The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 07-20-2017, 03:49 AM
Moderator Emeritus
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

I dont see why the children should've stayed home.

They are never too young to join their parents, I don't mind if they took them when they were 3 months old. I mean, the kids are only seen at the airport at arrival and departure. They aren't attending events they are suppose to be, aren't pulling their parents back from doing hat they should while on the the tour.

Good for them to have their kids.

The trip, It's nice to see that it's not a packed trip yet we get tons of pictures and there is a nice balance between daytime events and 2 receptions so far. Cant wait for the next events.

Old 07-20-2017, 07:05 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

The Duke and Duchess attended a Garden Party at the residence of the British Ambassador in Germany, in Berlin.

PPE Agency

Old 07-20-2017, 07:14 AM
Administrator

Day 2 in Germany! Here are the first pics:

** gettyimages gallery: DEU: The Duke And Duchess Of Cambridge Visit Germany - Day 2 **

** dailymail: She's a real ray of sunshine! Kate excels at diplomatic dressing AGAIN **
Old 07-20-2017, 07:24 AM
Royal Highness

Live Blog SWR:
https://www.swr.de/swraktuell/bw/live-blog-aus-heidelberg-die-royals-sind-da

Video SWR:
https://www.facebook.com/pg/SWRAktuell/videos/
Old 07-20-2017, 07:24 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

I don't see why they take the kids on the trip, disrupting their routine but I guess they know better. It will even be clear to the Cambridges that those kids will bring tons of positive PR, much more than when leaving them at home.
I don't see much of a balance, somebody brought up the comparison to Estelle who has been eased into everyday events but doesnt go on official trips.
The Cambridges bring their kids on a full glare official visit like this but we hardly see them in the UK, even on small events that would fit with children of their age. Its like 0 to 100% then back to 0 and not, like with Estelle, a lingering 25%.
I don't think its only a character trait to be more outgoing, Charlotte might simply be too young to realize certain things that George does now.
Old 07-20-2017, 07:40 AM
Heir Apparent

The kids really aren't doing that much. Arrival and departures. In Canada, they did a kids party but George and Charlotte were basically like the other kids going from the various stations with their parents. The closest thing to a real royal type engagement was when George was brought along to the Air Show. He got to sit in the planes but he still had to meet and greet people.

What recent engagements in the U.K. could have William or Kate taken George and or Charlotte to that would not have brought all the attention to G & C instead of the cause that William and Kate were there to promote? The BP garden party for kids who lost their parents? Nope, William with the British Lionesses? Spot light stealing kids.

We know that the kids go and do thinks. There are pap pictures of the petting zoo etc. Ben Affleck told that story on Graham Norton how his kids were at the same London indoor play center as G&C.
Old 07-20-2017, 08:00 AM
Majesty

Another Galleries from today day 2 in Germany

Belga Image

https://www.rexfeatures.com/set/8966882
Old 07-20-2017, 08:08 AM
Heir Apparent

The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge will renew their friendly sporting rivalry when they visit the picturesque German city of Heidelberg.

William and Kate will take to the waters of the River Neckar in opposing rowing boats - with female rowers from Cambridge and Heidelberg - for a race.

The two cities are twinned and the oars-women will be coxed by their royal guests.

The Duke and Duchess, who are on a three-day tour of Germany with Prince George and Princess Charlotte, began their day in the university city by visiting the German Cancer Research Centre.

Read more: Duke and Duchess of Cambridge make pretzels on visit to Heidelberg market
Old 07-20-2017, 09:51 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Day 2: The Duke and Duchess visit to Heidelberg, Germany.

[DNF] Fotoarchief Denieuwsfoto

http://ppe-agency.com/show.php?zoekt...7%20Heidelberg

http://ppe-agency.com/show.php?zoekt...-2017%20Rowing
Old 07-20-2017, 10:13 AM
Heir Apparent

They are very charming together and people pick up on that and enjoy seeing them.

LaRae
Old 07-20-2017, 10:23 AM
Heir Apparent

[QUOTE=Duke of Marmalade;2004453]I don't see why they take the kids on the trip, disrupting their routine but I guess they know better. It will even be clear to the Cambridges that those kids will bring tons of positive PR, much more than when leaving them at home.
I don't see much of a balance, somebody brought up the comparison to Estelle who has been eased into everyday events but doesnt go on official trips.
The Cambridges bring their kids on a full glare official visit like this but we hardly see them in the UK, even on small events that would fit with children of their age. Its like 0 to 100% then back to 0 and not, like with Estelle, a lingering 25%.
I don't think its only a character trait to be more outgoing, Charlotte might simply be too young to realize certain things that George does now.[/QUOTE
Yes, I agree with your assessment. George is only almost four! Reminds me of our first son at that age. For the whole summer when he was four, he would not go in our pool, afraid of it. When we had his high school graduation party at our pool, 14 years later, he dove in with all his clothes on to get the party going!
Give George a chance!
Old 07-20-2017, 10:30 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

'I do want to beat my husband': Competitive Kate takes on William in a thrilling boat race - but gets trounced by the Duke (despite having an Olympic champion rower on her team!)

Old 07-20-2017, 11:02 AM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
The one major thing that strikes me about the Cambridges going on a week long tour and taking the kids with them is that it shows that they are very much keeping a balance between family and duty. I think it will be something that we will see a lot of during the coming years.
Old 07-20-2017, 11:19 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

well, as soon as the kids are in school I doubt we will see them on any tour, there will be a lot more critizism.
Old 07-20-2017, 11:38 AM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Once the kids are all in school, the parents will have more freedom to schedule things in their appointment books but I imagine that they'd be wanting to be at home at night with the kids. Maybe more tours scheduled for when the kids have breaks from school will happen? I dunno. At least the kids will have a general idea what happens on these tours should they remain at home with Nanny Maria.

We'll just have to wait and see how things develop.
Old 07-20-2017, 12:29 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

TRH The Duke and Duchess stop to take photos with local children in Heidelberg.

Old 07-20-2017, 01:07 PM
Heir Presumptive

Video: Knot bad: William and Kate try pretzel making - BBC News
Quote:
The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge have tried their hand at pretzel making on their visit to Heidelberg in Germany.

Prince William made various attempts alongside Kate, before opting for a simpler dough folding method.

The couple then each coxed a boat for a race on the river - with the prince's boat the apparent winner.
Videos from Getty Images:

Footage of the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge visiting a Heidelberg... Stock Footage Video | Getty Images

Footage of the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge finishing the Heidelberg... Stock Footage Video | Getty Images

Footage of the Duchess of Cambridge receiving her medal following the... Stock Footage Video | Getty Images

Footage of the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge returning to land after... Stock Footage Video | Getty Images

Videos from the garden party yesterday: (Much of it not posted here)
Exterior shots of the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge attending a... Stock Footage Video | Getty Images

Exterior shots of the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge attending a... Stock Footage Video | Getty Images

William's speech - part 1:
Exterior shots of Prince William, Duke of Cambridge making a speech... Stock Footage Video | Getty Images

William's speech - part 2:
Exterior shots of Prince William, Duke of Cambridge making a speech... Stock Footage Video | Getty Images

Video of the meeting with German Federal President, Frank-Walter Steinmeier and his wife Elke Budenbender at Bellevue Palace:(Not posted here)
The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge meet the German Federal President,... Stock Footage Video | Getty Images

Video from today:
Old 07-20-2017, 01:14 PM
Royal Highness

Videos RNF:

http://www.rnf.de/mediathek/tag/heidelberg/
Old 07-20-2017, 03:23 PM
Majesty

I don't know if the Daily Mail reporter here is ignorant, silly or deliberately ignorant: Kate Middleton and Prince William with German youngsters | Daily Mail Online

That sign is not considered offensive in most places outside UK, at worst it's considered cheeky.
The Asians use it constantly as a peace sign and in continental Europe it's to the best of my knowledge rabbits ears, making fun of the one in front of you.

Does the British press have a quota saying: You must write at least five silly articles a day.
Old 07-20-2017, 03:28 PM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhler View Post
Finally the essence of the whole trip is covered. Brexit.
That is the only seriousness about this trip, William getting the formal Brexit message across, reading a statement.
The rest is PR, really. Look how pretty Kate looks. What is she wearing? And the children, how cute!
Rowing, doing Pretzels.
I really don't envy royals, at all. And sometimes I really understand the look on William's face when he is fully aware that he has to make a fool of himself for the sake of the firm and the country in order to get a formal government statement across. Kate is much better at pretending it to be fun, because she wasnt born into it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhler View Post
I don't know if the Daily Mail reporter here is ignorant, silly or deliberately ignorant: Kate Middleton and Prince William with German youngsters | Daily Mail Online

That sign is not considered offensive in many places outside UK, at worst it's considered cheeky.
The Asians use it constantly as a peace sign and in continental Europe it's to the best of my knowledge rabbits ears, making fun of the one in front of you.

Does the British press have a quota saying: You must write at least five silly articles a day.
As you say, asian tourists do it all the time and its very common among teenagers. The victory sign has only one offensive background in Germany, when the former Deutsche Bank Boss Ackermann imitated Michael Jackson at court, doing the victory sign what came across as arrogant and caused major outrage at the time. It has nothing to do with young people doing it, very normal.