Duke and Duchess of Cambridge: Official Visit to Paris - March 17-18, 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well the Vatican is not a second rate prize either ...

But it is not a decision maker in the EU, if that is the intended target of those visits.

Maybe Charles and Camilla's trips to Austria, the Vatican and Romania are indeed of a different nature and not so much related to Brexit, although, in the case of Romania specifically, there must be some connection to the fact that Romania is one of the EU countries whose citizens are most likely to be targeted by any post-Brexit crackdown on immigration to the UK.

I would think that with the BRF maintaining their stance on being neutral when it comes to government and policy, that they wouldn't want to be seen putting more "importance" on one European country over another. Brexit is actually a matter solely within the British parliament's domain and the royals are visiting the different European countries as ambassadors of good will.

I don't think we'll ever know why certain royals are selected and asked to visit certain countries for sure and the government and powers that be are the ones who decided all this.

But it is not a decision maker in the EU, if that is the intended target of those visits.

Maybe Charles and Camilla's trips to Austria, the Vatican and Romania are indeed of a different nature and not so much related to Brexit, although, in the case of Romania specifically, there must be some connection to the fact that Romania is one of the EU countries whose citizens are most likely to be targeted by any post-Brexit crackdown on immigration to the UK.

They are going to Italy, not just the Vatican. Yes, they are meeting the pope, but they have other stops in Italy. He is receiving his renaissance man award as part. And Italy is indeed a player. With UK exiting, Italy moves up into the top three in the eu.

Last edited:
I've loved a lot of the photos from William and Catherine's visit to Paris. My favourites are this one, this one and this one.
I'm pleased to see that they visited the Bataclan victims; but then again I feel like it wouldn't be quite right not to. It was also cute to see the photos of the couple bumping into the Cambridges at the Eiffel Tower - how lovely for them!

Charles and Camilla are going to the countries that are "persuadable" re Brexit terms.

France and Germany are more entrenched

In the voting on Brexit - every country is equal ie Romania has the same power as Germany

The royals are playing their part, but it must be hard for them to watch the United Kingdom go. The Queen and government are sending the best royal power couples out on the world stage to help though. Charles & Camilla and William & Catherine.

I've loved a lot of the photos from William and Catherine's visit to Paris. My favourites are this one, this one and this one.
I'm pleased to see that they visited the Bataclan victims; but then again I feel like it wouldn't be quite right not to. It was also cute to see the photos of the couple bumping into the Cambridges at the Eiffel Tower - how lovely for them!

My favorite is the one of them coming down the stair case....next favorite the the clock scene.

LaRae

It is interesting the Cambridges get to go to the "big guns" (France, Germany, Poland, etc.) whereas Charles and Camilla get Austria, Romania, and the Vatican. I suppose the Foreign Office might feel that William and Kate's "charming power" may be greater than Charles and Camilla's, which is probably true BTW.

I would add King Felipe VI's upcoming state visit to the UK also as part of that royal "charming campaign", as Spain is one of the biggest EU countries.

Charles and Camilla are going to the countries that are "persuadable" re Brexit terms.

France and Germany are more entrenched

In the voting on Brexit - every country is equal ie Romania has the same power as Germany

Let us not forget that France and Germany have had state visits from the UK in the last 3 years. Sending C&C to some of the other 27 countries was probably a considered decision by the government.

The Duke and Duchess visit to L'Hotel des Invalides and also at Trocadero square near the Eiffel Tower in Paris.

PPE Agency

ah, to be a royal correspondent. I kinda feel bad for these people :p

Need to take note of everywhere they go and people they meet

and waiting

I don't. Have he never seen the coverage of a royal tour? All the reporters basically get the same story. The Mail isn't different from the Express. The only thing that is different is the pictures.

"ITV News Royal Correspondent Chris Ship followed the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge on their brief trip to Paris."

Verdict on my first royal tour: Lots of waiting around - ITV News

And boy, can those two attract a crowd.

Not just a crowd of press photographers (and there are a lot of those).

But a crowd of internationally diverse tourists who just want a glimpse, a long distance selfie or a quick wave before the couple disappear again.

And it's here that this new royal correspondent began to realise the Royal Family in general, and these young royals in particular, are the correct definition of international superstars.

That's our Duke and Duchess.

"I'm fed up of waiting around for hours on end, simply to watch two people leave a building and climb into a car."

It beats the unemployment line.

Back
Top Bottom