The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 03-18-2017, 01:27 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge watched as Wales lost to France in the final second during an unprecedented Six Nations' clash in Paris.

William, patron of the Welsh Rugby Union, and his wife watched as the game ran into its 100th minute and France scored a last-minute try.

France finally won 20-18 at the Stade de France as Wales conceded a succession of penalties.
Read more: Kate and William see Wales lose to France in 100th minute of Six Nations clash - ITV News

Old 03-18-2017, 01:36 PM
Heir Presumptive

Is the rugby match the last event of this official visit?

Old 03-18-2017, 01:38 PM
Heir Apparent

Yes. They head home now.
Old 03-18-2017, 01:49 PM
Imperial Majesty

Speaking Personally,

I truly enjoyed watching William and Catherine's official trip to Paris, France. My emotions were all over the place on the Cambridge's during the start of the week. This trip has eased those emotions.

William and Catherine has charmed the officials and people of Paris. It wasn't a large tour and they didn't meet a great deal of the public, but I think trip went very well and accomplished its goals. The trip had a hint of diplomacy, emotions and glamour. I think the Cambridge's did their royal job. I could tell William was embarrassed and a little tense about the week, but his years of training carried him through. Catherine's warm smile, love and support helped too.

This couple has let us all know everything is still good and they handled the pressure with a great deal of professionalism.

On the whole, The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge has made me very proud.

Lovely Pictures of the Power Couple-
http://worldofwindsor.tumblr.com/pos...paris-visit-on

http://worldofwindsor.tumblr.com/pos...maven-the-duke

Picture Clip:
http://worldofwindsor.tumblr.com/pos...g-at-the-rugby

Pictures:
http://worldofwindsor.tumblr.com/post/158550784318

A.W. TOZER
Old 03-18-2017, 02:37 PM
Heir Presumptive

Video:
The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge have visited Les Invalides military hospital in Paris where they met some victims of the terror attack on the Bataclan theatre in 2015. They will attend the Six Nations Rugby match between France and Wales at the Stade de France this afternoon.
Home - ITNSource News
Old 03-18-2017, 02:46 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
Speaking Personally,

I truly enjoyed watching William and Catherine's official trip to Paris, France. My emotions were all over the place on the Cambridge's during the start of the week. This trip has eased those emotions.

William and Catherine has charmed the officials and people of Paris. It wasn't a large tour and they didn't meet a great deal of the public, but I think trip went very well and accomplished its goals. The trip had a hint of diplomacy, emotions and glamour. I think the Cambridge's did their royal job. I could tell William was embarrassed and a little tense about the week, but his years of training carried him through. Catherine's warm smile, love and support helped too.

This couple has let us all know everything is still good and they handled the pressure with a great deal of professionalism.

On the whole, The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge has made me very proud.

Lovely Pictures of the Power Couple-
World of Windsor : royalwatcher: The Duke and Duchess during their...

World of Windsor : Middleton Maven‏ @MiddletonMaven The Duke &...

Picture Clip:
World of Windsor : cambridgedom: Chatting at the rugby ...

Pictures:
World of Windsor
I have to agree. The royal mystic is obviously still there. Members of the BRF are always warmly welcomed to France and it's always a pleasure to see a good'ol royal visit to Paris.
But The Cambridges have to learn to not rest on their laurels. Work is the key and i'm looking forward to see them more often as full time royals .
Old 03-18-2017, 02:54 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLLK View Post
The PoW and Duchess of Cornwall and the Cambridges are being dispatched to various European nations by the Foreign Office to reassure those countries of the UK's commitment to them in the wake of Brexit.

Charles and Camilla are going to Austria, Romania, and the Vatican in late March. The Cambridges will go to Poland and Germany.

Likely they'll head to other countries later in 2017.
It is interesting the Cambridges get to go to the "big guns" (France, Germany, Poland, etc.) whereas Charles and Camilla get Austria, Romania, and the Vatican. I suppose the Foreign Office might feel that William and Kate's "charming power" may be greater than Charles and Camilla's, which is probably true BTW.

I would add King Felipe VI's upcoming state visit to the UK also as part of that royal "charming campaign", as Spain is one of the biggest EU countries.
Old 03-18-2017, 03:22 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
I really don't see it as "big guns" at all. With Charles and Camilla's trips, at least two of them are pretty pertinent to Charles. Romania is a country that Charles absolutely loves and has several projects there. Anyone that knows anything about Charles knows he's a staunch defender of different religions and I imagine he and Pope Francis will get on famously.

All these trips are visits from the UK to the host country and not by the specific royal that represents Her Majesty, The Queen on them.
Old 03-18-2017, 04:08 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
I really don't see it as "big guns" at all. With Charles and Camilla's trips, at least two of them are pretty pertinent to Charles. Romania is a country that Charles absolutely loves and has several projects there. Anyone that knows anything about Charles knows he's a staunch defender of different religions and I imagine he and Pope Francis will get on famously.

All these trips are visits from the UK to the host country and not by the specific royal that represents Her Majesty, The Queen on them.
To be fair, when it comes to EU, France and Germany is rather big gun..
Old 03-18-2017, 04:11 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by hernameispekka View Post
To be fair, when it comes to EU, France and Germany is rather big gun..
Well the Vatican is not a second rate prize either ...
Old 03-18-2017, 04:42 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico View Post
Well the Vatican is not a second rate prize either ...
But it is not a decision maker in the EU, if that is the intended target of those visits.

Maybe Charles and Camilla's trips to Austria, the Vatican and Romania are indeed of a different nature and not so much related to Brexit, although, in the case of Romania specifically, there must be some connection to the fact that Romania is one of the EU countries whose citizens are most likely to be targeted by any post-Brexit crackdown on immigration to the UK.
Old 03-18-2017, 05:20 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
I would think that with the BRF maintaining their stance on being neutral when it comes to government and policy, that they wouldn't want to be seen putting more "importance" on one European country over another. Brexit is actually a matter solely within the British parliament's domain and the royals are visiting the different European countries as ambassadors of good will.

I don't think we'll ever know why certain royals are selected and asked to visit certain countries for sure and the government and powers that be are the ones who decided all this.
Old 03-18-2017, 05:29 PM
Imperial Majesty

Video:
The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge meeting Bataclan terror attack survivors in Paris-
https://mobile.twitter.com/Telegraph...921345/video/1

http://news.sky.com/story/william-an...tacks-10806384

A.W. TOZER
Old 03-18-2017, 05:32 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbruno View Post
But it is not a decision maker in the EU, if that is the intended target of those visits.

Maybe Charles and Camilla's trips to Austria, the Vatican and Romania are indeed of a different nature and not so much related to Brexit, although, in the case of Romania specifically, there must be some connection to the fact that Romania is one of the EU countries whose citizens are most likely to be targeted by any post-Brexit crackdown on immigration to the UK.
They are going to Italy, not just the Vatican. Yes, they are meeting the pope, but they have other stops in Italy. He is receiving his renaissance man award as part. And Italy is indeed a player. With UK exiting, Italy moves up into the top three in the eu.
Old 03-18-2017, 06:00 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

I've loved a lot of the photos from William and Catherine's visit to Paris. My favourites are this one, this one and this one.
I'm pleased to see that they visited the Bataclan victims; but then again I feel like it wouldn't be quite right not to. It was also cute to see the photos of the couple bumping into the Cambridges at the Eiffel Tower - how lovely for them!

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 03-18-2017, 06:34 PM
Heir Apparent

Charles and Camilla are going to the countries that are "persuadable" re Brexit terms.

France and Germany are more entrenched

In the voting on Brexit - every country is equal ie Romania has the same power as Germany

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 03-18-2017, 06:45 PM
Imperial Majesty

The royals are playing their part, but it must be hard for them to watch the United Kingdom go. The Queen and government are sending the best royal power couples out on the world stage to help though. Charles & Camilla and William & Catherine.

A.W. TOZER
Old 03-18-2017, 07:54 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereditaryPrincess View Post
I've loved a lot of the photos from William and Catherine's visit to Paris. My favourites are this one, this one and this one.
I'm pleased to see that they visited the Bataclan victims; but then again I feel like it wouldn't be quite right not to. It was also cute to see the photos of the couple bumping into the Cambridges at the Eiffel Tower - how lovely for them!

My favorite is the one of them coming down the stair case....next favorite the the clock scene.

LaRae
Old 03-18-2017, 08:29 PM
Gentry

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C7PWp19VAAAf-wh.jpg

Haha, love everyone's expressions in the picture
Old 03-19-2017, 04:13 AM
Majesty

Quote:
It is interesting the Cambridges get to go to the "big guns" (France, Germany, Poland, etc.) whereas Charles and Camilla get Austria, Romania, and the Vatican. I suppose the Foreign Office might feel that William and Kate's "charming power" may be greater than Charles and Camilla's, which is probably true BTW.

I would add King Felipe VI's upcoming state visit to the UK also as part of that royal "charming campaign", as Spain is one of the biggest EU countries.
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cepe View Post
Charles and Camilla are going to the countries that are "persuadable" re Brexit terms.

France and Germany are more entrenched

In the voting on Brexit - every country is equal ie Romania has the same power as Germany
Let us not forget that France and Germany have had state visits from the UK in the last 3 years. Sending C&C to some of the other 27 countries was probably a considered decision by the government.

Tags
catherine, duchess of cambridge, duke of cambridge, paris, prince william