Duke and Duchess of Cambridge: Official Visit to India - April 10-16, 2016

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rudolph

Majesty
City
Country
Canada
Kensington Palace @KensingtonRoyal
The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge will visit #India in the spring of 2016, at the request of HM's Government.

Kensington Palace ‏@KensingtonRoyal
It will be the first time The Duke and Duchess have visited the country. Further #RoyalVisitIndia details will be announced early next year!

Last edited:
Look forward to the trip.

Peter Hunt ‏@BBCPeterHunt
Prince George and Princess Charlotte won't travel to India with their parents next year.

:previous: Not even George? :sad:

There is no royal visited india and not photographed the Taj mahal. Ιnteresting trip.

Last edited by a moderator:
:previous: Not even George? :sad:
Doesn't seem like it. Which makes sense. It's a very warm country, and it might be easier for the kids to be in their own comfort at home, espcially for George. My guess is that this will be a 1-1½ week tour instead but with more stuff crammed in the days than in AUS/NZ. And more space for evening events since they don't have kids to put to bed :)

I agree. It will be more like William's visit to China and Japan than the visit to Australia.

Last edited:
Agreed, makes sense not to take the children. I suspect the trip will be about a week, and may have a strong conservation and cultural theme to it

Not a coincidence the tour was announced today. Prime Minister Narendra Modi of India was received at BP today by the Queen

Last edited:
When is this going to happen? I'm surprised they are leaving the kids especially Charlotte. I would think it would take a lot to leave the children behind for a week and a half.

Agreed, makes sense not to take the children. I suspect the trip will be about a week, and may have a strong conservation and cultural theme to it
Yeah, I thoought about the conservation thing as well, that it probably fits well :)

I look forward to it!

This trip is at the request of the Government and they are going to be very busy, so it make sense that the children will be home.

Have they said they won't be taking the children?

LaRae

This wasn't really a surprise to me, and why take the children to India in what I think is going to be a very busy trip?

I think bringing the kids is for more a realm country visit like a return visit to Canada.

India is going to be like the Singapore and Malaysia portion of the South Pacific tour. Some business, culture, conservation, women and children support type engagements.

I wonder if they go to the Taj Mahal or is the lonely Diana photo and the inevitable rehash of it too much hassle?

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

I think if they go near the Taj Mahal at all it will most certainly be a joint appearance. Unfortunately any pics will give cause to bring out the Diana alone there pics.

I think I'd avoid it myself.

LaRae

I think bringing the kids is for more a realm country visit like a return visit to Canada.

India is going to be like the Singapore and Malaysia portion of the South Pacific tour. Some business, culture, conservation, women and children support type engagements.

I wonder if they go to the Taj Mahal or is the lonely Diana photo and the inevitable rehash of it too much hassle?

Exactly!

This trip is (as I said above) at the request of the Government and they are going to be very busy, so this wasn't a surprise.

Looking forward to the trip, and I hope they visit the Taj Mahal.

George accompanied his parents to New Zealand and Australia because at the time of his visit, he was in line to one day be the King of these countries. A lot can happen in 50+ years, but still George will never be the Emperor of India, so there is no reason to take two small children on this tour.

This is absolutley grat news! According to the BBC the children won't get along with their parents, maybe due to high temepratures... I think it will be a good decision to leave them at home.... I also want to see how they will manage without good op with kids.

Accordin to Niraj Tanna the visit is set to take place in April and will also include Bhutan as well as India.

Bringing the kids does not mean they will be paraded for the world to see. I ts just that people I know wouldn't be to keen on leaving their very young children for that long; and the babies could stay inside away from cameras while WnK work.

The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge will visit India in the spring of 2016

But W&K are probably hopping around the country not staying in a secured govt house like they did in Australia and NZ. The kids would need security, additional cars, rooms, travel costs. That's more taxpayers money. The tour is probably 2 week at the maximum. Without the kids, more time for events since they won't be traveling back and to forth to the base like they did in Aus/NZ. William in a week in Japan and China probably did more events than WK three weeks down under.

William and Kate can Skype back home with Nanny Maria and the kids.

We know what any pictures of them taken in front of the Taj Mahal will generate and I don't need a crystal ball on this one.

Nevertheless, I do hope we get a beautiful picture of the two of them happily beaming at each other in front of this majestic building.

We know what any pictures of them taken in front of the Taj Mahal will generate and I don't need a crystal ball on this one.

Nevertheless, I do hope we get a beautiful picture of the two of them happily beaming at each other in front of this majestic building.

Not this time I hope and for the exact same reasons you're thinking. I can see the articles...Cambridges Visit Iconic Temple to Love Where The Crisis of His Parents Marriage First Became Public...complete w/comparison pictures of them and then Diana.

Thank you, but no!! Maybe for Visit Number Two, but not this time. At least I hope.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

Well, the very idea that William & Catherine will be visiting the Taj Mahal is enough to bring a tear to my eye, because it's not only a beautiful place, but that this couple want to do this the right way.

Just brace yourself for the inevitable comparisons to his parents visit. Ugh.

LaRae

Just brace yourself for the inevitable comparisons to his parents visit. Ugh.

LaRae

Well, this couple will go to the same places his parents went to. That's just the reality. Members of the royal family will visit the Taj Mahal. The comparisons will be there regardless. Folks just have to get used to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom