Duke and Duchess of Cambridge: Official Visit to India - April 10-16, 2016

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Victoria Murphy ‏@QueenVicMirror 1h1 hour ago
Kate said to one guest tonight about Princess Diana: "unfortunately I never had the pleasure of meeting her." #RoyalVisitIndia

Victoria Murphy ‏@QueenVicMirror 1h1 hour ago
Kate was asked tonight how she looks so trim and she said: "I am running after my kids." #RoyalVisitIndia

Richard Palmer ‏@RoyalReporter 1h1 hour ago
Back-handed compliment? One guest at tonight's garden party told Kate: 'You look much better in person than in your photographs." :)

Last edited:
'The Duke said he hadn't watched any Bollywood movies but he represents the British film industry was and interested in collaboration'

I am speechless - William has never seen a Bollywood movie?? And he even admits to that when meeting his hosts?? How rude and unprepared can you be, it's not that there wasn't time to watch eg a SRK movie, if only because of interest in the industry or the people you are about to meet.

I´m not sure if you have to be "prepared" by having watched a Bollywood movie to attend a gala like this! I think it´s refreshingly honest of him and not rude at all. He could have pretended to have seen a movie like this, such as many others would have done, as the screenplays and ingredients of a Bollywood film are more or less similar (boy meets girl, lots of romance and dances).... But, as a dude, he didn´t. To be honest, I know not of a single straight man having watched voluntarily:lol:

They both look shattered and fed up. Part of the royal deal is gritting your teeth and getting on with it like you are loving every minute. Not a big ask in return for the luxurious, life long, free ride.

I'm not seeing that....most of the pics show them engaged with what is going on around them.

LaRae

All posts and articles about the wind blowing Catherine's dress, have been moved to her daytime fashion thread. Please continue the discussion there. All further discussions about the topic will be deleted.

Last edited:
UK in India ‏@UKinIndia
Duke & Duchess of Cambridge celebrate HM The Queen’s birthday @KensingtonRoyal @BritishMonarchy #RoyalVisitIndia

https://www.gov.uk/government/world...elebrate-her-majesty-the-queens-90th-birthday

SPEECH BY THE DUKE OF CAMBRIDGE

Thank you, High Commissioner, for your introduction and thank you, distinguished guests, ministers, and all, for being here tonight.

Tonight, we are celebrating the links between our two countries. This is the first time Catherine and I have been to India and we have been incredibly impressed to see just how much this great country is on the move, and how India’s dynamism is matched by the warmth and welcome of its diverse people.

I am honoured that we also have a chance, tonight, to celebrate a very happy milestone for the United Kingdom and for my family in particular.

Next week, Her Majesty The Queen, my grandmother, turns 90. I am so grateful to all of you for turning out tonight to help us mark that occasion.

The Queen is very fond of India, having visited this great country three times during her reign. And India of course is the biggest country in the Commonwealth, the family of nations to which she has committed so much of her life’s work. India’s contribution to the Commonwealth is something that is enormously important to her.

As my grandmother’s birthday gives us a chance to celebrate the partnership between our nations, I hope you don’t mind if I take the opportunity to pay tribute to The Queen on a more personal note.

I am incredibly lucky to have my grandmother in my life. As she turns 90, she is a remarkably energetic and dedicated guiding force for her family.

And I am so glad that my children are having the chance to get to know The Queen. George and Charlotte, too, will discover how lucky they are to have such a wonderful great-grandmother – a role model for the rest of their lives.

Now, it is important that everyone here tonight understands that I am here as The Queen’s representative. She may be my grandmother, but she is also very much the boss! And with that in mind, she has given me a message that I am privileged to read out to you all tonight:

MESSAGE FROM HER MAJESTY THE QUEEN

Prince Philip and I send our warmest good wishes to all you attending this special Garden Party.

I am delighted that The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge have been able to join you this afternoon during their visit to your country.

I have fond memories of our previous visits to India. This event today is a wonderful opportunity to celebrate the enduring friendship between our two countries, our shared culture and the business opportunities we can create together.

It is with great pleasure that I entrust another generation of my family to strengthen and renew our bonds. Signed, Elizabeth R.

(Message from Her Majesty ends)

Now I can report back to Granny that I have done my duty!

Distinguished guests, ladies and gentlemen, thank you for joining with us to wish The Queen a very happy birthday. Bahut dhanyavaad.

Beautiful words by William to his grandmother.

William did a good job with the speech. I like how even in a quite formal setting as this Garden Party most likely was, he manages to insert personal depth into his words. Its quite endearing I think.

They both look shattered and fed up. Part of the royal deal is gritting your teeth and getting on with it like you are loving every minute. Not a big ask in return for the luxurious, life long, free ride.

I feel like I'm feeding a troll but if you are going to use the argument that they are looking fed up, perhaps choose photos that aren't related to a memorial!!

William did a good job with the speech. I like how even in a quite formal setting as this Garden Party most likely was, he manages to insert personal depth into his words. Its quite endearing I think.

I've always liked William. Some of the reasons for that is his warmth, his people skills and because he seems like a decent guy. He has however never struck me as a very intelligent person, but that has really changed in the past two years. And yes, he did a very good job with the speech.

Last edited:
I get the feeling that W&K visiting with this Trust that has the welfare of so many children on the streets has affected them quite deeply. This is a prime cause that both the Cambridges are very much involved with especially with the mental health issues.

Until this event, I hadn't realize how many thousands of children lived on the streets alone escaping from horrors no child should ever have to face.

On day three of their official tour of India, The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge met with a group of Indian women to hear about a range of issues affecting women and girls in the country.

The meeting was convened at the personal request of The Duke who wanted an opportunity to hear directly from women working to support other women and girls. He also wanted to get a sense of work being done to help young women to achieve their full potential and for men to become more supportive of the women and girls in their lives.

They have completed appearances in Delhi and have flown to the National Park. Around posts 50-60 in this thread there are various versions of the itinerary. :flowers:
Thank you! So they have a reception in the evening right?

I'm so pleased to hear that they met with Women's Rights Advocates in India. The current issues regarding women in India are sensitive matters, these women need protection and recognition! So nice of them to meet them and promote women's rights.

TRH The Duke and Duchess meet the Prime Minister at Hyderabad House in New Delhi today.

PPE

PPE Agency

Belga

http://portal.belgaimage.be/editorial/advanced-search/themes:none/period:WHENEVER/img:none-none/photographer:none/others:none/sourcesKey:/sources:BELGA,AFP,BELGA/AFP,AFLO,AFP/GETTY,AFPCREATIVE,AFPINFOGRAPHICS,AFPOLD,AGEFOTOSTOCK,AGENCIA_LOF,AGIF,AKG,ALLACCESS,ALLACCESSNL,ANADOLU,ANP,ARCHIBEL,BELGACREATIVE,BELGA_CORPORATE,BELGA_HANDOUT,BELGIANPRIMEMINISTER,BELGIAN_FREELANCE,BELPRESS,BELPRESSNEWS,BILDERBERG,BIOS,BRIDGEMAN,BSIP,BUITENBEELD,CORDONPRESS,CORPORATE_ARCHIVE,CTK,DPA,DUTCH_FREELANCE,EASYFOTOSTOCK,EFE,EPA,EPP,ESTADO,EUREKA,EYEVINE,FIGARO,FONDATION_HORSTTAPPE,FOODCENTRALE,FOTOSPORTS,GALLERYSTOCK,GERMAINE_VAN_PARYS,GETTYOLD,HEMIS,ICONSPORT,ILLUSTRA,IMAGEBROKER,IMAGEGLOBE,IMAGESOURCE,IMAGO,INSIGHTMEDIA,INTERFOTO,ISOSPORT,ITARTASS,JUICEIMAGES,KINA,LEEMAGE,MARLYSEPRESSPHOTO,MAXPPP,MINDENPICTURES,MONKEY,MTI,NEWSCOM,NEWZULU,NEWZULUARCHIVE,NOVOSTI,ODETTEDEREZE,ONLYFRANCE,ONOKY,OPALE,PAP,PHANIE,PHOTO12,PHOTOALTO,PHOTONONSTOP,PHOTOSHOT,PICTUREALLIANCE,PICTUREDESK,PIXATERRA,PIXTAL,PRISMAPIX,RADIUS,REGINALDDAVIS,RIZZOLI,RMNGRANDPALAIS,ROGERVIOLLET,ROYALPRESS,ROYALSBYROBIN,RTBF,SCANPIX_DENMARK,SCANPIX_NORWAY,SCIENCE,SHOOTINGSTAR,SOLENT,SPAARNESTAD,SPAZIANI,STUDIOHARCOURT,TOPFOTO,TOPFOTOPREMIUM,TT,VEFFIA,VTM,WESTEND61,XINHUA,ZUMAPRESS/isAdv:false/belgaOnly:false/PRINCE%2520WILLIAM%2520%2520Narendra%2520Modi#theme:none-index:1-size:20

ITV News

http://www.itv.com/news/update/2016-04-12/prince-william-talks-steel-with-indian-pm-during-visit/

Last edited:
What's the schedule for today?

Today and tomorrow:

• 12 April, New Delhi and Kaziranga
Visit the Salaam Baalak Trust, an organisation supporting some of the most vulnerable young people living on the streets in Delhi.

Lunch with Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi.

Meet young people around the campfire in Kaziranga and watch dance and music performances.

• 13 April, Kaziranga
Enjoy an open air drive around the National Park and meet rangers.

Visit the Centre for Wildlife Rehabilitation and Conservation, home to animals including elephants, rhinos and bears.

Visit the Kaziranga Discovery Centre built by the charity founded by Mark Shand , Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall's late brother.

Royal tour 2016 itinerary: Prince William and Kate Middleton's full schedule for India and Bhutan visit - Mirror Online

Video:
The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge continue their royal tour of India, they begin the day by meeting young people and then visit a shelter for children. William and Kate then met with Indian Prime Minister, Narendra Modi.

Home - ITNSource News

I get the feeling that W&K visiting with this Trust that has the welfare of so many children on the streets has affected them quite deeply. This is a prime cause that both the Cambridges are very much involved with especially with the mental health issues.

Until this event, I hadn't realize how many thousands of children lived on the streets alone escaping from horrors no child should ever have to face.

I have no doubt in my mind that the couple was left very affected after this engagement. Their involvement with children's mental health is a great asset and I hope they will be able to help make these children's lives just a little bit better. I have a feeling that spending some time with a prince and a princess uplifted many children's spirits. William and Catherine are amazing when interacting with children and people in general and the images show exactly that.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom