Duke and Duchess of Cambridge: Official Visit to India - April 10-16, 2016

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, William and Catherine left their own mark and memories at the Taj Mahal. I love they were able to do this just days before their 5th wedding anniversary too. Beautiful set of pictures of a couple in love.

The headlines back at home will be nice and interesting.

Last edited:
Now, I'm sure someday Harry will take his future wife there.

You have to just love Arthur Edwards!

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

Arthur said everything beautifully. The Cambridge's have now made their own memories and, I think, want people to move on from the saddest memories of his mother's life.

I'm personally very pleased with the way my future king and queen have gone about this tour. They've been interested, engaged, polite and friendly throughout. I'm sure HM is pleased too. Well done to them and their team.

Video:
William and Kate return to India to visit the Taj Mahal, which was built in 1632 by Moghul Emperor Shah Jahan in memory of his favourite wife. They have their picture taken at the 'Diana bench'. The bench acquired its name after William's mother, the late Princess Diana, visited in 1992 and was memorably photographed sitting alone on a bench on front of the marble mausoleum.
Home - ITNSource News

Did anyone else look at photos from the trip and think of how these parents will share pictures of the trip with the kids? Because my mind went there a lot.
What fun to show your child pictures of you feeding a baby elephant or petting a baby rhino. And what a learning opportunity to show the kids the other children you met in the slums of Mumbai, the wild fringes of Assam, the cricket grounds or elsewhere.
Imagine being able to explain to Charlotte or George who is in that statue at the Ghandi home or how the tiger temple was located where it was? Oh and here are Mom and Dad at that temple holding hands!
I know when I was young, I used to ask my mom about what she wore in old pictures and she would tell me stories of this dress or that pair of shoes. I do hope Charlotte and mommy discuss the Pinkham blue and the Anna Sui wild choice.
And that Charlotte and George get to play with some of those many scarves that Mom and Dad bring home. Because a scarf can be many things and children need to explore that a bit.

Last edited:
With George and Charlotte being so little, the animals are probably going to be what they are going discuss. Maybe pictures of the Bhutan Prince. Why children are living in a slum is probably a bit over George's head right now.

With George and Charlotte being so little, the animals are probably going to be what they are going discuss. Maybe pictures of the Bhutan Prince. Why children are living in a slum is probably a bit over George's head right now.

Well as a person raised as a Catholic, people that had less than I did was a really early lesson. The family is about service. I think there are ways to work the theme of service, youth, helping others, etc. into what they say to the kids. Along the lines of "Those baby animals have no mommy - so we help them."
I don't thing (JMO) you don't wait until children are 9 or 12 or 16 to start them on ethical issues. You pick and choose, edit and reveal, depending on age.
But I also think they will discuss the beautiful mountains, the many people, the colors, the lifegiving water, there are lots of positive things they can show the kids though photos, while starting the little minds to wander.

Last edited:
Arthur said everything beautifully. The Cambridge's have now made their own memories and, I think, want people to move on from the saddest memories of his mother's life.

Actually, when I think of the Taj Mahal, I think of it as a monument not only to love, but also to loss. To me, the picture of Diana sitting there with a wistful look was striking as it portrayed her own sense of loss of a love (although at the time we didn't know they'd eventually divorce). Will & Kate together there, to me, have their own special, loving relationship and perhaps this monument served to remind them that love is never to be taken for granted and to make the most of each moment they have to share with each other.

All in all, the trip was a spectacular success but a hectic one. They'll probably breathe so much easier once they're reunited with their kids and get to sleep in their own bed and perhaps have a few days to just unwind. Sometimes the best part of a trip is coming home. :D

Actually, when I think of the Taj Mahal, I think of it as a monument not only to love, but also to loss. To me, the picture of Diana sitting there with a wistful look was striking as it portrayed her own sense of loss of a love (although at the time we didn't know they'd eventually divorce). Will & Kate together there, to me, have their own special, loving relationship and perhaps this monument served to remind them that love is never to be taken for granted and to make the most of each moment they have to share with each other.

All in all, the trip was a spectacular success but a hectic one. They'll probably breathe so much easier once they're reunited with their kids and get to sleep in their own bed and perhaps have a few days to just unwind. Sometimes the best part of a trip is coming home. :D

I agree with your entire post, Osipi.

I know they can't wait to get back home to the kids, to their own beds and a little down time. It has been a beautiful and memorable tour for them and us indeed.

The media have noticed that the Cambridge's have been very relaxed and comfortable with the media on this tour.

Last edited:
Hopefully they will be a bit more visible in May. If they disappear until June, it almost 1 step forward, 2 back.

I don't think we will see them until June much if at all. Between Will's work and the kids, I doubt they will venture from Amner much.

I don't think we will see them until June much if at all. Between Will's work and the kids, I doubt they will venture from Amner much.

I think the opposite. I think they'll be out and about with all the special celebrations going on for the Queen's 90th birthday. Isn't there a dinner planned at Windsor for all the family to attend on the Queen's actual birthday April 21st or is that dinner planned for June?

I do think they'll spend a good amount of time at Amner but also be visible here and there. We'll just have to wait and see.

Hopefully they will be a bit more visible in May. If they disappear until June, it almost 1 step forward, 2 back.

Agreed. Unfortunately, they have a tendency to disappear for weeks after major tours like this.

Well as a person raised as a Catholic, people that had less than I did was a really early lesson. The family is about service. I think there are ways to work the theme of service, youth, helping others, etc. into what they say to the kids. Along the lines of "Those baby animals have no mommy - so we help them."
I don't thing (JMO) you don't wait until children are 9 or 12 or 16 to start them on ethical issues. You pick and choose, edit and reveal, depending on age.
But I also think they will discuss the beautiful mountains, the many people, the colors, the lifegiving water, there are lots of positive things they can show the kids though photos, while starting the little minds to wander.

George is 3 much too young for long discussions.let him have these few precious years without getting him prepared for royal life etc animals would be all he would understand and that's all he needs now. They are much much too young to take on the cares of the world. And it has nothing to do with being catholic or not.

I guarantee they'll have engagements in May. They just arrived back in the UK and the negative nellies are already out and about.

I think 2016 will be one of their busier years. I hope rumours of a visit to Canada come through

Actually, I think it's beautiful that we've seen this much of William and Catherine. It's one of the reasons why I love when these official tours come about. Back at home in the UK, we don't see this much of them and on joint engagements as well.

Agreed. Unfortunately, they have a tendency to disappear for weeks after major tours like this.

Let's be fair. Anne went to the Falklands and rested up for wk when she returned, and C&C did the Balkans nd haven't done anything to spk of for a fortnight. They all take time off, esp those with other responsibilities be they children or grandchildren. Wessexes have done nothing for a fortnight because of Easter and school holidays. The Cambridges are no different.

Just saying they are no different from the rest.

Well I've said this before, if the press don't like covering the Cambridges, they can do what they do with Charles and Camilla and not cover them at all.

Charles and Camilla went to the Balkans for five days in March and one PA reporter went along. No one from the networks or daily newspapers covered it.

What's cool though is William and Catherine take up the entire front page of the Sunday Express (Camilla Tominey's paper) so she can't have too many complaints

Let's be fair. Anne went to the Falklands and rested up for wk when she returned, and C&C did the Balkans nd haven't done anything to spk of for a fortnight. They all take time off, esp those with other responsibilities be they children or grandchildren. Wessexes have done nothing for a fortnight because of Easter and school holidays. The Cambridges are no different.

Just saying they are no different from the rest.

I understand a week or two to rest up. But historically the Cambridges have taken way more time than that off. After the AU/NZ tour, their next engagement was a month later. I hope they don't squander the good PR of the tour by disappearing until June.

The Cambridge's will not disappear until June.

I think the tour went very well, but I do understand that some others and some members of the media want a bit more substance from the Cambridge's on their tours.

As for Catherine giving speeches on the tours, she did twice, but I'm not sure when she will do it again. I'm sure she will conduct a solo visit in the near future and give some speeches. We really don't hear from the spouses on official tours much.

Last edited by a moderator:
how wonderful that they appeared at the taj. good for wiliam, he is calling the shots

The Cambridge's will not disappear until June.

There are no real events for the queen until June. She has a few engagements this month for her birthday but only POW and Camilla, and Philip, are to join her. There is a private dinner at the palace, so if we get photos of the couple, it will be them in the car arriving. May there are some horse events, but the queen herself is only scheduled to attend one day. There is nothing on the calendar for these two. And I can see William saying he needs to fill his air ambulance hours to make up for the time he missed for India, in May. He will also need time away in June when the bigger events for the birthday are.

Really lovely post. Nothing should be taken for granted.:flowers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom