The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 04-12-2016, 07:43 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathia_sophia View Post
What's the schedule for today?
They have completed appearances in Delhi and have flown to the National Park. Around posts 50-60 in this thread there are various versions of the itinerary.

Old 04-12-2016, 07:43 AM
Royal Highness

https://www.royal.uk/duke-and-duches...dvocates-india

Old 04-12-2016, 07:47 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by hernameispekka View Post

On day three of their official tour of India, The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge met with a group of Indian women to hear about a range of issues affecting women and girls in the country.

The meeting was convened at the personal request of The Duke who wanted an opportunity to hear directly from women working to support other women and girls. He also wanted to get a sense of work being done to help young women to achieve their full potential and for men to become more supportive of the women and girls in their lives.
Old 04-12-2016, 08:17 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmirerUS View Post
They have completed appearances in Delhi and have flown to the National Park. Around posts 50-60 in this thread there are various versions of the itinerary.
Thank you! So they have a reception in the evening right?

I'm so pleased to hear that they met with Women's Rights Advocates in India. The current issues regarding women in India are sensitive matters, these women need protection and recognition! So nice of them to meet them and promote women's rights.
Old 04-12-2016, 08:30 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

TRH The Duke and Duchess meet the Prime Minister at Hyderabad House in New Delhi today.

PPE

PPE Agency

Belga

http://portal.belgaimage.be/editoria...ndex:1-size:20

ITV News

http://www.itv.com/news/update/2016-...-during-visit/
Old 04-12-2016, 08:42 AM
Nobility

Quote:
What's the schedule for today?
Today and tomorrow:

• 12 April, New Delhi and Kaziranga
Visit the Salaam Baalak Trust, an organisation supporting some of the most vulnerable young people living on the streets in Delhi.

Lunch with Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi.

Meet young people around the campfire in Kaziranga and watch dance and music performances.

• 13 April, Kaziranga
Enjoy an open air drive around the National Park and meet rangers.

Visit the Centre for Wildlife Rehabilitation and Conservation, home to animals including elephants, rhinos and bears.

Visit the Kaziranga Discovery Centre built by the charity founded by Mark Shand , Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall's late brother.

Royal tour 2016 itinerary: Prince William and Kate Middleton's full schedule for India and Bhutan visit - Mirror Online
Old 04-12-2016, 09:04 AM
Heir Presumptive

Video:
The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge continue their royal tour of India, they begin the day by meeting young people and then visit a shelter for children. William and Kate then met with Indian Prime Minister, Narendra Modi.

Home - ITNSource News
Old 04-12-2016, 09:49 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
I get the feeling that W&K visiting with this Trust that has the welfare of so many children on the streets has affected them quite deeply. This is a prime cause that both the Cambridges are very much involved with especially with the mental health issues.

Until this event, I hadn't realize how many thousands of children lived on the streets alone escaping from horrors no child should ever have to face.
I have no doubt in my mind that the couple was left very affected after this engagement. Their involvement with children's mental health is a great asset and I hope they will be able to help make these children's lives just a little bit better. I have a feeling that spending some time with a prince and a princess uplifted many children's spirits. William and Catherine are amazing when interacting with children and people in general and the images show exactly that.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 04-12-2016, 10:48 AM
Heir Apparent

A great 5 min video from this morning

https://source-news.s3.amazonaws.com...7BoiAtcgQg8%3D
Old 04-12-2016, 12:14 PM
Majesty

Airport shots of staff Sophie Agnew, Natasha Archer, and Amanda Cook bring off luggage
https://twitter.com/Gertsroyals/stat...12355207979008
video
https://twitter.com/LouisaJamesITV/s...13749214322688

very nice picture of Kate working with the kids
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cf2QQxSUYAAlOiY.jpg

the picture Kate drew of her house
https://twitter.com/Gertsroyals/stat...34103131074560
Old 04-12-2016, 12:26 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Thank you! So they have a reception in the evening right?

I'm so pleased to hear that they met with Women's Rights Advocates in India. The current issues regarding women in India are sensitive matters, these women need protection and recognition! So nice of them to meet them and promote women's rights.
I agree and this is also an issue that Camilla has been championing at home in the UK and around the world.
Old 04-12-2016, 01:13 PM
Majesty

kate seems like such an authentic person. i don't see a trace of 'kate the princess', but just kate in her most authentic state, when i watch those videos. she is unassuming, humble and genuinely seems to care about the people who she speaks to.

good sartorial choices in that she chose demure, leg covering dresses to visit conservative india.

wow - i am surprised about a couple of things:

i am surprised to see kate's staff themselves always carrying luggage around. i would have thought someone else did the unloading for them. maybe they just carried what they needed for the first day?

i also got surprised to see that kate's assistant, rebecca, has an assistant of her own, sophie. i wonder how tasks are delegated between them two... sophie is always seen on tour with the cambridges, so my guess is that she is a more junior assistant to kate, really?
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 04-12-2016, 02:20 PM
Heir Apparent

Why would they want strangers handling the Royal luggage? It would be a security risk. Say Natasha is carrying a box with £10K of jewelry in it, it not leaving her sight. Remember Canada and the bomb sifting dogs with the luggage on the Tarmac in Calgary.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
Old 04-12-2016, 04:01 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by carlota View Post
i am surprised to see kate's staff themselves always carrying luggage around. i would have thought someone else did the unloading for them. maybe they just carried what they needed for the first day?

i also got surprised to see that kate's assistant, rebecca, has an assistant of her own, sophie. i wonder how tasks are delegated between them two... sophie is always seen on tour with the cambridges, so my guess is that she is a more junior assistant to kate, really?
I think the reason would be that this is a week long tour and a very hectic one at that. Even with the overloaded schedule that W&K have, their staff cannot work 24/7 and have hours off and I would imagine Rebecca and Sophie share the workload. To be personally responsible for a person and their belongings and whatever else is involved can be quite stressful and they need time to breathe.

Handling the royal couple's belongings themselves assure them that nothing is amiss and everything is in place. I also agree with the point that someone else handling the luggage can be a security risk. They probably check and double check to make sure they have everything.
Old 04-12-2016, 10:44 PM
Imperial Majesty

This has been an amazing tour so far. William & Catherine not only appear to be enjoying themselves, but everyone has welcomed them with open arms. They are doing an amazing job.

A.W. TOZER
Old 04-13-2016, 01:03 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
I think the reason would be that this is a week long tour and a very hectic one at that. Even with the overloaded schedule that W&K have, their staff cannot work 24/7 and have hours off and I would imagine Rebecca and Sophie share the workload. To be personally responsible for a person and their belongings and whatever else is involved can be quite stressful and they need time to breathe.

Handling the royal couple's belongings themselves assure them that nothing is amiss and everything is in place. I also agree with the point that someone else handling the luggage can be a security risk. They probably check and double check to make sure they have everything.

Rebecca and Miguel are with William and Kate while they are doing their engagements. So they aren't lugging the bags behind the scenes. The pictures show that most of what they where carrying was William's. There is a W on the suit bag that Sophie is carrying.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
Old 04-13-2016, 02:33 AM
Heir Apparent

Video of the couple spotting a rhino on a trip through the park

Watch: Prince William and Kate Middleton spot rhino on their Kaziranga National Park ride! | Latest News & Gossip on Popular Trends at India.com

http://www.gettyimages.ca/photos/kat...udenudity=true
Old 04-13-2016, 04:34 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

parts of british media are not happy with the sugary coverage while brushing the brutal colonial history between the two countries under the carpet
Prince William and Kate Middleton's India trip: No amount of fawning media coverage can cover up these sordid facts | Voices | The Independent