The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 03-17-2019, 05:45 PM
Heir Apparent

I like the pictures of Catherine with the Irish wolfhound mascot. She is on very friendly terms with the dog.

Old 03-17-2019, 06:01 PM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Its gotten to the point where its not officially St. Patrick's Day until the Cambridges visit the Irish Guard. That Irish wolfhound named Domhnal really is a beautiful animal. Wonder if he drinks Guinness?

BTW: just saw recently that one can buy a beer for dogs. Non-alcoholic of course.

No law can be sacred to me but that of my nature. Good and bad are but names very readily transferable to that or this; the only right is what is after my constitution, the only wrong what is against it.

~~~Ralph Waldo Emerson~~~
Old 03-17-2019, 06:22 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

I cannot abide Guinness or any type of stout ,wonder if the duke and duchess actually like the stuff

6th of April 1199,Death of Richard the Lionheart
Old 03-17-2019, 06:35 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
Its gotten to the point where its not officially St. Patrick's Day until the Cambridges visit the Irish Guard. That Irish wolfhound named Domhnal really is a beautiful animal. Wonder if he drinks Guinness?

BTW: just saw recently that one can buy a beer for dogs. Non-alcoholic of course.

I wonder if this will be the last year we see Domnhall. There was a call last year for him to be retired. He has hip problems and prostate issues before. It was quite the campaign last year by some for his retirement. The seven year old has been the mascot since 2013. He is the 16th Irish wolf hound to have the position.

https://www.irishcentral.com/news/ir...hound-domhnall

Actually beer is said by some to be good for dogs. Guiness I have heard reported to be good for heart warm in dogs.

Quote:
I cannot abide Guinness or any type of stout ,wonder if the duke and duchess actually like the stuff
I agree, never been a fan. I would take a mug of Kilkenny any day of week.

Not much of a drinker, usually only when I travel. But always loved a good Irish pub.
Old 03-17-2019, 06:36 PM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
According to my mother, Guinness is an acquired taste. The two of us went to an Irish bar and I ordered two pints of Guinness and upon taking her first sip, she exclaimed (quite loudly) "Oh my God... this stuff'll give you diarrhea!" The bar laughed at that one.

In the US, ordering a "black and tan" is mix of Guinness and Bass Ale. Just recently discovered they're also called an "Irish car bomb". I've been off the streets and out of the bars too long.
No law can be sacred to me but that of my nature. Good and bad are but names very readily transferable to that or this; the only right is what is after my constitution, the only wrong what is against it.

~~~Ralph Waldo Emerson~~~
Old Today, 09:22 AM
Majesty

A message from The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge to the people of Sri Lanka

https://www.royal.uk/message-duke-an...ople-sri-lanka
Old Today, 12:26 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
According to my mother, Guinness is an acquired taste. The two of us went to an Irish bar and I ordered two pints of Guinness and upon taking her first sip, she exclaimed (quite loudly) "Oh my God... this stuff'll give you diarrhea!" The bar laughed at that one.

In the US, ordering a "black and tan" is mix of Guinness and Bass Ale. Just recently discovered they're also called an "Irish car bomb". I've been off the streets and out of the bars too long.
Until fairly recently in Ireland (maybe 20 years ago??), Guinness was prescribed to patients in hospital who were recovering from surgery! 1 bottle at night, due to the presumed high levels of iron

Tags
duchess of cambridge, duke of cambridge