Duke and Duchess of Cambridge Current Events 7: September 2016-September 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The future Prince and Princess of Wales, are going to Wales next week.

It's really nice to see them going to place that aren't capital cities or big draw places.

It is. Especially since they are a big draw. They’ll bring attention to the place/organization.

William and Catherine have really hit the ground running in 2020. And- that’s just based on the public side of what they do.

Haven't they been to Wales before? I can't remember!

LaRae

Yes they've visited before on a few occasions for their official visits including one time during their engagement.?

The future Prince and Princess of Wales, are going to Wales next week.

It's really nice to see them going to place that aren't capital cities or big draw places.

I'm looking forward to this visit! These kinds of engagements are not glitzy, but are crucially important to staying connected to the people the royal family serve.

They've been to Wales many times.

Port Talbot's a very industrial area which has had problems in recent years because of economic issues in the steel industry, and the Mumbles is a seaside area. Visiting a steelworks probably isn't the most glamorous of days out, and even the seaside isn't that great at this time of year when it's cold and windy, but it's important for the Royal Family to go to places which *aren't* glamorous. William and Kate do such a brilliant job.

It is. Especially since they are a big draw. They’ll bring attention to the place/organization.

William and Catherine have really hit the ground running in 2020. And- that’s just based on the public side of what they do.

I love it. They're stepping up their game from an already high level....at a time when the Queen and his father really need them.

I refuse to watch the Crown, but in skimming over a review of this past season, I saw it referenced that Charles has a deep personal connection to Wales; it seems that perhaps he's passed that on to his son and daughter-in-law.

I refuse to watch the Crown, but in skimming over a review of this past season, I saw it referenced that Charles has a deep personal connection to Wales; it seems that perhaps he's passed that on to his son and daughter-in-law.

William & Catherine lived in Wales (Anglesey) for 3 years when William worked as an RAF helicopter pilot at RAF Valley. They have a personal connection of their own.

William & Catherine lived in Wales (Anglesey) for 3 years when William worked as an RAF helicopter pilot at RAF Valley. They have a personal connection of their own.

Oh, I didn't know that....thanks!

Oh, I didn't know that....thanks!
You're welcome Betsy - it's quite understandable that people outside of the UK wouldn't know that Anglesey is in Wales. :flowers:

Where they're going tomorrow is in south Wales (Anglesey is north) & there is a bit of north/south divide in Wales due to its history & culture so people in south Wales will be pleased to see them in Port Talbot & along the coast to Mumbles.

Last edited:
You're welcome Betsy - it's quite understandable that people outside of the UK wouldn't know that Anglesey is in Wales. :flowers:

Where they're going tomorrow is in south Wales (Anglesey is north) & there is a bit of north/south divide in Wales due to its history & culture so people in south Wales will be pleased to see them in Port Talbot & along the coast to Mumbles.

LOL thanks to having watched a few Wales-set episodes of Escape to the Country, lol, I know that Anglesey is in Wales However, I don't know much about it - or Wales, to be honest; it’s gorgeous (I admit my travels and focus re: UK have been about England and Scotland)

That's a great thing that they are visiting an area that seems like it could use a bit of a boost..

TRH The Duke and Duchess on their visit to the RNLI’s Mumbles lifeboat station earlier today.

TRH even stopped for ice-cream!

SO, so proud of them.. we are incredibly lucky in them both.

:previous: The Cambridges are a real asset to the BRF and the UK. We are lucky to have them indeed!

The Duke seemed to really enjoy his chocolate ice cream,it was a wonderful visit to watch.

There are a lot of people on social media who are coining a new phrase for Catherine, The Children's Princess.

Plus some gifts for George, Charlotte and Louis today:

Awww, that is the sweetest nickname......and really appropriate.

The Duke seemed to really enjoy his chocolate ice cream,it was a wonderful visit to watch.

Ice cream is such a leveler..........I mean, who doesn't love it? The kids are so adorable, and William and Kate are such naturals...

I'm really looking forward to their joint engagement with Charles and Camilla next week; I just enjoy seeing them together.....

https://www.hellomagazine.com/royal...ngagement-prince-charles-duchess-of-cornwall/

Last edited by a moderator:
So, I completely agree with the sentiment that they are, indeed, an incredibly valuable asset to the RF and the monarchy as an institution. I also agree that they're an incredibly genuine and lovely couple. But, can we talk for just a minute about William's reported comments in answer to a fan telling him that Charlotte is their favorite? That reply that Charlotte is lovely just like his wife? I mean, can it really get any sweeter?! Talk about a massive "awwwwww" moment. :flowers:

Court Circular 4th February:
Kensington Palace

The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge this morning visited the Royal National Lifeboat Institution, Mumbles Pier, Mumbles, and were received by Her Majesty’s Lord-Lieutenant of West Glamorgan (Mr Byron Lewis).

Their Royal Highnesses later visited Joe’s Ice Cream Parlour, 526 Mumbles Road, Mumbles.

The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge this afternoon visited Tata Steel, Tata Steel Strip Products UK, Port Talbot Works, Port Talbot, West Glamorgan.

Their Royal Highnesses afterwards visited Bulldogs Boxing, Fenbrook Close, Port Talbot.

TRH The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge visit the London Ambulance Service in Croydon.

a very timely visit. with most british royals being old and in the groups of risk (queen, charles, anne), W&K are among the only ones remaining to visit the different parts of society at these trying times (specially now that H&M and andrew are out of action) - well done to them as i am sure this is going a long way in boosting morale of key staff.

There are five working royals who can make visits etc - William, Catherine, Edward, Sophie and Anne. All the others are over 70.

Thank you for sharing. Good to see the work of the emergency operators being highlighted now.

There are five working royals who can make visits etc - William, Catherine, Edward, Sophie and Anne. All the others are over 70.

True, but Anne is right on the cusp...However, who would volunteer to tell her she has to stay home?

Perfect time for a visit and lifts spirit of people in front lines of this crisis.

Perfect time for a visit and lifts spirit of people in front lines of this crisis.

I think so too. As we hear of concerns for HM and Philip, Charles and Camilla and pretty much see them sheltering in place for the time being, seeing William and Catherine doing engagements as usual sends a powerful picture that will serve to alleviate any fears and that the younger generations are more able to sustain health during these times and fight the infection rather than promote mass panic and fear that not seeing *any* royal at work would cause.

Drawing attention to those that *are* in the front lines and are working tirelessly during this pandemic is also to be applauded. These are the people that are depended on should someone need them. The unsung heroes of this crisis. ?

A lovely idea for a visit; particularly at this uncertain time. The Cambridges care a lot about the public and it shows from visits such as this one, which I'm sure was greatly welcomed by the ambulance team!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom