Duke and Duchess of Cambridge Current Events 6: January 2014 - September 2016

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
One thing struck me in the DM article. William was chatting to one of the heli pilots about flying and Will stated that he 'really missed it.' Has William left his job with the EAAS since Christmas? When did his contract start with them, does anyone know?

One thing struck me in the DM article. William was chatting to one of the heli pilots about flying and Will stated that he 'really missed it.' Has William left his job with the EAAS since Christmas? When did his contract start with them, does anyone know?
I noticed that as well. But I think it might be that he was talking to the person near the helicopter style he learned to fly in, so maybe he was missing that kind of helicopter? Or because as far as we know he's flying way less nowdays (not fulltime) so it becomes less flying?

So I heard on TV that your ear defenders/ear muffs were Australian-made young George.

And I can see only Oz stockists on the company website.

Did Mum and Dad get them on the internet and then you got a parcel in the post?

(Australia also noticed your thumbs-up while in the Australian "Hercules" aircraft.)

I think the ear defenders were part of a goodie bag for children at the air show? I think I read that somewhere.

I think the ear defenders were part of a goodie bag for children at the air show? I think I read that somewhere.

Maybe that's how George got them Petticoat Lane - the Australian company supplied them that way.

"Banz Baby" has a photo of Catherine and George on their website showing the pair he is wearing.

It was a very special treat to see George out and about with his parents. The noise may have been a little too much at times, but he enjoyed himself. I notice George also like smiling and waving to the crowds. He gave people a royal thumbs-up whenever he could.

I've always said there's nothing wrong with George accompanying his parents to family and kid friendly engagements whenever possible. The media wouldn't scare him off or harm him.

If so, they were given them beforehand.

William walked over to Rebecca and she pulled them out of one of the two bags she had. (It happens at 2:38 of this video: Prince George accompanies Kate Middleton to Royal International Air Tattoo | Daily Mail Online)

The piggie bank was given directly to him by one of the air cadets: https://twitter.com/aircadets/status/751403038657613825

I always hear how Charlotte looks like Her Majesty although IMO she looks a lot like Catherine's mother, Carol. But I prefer to wait until Charlotte's second birthday to decide what is my opinion.

William even in toddlerhood had a thin long face when his son has it more wide and rounded. And it doesn't resemble Charles's face too (maybe for the better) But Charles's ears are bit like his grandchild's)))

Now I'm going to have to take a look at those ears again. William even when young and chubby (love baby fat) did have an oval face while Georges is more rounded. I've seen one pic of Kate as a toddler and she had that round face as well. You know the kids resemble their father or maternal grand parents but not so much Kate herself.

Kensington Palace ‏@KensingtonRoyal 50s50 seconds ago
The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge are looking forward to attending today's Wimbledon men's final - it's been a great fortnight of tennis

The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge head a star-studded Centre Court crowd as British hope Andy Murray serves for his second Wimbledon crown.

The Royals are expected to be joined by Prime Minister David Cameron, Scotland First Minister Nicola Sturgeon and Hollywood stars Benedict Cumberbatch and Bradley Cooper in the Royal Box.

Full-scale "Murraymania" gripped the All England Club on Sunday as fans queued in drizzling rain from the early hours in the hope of securing tickets. Murray, the world No. 2, faces big-serving Milos Raonic in the men's singles final and has warned his Canadian opponent he would be "ruthless" in his quest for a third Grand Slam.
Read more: Duke and Duchess of Cambridge among stars to watch Andy Murray at Wimbledon final

William in an unusually natty jacket too.. *more of that please*..

I'm looking forward to when Catherine gain her official role at Wimbledon and present the trophies in the future.

Andy Murray has the royal seal of approval on his Wimbledon victory after he was congratulated by the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge.

Kate, who had been watching from the royal box, told him: "Many congratulations, it was a great game."

William said: "So pleased for you, well done," and Kate added: "You can relax with your family now."
Murray congratulated by the Duke and Duchess - ITV News

William's been looking very sharp lately, without feeling the need to wear bright red or blue trousers like some other royal men (seriously, how silly do they look?).

I'm looking forward to when Catherine gain her official role at Wimbledon and present the trophies in the future.

I'm looking forward to The Duke of Kent continuing tradition.

Why wish for a hard working Royal to be passed over for someone that likes the sport?

I'm looking forward to The Duke of Kent continuing tradition.

Why wish for a hard working Royal to be passed over for someone that likes the sport?

it's not like Dman said it starts tomorrow. just "in the future". Nobody's being passed over.

William in an unusually natty jacket too.. *more of that please*..

Sorry, what do you mean by "natty"? the definition I know doesn't quite fit with how his jacket looks, so I'm confused.

I don't see Kate taking on the patronage until the Duke of Kent dies. He is a great lover of the game and a constant presence at the tournament on numerous days. Like the Duchess of Gloucester who has a role with the LTA and with Kate and William attending tennis games it is great to see the sport being promoted by the royals for many years to come.

A joyous Andy Murray joked with the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge about the "lucky omen" that boosted him to Wimbledon victory - his baby daughter slept through for three nights' running.

Murray, whose daughter Sophia Olivia was born in February, was congratulated by William and Kate on his second All England Club title with moments of leaving a packed Centre Court.
Red more: Andy Murray jokes with Duke of Cambridge about 'lucky omen' which helped land second Wimbledon title

I don't see Kate taking on the patronage until the Duke of Kent dies. He is a great lover of the game and a constant presence at the tournament on numerous days. Like the Duchess of Gloucester who has a role with the LTA and with Kate and William attending tennis games it is great to see the sport being promoted by the royals for many years to come.
I kind of agree. I think if the rumors are true that Kate will take over as a patron and maybe when the Duke dies that she will absorb both these role into some kind of new role?

Seeing as the Duke of Kent has always enjoyed this patronage, I would think that knowing that the Cambridges, especially Kate, have a keen interest in the sport and the patronage would be a kind of a security blanket for him. As we get older, we do tend to think more and more of how things will be taken care of should we not be able to do them anymore and knowing he has backup in the wings has to be a good feeling.

I'm seeing this backup kind of thing more and more as a pattern in the BRF. Transition and continuity where no matter what happens, the gears in the machine of the monarchy are well oiled to keep running smoothly. :D

The Duke of Kent is president. The Queen is Patron. It's entirely possible (and probable, imo) The Queen will pass the patronage to the Duchess of Cambridge and leave the Duke of Kent as president. Best of both worlds

Last edited:
Kensington Palace ‏@KensingtonRoyal 50s50 seconds ago
The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge are looking forward to attending today's Wimbledon men's final - it's been a great fortnight of tennis

Photos from PPE

PPE Agency

Kensington Palace @KensingtonRoyal
The Duchess, Patron @1851Trust, and The Duke return to Portsmouth on 24th July for the city's 2nd @acwspmth event
https://twitter.com/KensingtonRoyal/status/752452029553971200

Kensington Palace @KensingtonRoyal
TRHs will visit @LandRoverBAR’s Portsmouth base to see the team’s progress with their state of the art testing boats
https://twitter.com/KensingtonRoyal/status/752452619910742016

Kensington Palace ‏@KensingtonRoyal
The Duke and Duchess will also visit the @acwspmth Race Village to meet the @americascup teams and young people involved with @1851Trust

Hopefully it won't be a wash out like last year's trip. ⛵

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

I hope we see a few more engagements before the summer break.

The Louis Vuitton America’s Cup World Series Portsmouth will welcome two very special visitors on Sunday July 24th July, when The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge join spectators to watch the action on the final day of the event.

The Duchess of Cambridge, Royal Patron of ‘The 1851 Trust’ the official charity of the Louis Vuitton America’s Cup World Series Portsmouth, accompanied by The Duke of Cambridge will visit British team Land Rover BAR’s base in Portsmouth to see their state of the art testing boats and meet the staff driving the advanced design and technology behind the team. They will then watch the teams from USA, France, New Zealand, Japan, Sweden and the British team compete in three thrilling races on the Solent, alongside the thousands of fans watching from the Race Village.
Read more: The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge to show their support during the Louis Vuitton America’s Cup World Series Portsmouth 2016 - America's Cup World Series Portsmouth

Nice picture of the Cambridge's during their recent engagement at airshow-
World of Windsor

Nice how George already know waving to the crowds of people is important.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom