Duke and Duchess of Cambridge Current Events 6: January 2014 - September 2016

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Definitely would have been announced by now. Maybe a fall tour for the Cambridges but not 2 spring tours. Would not go to the Caribbean in the fall since that's hurricane season. I don't think the Middletons went to Mustique in Oct/Nov like the Mail said they would.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

Yes, that so-called fall holiday to Mustique was contingent on the Cambridges being busy touring the Caribbean in January.

Looks like this can be added to Katie Nicholl's Book of Lies, Volume 500.

Last edited:
I believe given the criticism meted out that The Cambridges are going to be seen alot more next year.

I believe given the criticism meted out that The Cambridges are going to be seen alot more next year.

I would imagine that most events and engagements and "biggies" are already on the calender for the coming year and criticism will have played no part in it whatsoever. I would be very surprised if any negative press would bother tham at all.

But that's just me. :D

I would imagine that most events and engagements and "biggies" are already on the calender for the coming year and criticism will have played no part in it whatsoever. I would be very surprised if any negative press would bother tham at all.

My sentiments exactly.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

Completely agree with you, the BRF does not give a hoot about the so called schedule that the DF puts out for the royal family to follow. The BRF does their own thing all the time as they should:ROFLMAO:

A teenager who shared her experience of mental health problems with William and Kate has said they are raising more positive awareness “than anyone else could” over young people’s mental health.

Nikki Mattocks, who met Kate and William in October at Harrow College, said they gave her “so much more than just an hour” and have made people sit up and pay attention to the struggle.

She said young people she knows now feel more confident talking to their families about mental health after the royal couple showed there shouldn’t be any stigma attached to the problems.

And Nikki, 18, believes their approach of making this a continued charitable focus for 2016 will have a lasting effect.
Read more: Kate Middleton and Prince William gave teen "so much more than just an hour" during mental health visit - Mirror Online

Rebecca English ‏@RE_DailyMail
The Duke & Duchess of Cambridge will return to Royal Air Force Valley on Feb 18 to attend the Search and Rescue Force Disbandment Parade.

Rebecca English ‏@RE_DailyMail
The service honours the end of more than 75 years of Royal Air Force (RAF) SAR UK operations. William, of course, a former SAR pilot

Very nice. This will be William's version of watching the HMY Britannia decommissioned.

The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge will return to Anglesey next week to see the formal end of search and rescue operations at RAF Valley.

The couple will visit the base to attend the Search and Rescue (SAR) Force Disbandment Parade on February 18, which will honour the end of more than 75 years of RAF SAR UK operations.

Events will commemorate the RAF SAR Force’s exemplary service since its inception, and enable SAR members and their families to pay tribute to the Force’s achievements.

The Duke and Duchess lived on Anglesey for three years when Prince William, as Flight Lieutenant Wales, was an SAR pilot flying the now-retired Sea King helicopter.

During this time, HRH undertook 156 operations and rescued 149 people.
Read more: William and Kate to return to Anglesey to say farewell to search and rescue - Daily Post

But why would the palace want to restrict media members even more?

But why would the palace want to restrict media members even more?

IMHO I don't think they (KP) are doing it deliberately, I think it's just a case of logistics with a lot of these things and then RP throws his toys out of the pram and makes it out to be that KP are being anti-media.

IMHO I don't think they (KP) are doing it deliberately, I think it's just a case of logistics with a lot of these things and then RP throws his toys out of the pram and makes it out to be that KP are being anti-media.

But this is not the first time the media complain about the matter... And it hasn't been only Palmer as far as I know!

But this is not the first time the media complain about the matter... And it hasn't been only Palmer as far as I know!
I kind of don't get why they're complaining though. It would be one thing if the photographers there get an exclusive. But isn't all pictures shared with the PA in the case of few reporters? And they allow some local papers to report instead which sounds like supporting local news sources.

Palmer was also hinting on Twitter yesterday that he has a big royal story coming out soon. I imagine it's a lot of hot air.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

I hope its an actual story and not something swiped from tumblr or an RD poster's fan fiction (looking at you Emily Andrews)

The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge have returned to the RAF base where he worked as a search and rescue pilot.

Prince William and Catherine are visiting RAF Valley on Anglesey to mark the end of RAF Search and Rescue (SAR) Force operations after 75 years.

The duke, who was known as Flt Lt Wales, was based on the island from 2010 to 2013.

A disbandment parade was held to formally commemorate the end of 75 years of service on Thursday.
Read more: Duke and Duchess of Cambridge visit RAF Valley, Anglesey - BBC News

Anglesey 18 February Pictures And Photos | Getty Images

Last edited:
Richard has been one of the biggest disappoinments. He used to be so reliable and I used to take his critique seriously as he came across as unbiased. That has changed over the passed few years.

He himself said they were told the hanger where the event was didnt have enough space to house the media. This was a very important day for RAF members & their families, thus they were rightly given priority to space.

Dont get me wrong, the KP press office needs to work on their media relations but the media for some weird reason choose to make noise on restrictions that seem to make sense and keep quite on the other times when they are justified to complain

It was an end of an important era for the RAF, the people who worked there deserved the space, not the media

stupid question i guess why was william in a suit and not his RAF uniform? is it because he is no longer with the RAF?

stupid question i guess why was william in a suit and not his RAF uniform? is it because he is no longer with the RAF?
This was an engagement as a royal, rather than as a member of the RAF

He still is, just not active service. Like other senior royals, he holds a rank in several armed forces. He also holds ranks in the navy and is a regular commissioned member of the blues and royals.

He was promoted last month from flight lieutenant to squadron leader in the RAF so I find it even odder he wouldn't be wearing an uniform.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom