Duke and Duchess of Cambridge Current Events 6: January 2014 - September 2016

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sorry, I thought it was official... It seems strange indeed

Me neither. I could understand if there is confusion because of the use of Kensington Palace.

Plus these rumours spread just an hour ago or so! It seems the source was hello! magazine:ermm:

I guess you're right cepe!

more tweets:
British Royals ‏@britishroyals 40 min40 minuti fa
NO confirmation that Will&Kate are hosting BAFTA party tonight (likely just a rumour).However the event will take place at Kensington Palace

What Would Kate Do ‏@WWKD_Official 43 min43 minuti fa

Sadly, we do not expect to see pictures. It seems to be a very private event.

Last edited by a moderator:
Could be, but probably not. They wouldn't throw a private event if they were at home. If they did something with BAFTA they would be at the main event. Or that seems more realistic. But would be funny if they come home tonight and run into some celebs in the driveway :p

Considering William is President of BAFTA, and this is at KP, I can understand how people would assume they'd be at this event. Still...If true, you'd think there would have been a prior announcement about it.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

Duke and Duchess of Cambridge Current Events 6: 1 January 2014

The State Rooms of KP are available to rent out through the Historical Royal Palaces people. The HRP runs the public section of KP, the Tower of London, Hampton Court and a few more other places. Maybe the BAFTAS got a discount with William as their President.

I do think we would have gotten an announcement if they were going beforehand especially now the KP has it own Twitter account

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

This is very unusual, then, if William doesn't attend. :ermm: Just now I saw an ad for the 2015 Bafta Awards Show on a local PBS station, with Prince William as one of the speakers/presenters being touted, due to air tomorrow night (Sunday). How embarrassing if William doesn't actually show up because he scheduled to be on holiday in Mustique. :cool: Oooops!

Too bad there is no confirmation but keeping high hopes that it's a last minute appearance.

Usually, it's announced that William will attend the BAFTA's ceremony a bit in advanced. Then again, although he's President, he don't always attend.

I think we thought they were going last year but they didn't

I think they're still in Mustique since the reported date of their return was said to be February 9th, that is, tommorow... At this point some piece of news or info would have already come out if at least William was there...

Last edited:
Kate isn't involved with the BAFTAs and William doesn't attend every year anyway. He was at the awards show last year so I don't expect an appearance this year.

Kate has gone to a Bafta event before- the black tie event in LA was a Bafta event. She also has gone to multiple Tusk events so her going along on William's events is possible.

However, last year it was announced before that William was attending to present Helen Mirren her fellowship so without an announcement I don't think he will be there.

The Baftas air on BBC America not PBS in the US. My local PBS has Downton Abbey on tonight. The commercial would have shots from last year's award where William was present.

The Baftas air on BBC America not PBS in the US. My local PBS has Downton Abbey on tonight. The commercial would have shots from last year's award where William was present.

Yes, you are right! :flowers: It wasn't PBS. (I can't always keep those stations straight). It definitely was showing a previous year's BAFTA awards ceremony, with William, and the voice over saying that on Sunday night the 2015 BAFTA's would air with Stephen Fry as host and Prince William as (whatever - can't recall), maybe presenter.

Unless the event at KP Saturday night was not the BAFTA awards being taped for Sunday night, then it means another ceremony was taped at another time and William was present. I guess we'll see, or learn of it. I won't be watching the BAFTA's. I was just curious about the apparent disjunct. That's why I posted on the topic. :flowers:

Yes, you are right! :flowers: It wasn't PBS. (I can't always keep those stations straight). It definitely was showing a previous year's BAFTA awards ceremony, with William, and the voice over saying that on Sunday night the 2015 BAFTA's would air with Stephen Fry as host and Prince William as (whatever - can't recall), maybe presenter.

Unless the event at KP Saturday night was not the BAFTA awards being taped for Sunday night, then it means another ceremony was taped at another time and William was present. I guess we'll see, or learn of it. I won't be watching the BAFTA's. I was just curious about the apparent disjunct. That's why I posted on the topic. :flowers:
What, isn't the BAFTAs live? I didn't think it was pre-recorded.... Did they really say William would be there? Then, he probably will, right? And in that case, it's tonight.

The Baftas aren't aired live in the UK. It's on tape delay. The same thing in America. No announced attendance from Prince William this year from KP or BAFTA.

The Baftas aren't aired live in the UK. It's on tape delay. The same thing in America. No announced attendance from Prince William this year from KP or BAFTA.

Huh, I just assumed it was :p Don't know why. When is it usually taped?

It's today. They are live streaming the red carpet arrivals over the Internet starting at 5pm London time. It airs at 9pm UK time. BBC America airs it at 8pm US Eastern Time.

It's today. They are live streaming the red carpet arrivals over the Internet starting at 5pm London time. It airs at 9pm UK time. BBC America airs it at 8pm US Eastern Time.

Ok, I get it now :p It is today but doesn't air live. Now I'm up to date. I guess they could be there unannounced (one can always hope!), but I highly doubt it.

Ok, I get it now :p It is today but doesn't air live. Now I'm up to date. I guess they could be there unannounced (one can always hope!), but I highly doubt it.

Then it means that they were expected to attend, or William was expected to do so, otherwise they wouldn't have announced him as presiding at the 2015 Bafta's. I wonder how that level of miscommunication occurred? :sad:

It's a curiosity.

Then it means that they were expected to attend, or William was expected to do so, otherwise they wouldn't have announced him as presiding at the 2015 Bafta's. I wonder how that level of miscommunication occurred? :sad:

It's a curiosity.
That's weird... Could it be that only the people doing the commercial got it wrong? :p Or something... They wouldn't pull out last minute. And their trip wasn't last minute either.

I think William's contribution may have been taped based on this from the live BBC reporting
Bafta Film Awards 2015 - BBC News

"Dickie bow Posted at 20:27
Bafta paid tribute to film-maker Lord Attenborough, who died in August last year, with contributions from Prince William and Robert Downey Jr, who was nominated for an Oscar for his role as Chaplin in the Attenborough film of the same name."

Edited to add another link: http://www.itv.com/news/topic/richard-attenborough/

Last edited:
I think William's contribution may have been taped based on this from the live BBC reporting
Bafta Film Awards 2015 - BBC News

"Dickie bow Posted at 20:27
Bafta paid tribute to film-maker Lord Attenborough, who died in August last year, with contributions from Prince William and Robert Downey Jr, who was nominated for an Oscar for his role as Chaplin in the Attenborough film of the same name."

Mystery solved! :flowers: Amazing what one can get into on a weekend when one is ill and bed-bound. :p

Last edited:

It's a curiosity.

Who announced he was "presiding". He is the President but in the UK he was never slated to attend.

:previous:

YouTube links are set to automatically embed themselves. It is perfectly within the rules :)

Thanks for the video!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom