Duke and Duchess of Cambridge Current Events 6: January 2014 - September 2016

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Martin ‏@MartinRoyalUK 4m
The Cambridges definitely need to up their game post NZ-AUS - popularity is all very well but it could so quickly change if they don’t!

My opinion is that this is the first warm vacation and the first without their son since she was pregnant with him...so I say go and enjoy yourself...I think they have it right you are also a couple and should be allowed to have that time without feeling guilty.

Second, Phil Dampier on twitter made a good point..don't blow this out proportion..the queen left charles for six months...and I don't care if its for royal duties..that's not ok...I think the only legit excuse to leave your kid for 6 months is if your a soldier in the army.

And I highly doubt at the end of the day they care what people think of their vacation...some people on the internet just want an excuse to bitch and moan. People are making a bigger deal of it than it actually is...because you may see people complaining but, there are alot of people who don't care they went on vacation and think its appropriate that they went without George.

Last edited:
The Queen before she was Queen left Charles as a baby a lot not for royal duties but to be a naval wife to Philip when he was in Malta. Prince George wasn't dumped outside the gates of KP with a sign saying " We will be back in a week". He being taken care by his grandparents and the new nanny. It is not like the olden days where the child is given to the nanny and its parents spend a hour with it.

I full expect that the Cambridges have plenty of engagements lined up post tour and once the tour starts it will be forgotten. It is a relatively slow royal news time so people are making it a big deal. The DM runs a story quoting Internet posters. It is like the criticism they get for going to Mustique for Carole's birthday. Would people bitch if they went there for Mike's which is June 23? Probably not because there are a lot of royals events in June while the opposite is true in January.

Last edited by a moderator:
There will be no need to worry about that. The people of Australia and New Zealand will go crazy once the Cambridge's arrive.

Thats why they are taking him on the tour and leave him at home when heading for the Maldives :whistling:

Thats why they are taking him on the tour and leave him at home when heading for the Maldives :whistling:

My best guess is still that they want to acclimate George to them being away from him for extended periods of time. From experience, as a newborn, the parents are the inner circle of a child's world and it does take a bit of planning to get the little one used to not having mommy or daddy at beck and call. The age George is now is about right to start expanding his trusted inner circle to include gramma and grampa and and uncles and aunts more. One of my kids went ballistic for a while if anyone other than his grandmother or his parents even tried to hold him and it took a while to get him to totally accept other people as caretakers.

It also gives William and Kate some quality alone time with just the two of them and nothing else to focus on other than being together. It might seem that when they're at home that they've got oodles of time to be together but there's a new family member now demanding attention, lots of adjustments to make and plan for as far as their future and demands on their individual time. This week away will let them be refreshed and ready for the big tour coming up.

That's my 2 cents worth.

Look at if they didn't leave him. Kate has been only away from George for a few hours at the most. Now you are putting him on a plane flying 25 hours to far side of the world. Putting him a strange place and his parents leaving him for most of the day.

Why not let him get use to his parents not being there 24/7 and the new nanny in a familiar place.

One thing is certain W&K will miss their baby George very much. Much more than they expected probably. I think it will be harder on W&K than on the baby, who will be surrounded by doting family.

Kate could also be using the time away to do a final weaning from George if she has been gradually reducing his nursing time. :)

"Hello" Magazine Has W & C On Cover In Maldives...

..., but like last week's cover of the Duchess in front of Sydney's Opera House, not an actual photo.

"World Exclusive" according to cover.

Don't know why they put a photo of William on the beach, but wearing a suit.

(Perhaps the lack of a tie is all it takes to look like you're on holiday :lol:.)

I love "Hello" - I should buy it sometime.

Cheers, Sun Lion.

P.S. I've seen some reports saying the Duchess's parents have joined W and C - and little PG has been spotted back in London with his new nanny.

Last edited:
Look at if they didn't leave him. Kate has been only away from George for a few hours at the most. Now you are putting him on a plane flying 25 hours to far side of the world. Putting him a strange place and his parents leaving him for most of the day.

Why not let him get use to his parents not being there 24/7 and the new nanny in a familiar place.

I agree.

I honestly don't understand why leaving an 8 month old for a week is that big of a deal. I have never heard or read of a case where an infant's parents left him for a vacation and he/she ended up scarred for life. What am I missing here?:sad:

I agree.

I honestly don't understand why leaving an 8 month old for a week is that big of a deal. I have never heard or read of a case where an infant's parents left him for a vacation and he/she ended up scarred for life. What am I missing here?:sad:

The need to sell newspapers and or get hits on your website

The big deal with George being left has to do with the timing & place.

They will be going to Australia next month and the Maldives is halfway there. They could have stopped at the Maldives on the way to Australia.

It is not so much George was left alone as the distance & the timing.

Rebecca English ‏@RE_DailyMail
US sites claiming that Middletons on hol with William and Kate. As I revealed last week, they are looking after Prince George in Bucklebury

Rebecca English ‏@RE_DailyMail
I expect William & Kate to leave the Maldives today as the Prince is due to resume his studies in Cambridge by the end of the week....

The big deal with George being left has to do with the timing & place.

They will be going to Australia next month and the Maldives is halfway there. They could have stopped at the Maldives on the way to Australia.

It is not so much George was left alone as the distance & the timing.

So what if the Maldives are half way there? They are flying on commercial airliners. Why can't they have a privately funded holiday independent of an important work trip?

Princess Mary of Denmark shows off slim figure in bikini on the beach | Mail Online

How come nobody is complaining that Fred and MAry are in Mauritus, having been on a skiing break not that long ago? Why is it that when William has his first break with his wife, he is criticised.

its not true, there is even a separate thread about frederik being workshy / not ready for the big job. of course with william, the brf being the most famous rf in the world, his actions interest a lot more people that the danish rf. besides, m&f took all of the children, so the discussion of vacation alone did not occurr in this case.

I don't pay for the Danish royals with my taxes so they can do what they want as far as I am concerned.

You posted the link in the wrong thread. It's the British royals that people like to criticize the most. The other European royals can relax more and do what they want.

Muriel posted it where it was intended. European royals are criticised just as often as William and Catherine and equally by the danish, dutch, swedish and norwegian etc taxpayer as I criticise William and Catherine. However as mentioned thousands of times before you cannot compare William and Catherine to the current european heirs.

Muriel posted it where it was intended. European royals are criticised just as often as William and Catherine and equally by the danish, dutch, swedish and norwegian etc taxpayer as I criticise William and Catherine. However as mentioned thousands of times before you cannot compare William and Catherine to the current european heirs.
Exactly right lumutqueen. Depending upon which website you visit nearly all of the heirs are criticized. (Felipe/Letizia are typically not criticized due to their very busy schedule.) Guillaume and Stephanie as the newest CP couple are not immune from this either.

I'm sorry, I just don't think the other European royals get it the way the British royals get it.

Also, I'm not comparing William & Catherine to the other heirs in the way you may be thinking. The others royals go on vacation, it's a nice thing. William & Catherine go on vacation, it's pretty much hell to tell the captain on the forums, Daily Mail, royal reporters and correspondents are getting a little uptight about it and there's even video reports about it.

The others royals go on vacation, it's a nice thing. William & Catherine go on vacation, it's pretty much hell to tell the captain on the forums, Daily Mail, royal reporters and correspondents are getting a little uptight about it and there's even video reports about it.

There is one HUGE difference between European royals and British royals that we are forgetting, there interaction with the press in their country. Have you seen what Danish, Norwegian, Swedish, Dutch, Belgian royals release to the press? Photoshoots, interviews, inside footage. The access they get is immense and that's why when practically ALL european royals go on holiday, whereever they go, they don't get harrassed because the press are satiated with what they get throughout the year.

The British press don't get that, they don't get photoshoots, they don't get interviews, the public don't know about their royal family. Some people might respond by saying that that's what makes them royal, we're not supposed to know everything, we're not supposed to get photoshoots every year but the BRF take that to the farest reaches and unreasonably so sometimes. I know William and Henry have had issues with the press and in some instances, rightly so. But they need to work out a deal, a compromise because personally for me, without the press coverage the royals get, without social media, royals would flop .

There is one HUGE difference between European royals and British royals that we are forgetting, there interaction with the press in their country. Have you seen what Danish, Norwegian, Swedish, Dutch, Belgian royals release to the press? Photoshoots, interviews, inside footage. The access they get is immense and that's why when practically ALL european royals go on holiday, whereever they go, they don't get harrassed because the press are satiated with what they get throughout the year.

The British press don't get that, they don't get photoshoots, they don't get interviews, the public don't know about their royal family. Some people might respond by saying that that's what makes them royal, we're not supposed to know everything, we're not supposed to get photoshoots every year but the BRF take that to the farest reaches and unreasonably so sometimes. I know William and Henry have had issues with the press and in some instances, rightly so. But they need to work out a deal, a compromise because personally for me, without the press coverage the royals get, without social media, royals would flop .

Lumutqueen, I have to agree with you there.

Muriel posted it where it was intended. European royals are criticised just as often as William and Catherine and equally by the danish, dutch, swedish and norwegian etc taxpayer as I criticise William and Catherine. However as mentioned thousands of times before you cannot compare William and Catherine to the current european heirs.[/QUOTE]

True. The European heirs who are second in line for the throne are mostly about 10 years old or younger.

You are correct about the difference between BRF and other Royals, and I take your point on working out a deal.

But there is a dilemma they face. When deals have been struck in the past - ie skiing photocalls or at Balmoral, it was on the basis that each side would benefit and generally it worked.

Today its different. The BRF could do a deal with the British media but the paps, european rag mags; US and Aus/NZ mags would just do their own thing. The BRF are Global and they cant negotiate a global press deal.

The situation at the moment is that the British press (generally) do hold back and want to maintain a good relationship with BRF. Good example were the beach pix last year of William and Kate. So the rest of the world sees the pictures and UK doesnt.

They can do all the things that the beloved Euro royals do, and they will still be hassled and papped wherever they go.

Maybe the new Head of BRF PR has a cunning plan ;)

Well the Dutch royals have strict press conduct rules for the press. If you break them you can expect to be sued and excluded from future photocalls. W-A and Max have sued to prevent past vacation photos taken in Argentina to not be published.

Maybe the new Head of BRF PR has a cunning plan ;)

It doesn't look like it to me.

I understand that the BRF are known worldwide, but it's at home where their image and appearance mean the most. It's not like the commonwealth is that fussed, but at home we are. It's not British Royal Family for nothing you know. :whistling::lol:

It doesn't look like it to me.

I understand that the BRF are known worldwide, but it's at home where their image and appearance mean the most. It's not like the commonwealth is that fussed, but at home we are. It's not British Royal Family for nothing you know. :whistling::lol:

Well, she's hardly started has she. Wonder if she was behind the Wessex pix. Maybe it will change. But William and Harry in particular need to sort themselves out - not all media are bad-hats; and if they want their charities supported then they need to work with the media

But a deal is a 2 way street - so there has to be a tangible benefit to the BRF - and maybe supporting their charities is the leverage.

William & Catherine will have to figure things out with the media attention because they know have George. The media will want to see them as a family. Although the couple just introduced the baby to the media at an reception last week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom