The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 03-11-2014, 02:01 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippyboo View Post
Look at if they didn't leave him. Kate has been only away from George for a few hours at the most. Now you are putting him on a plane flying 25 hours to far side of the world. Putting him a strange place and his parents leaving him for most of the day.

Why not let him get use to his parents not being there 24/7 and the new nanny in a familiar place.
I agree.

I honestly don't understand why leaving an 8 month old for a week is that big of a deal. I have never heard or read of a case where an infant's parents left him for a vacation and he/she ended up scarred for life. What am I missing here?

Old 03-11-2014, 02:03 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23 View Post
I agree.

I honestly don't understand why leaving an 8 month old for a week is that big of a deal. I have never heard or read of a case where an infant's parents left him for a vacation and he/she ended up scarred for life. What am I missing here?
The need to sell newspapers and or get hits on your website

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 03-11-2014, 03:14 AM
Royal Highness

The big deal with George being left has to do with the timing & place.

They will be going to Australia next month and the Maldives is halfway there. They could have stopped at the Maldives on the way to Australia.

It is not so much George was left alone as the distance & the timing.
Old 03-11-2014, 03:41 AM
Heir Apparent

Rebecca English ‏@RE_DailyMail
US sites claiming that Middletons on hol with William and Kate. As I revealed last week, they are looking after Prince George in Bucklebury

Rebecca English ‏@RE_DailyMail
I expect William & Kate to leave the Maldives today as the Prince is due to resume his studies in Cambridge by the end of the week....

Old 03-11-2014, 06:03 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen Camilla View Post
The big deal with George being left has to do with the timing & place.

They will be going to Australia next month and the Maldives is halfway there. They could have stopped at the Maldives on the way to Australia.

It is not so much George was left alone as the distance & the timing.
So what if the Maldives are half way there? They are flying on commercial airliners. Why can't they have a privately funded holiday independent of an important work trip?
Old 03-11-2014, 06:38 AM
Majesty

Princess Mary of Denmark shows off slim figure in bikini on the beach | Mail Online

How come nobody is complaining that Fred and MAry are in Mauritus, having been on a skiing break not that long ago? Why is it that when William has his first break with his wife, he is criticised.
Old 03-11-2014, 06:50 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
Princess Mary of Denmark shows off slim figure in bikini on the beach | Mail Online

How come nobody is complaining that Fred and MAry are in Mauritus, having been on a skiing break not that long ago? Why is it that when William has his first break with his wife, he is criticised.
its not true, there is even a separate thread about frederik being workshy / not ready for the big job. of course with william, the brf being the most famous rf in the world, his actions interest a lot more people that the danish rf. besides, m&f took all of the children, so the discussion of vacation alone did not occurr in this case.
Old 03-11-2014, 08:19 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post

You posted the link in the wrong thread. It's the British royals that people like to criticize the most. The other European royals can relax more and do what they want.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 03-11-2014, 09:57 AM
Serene Highness

I don't pay for the Danish royals with my taxes so they can do what they want as far as I am concerned.
Old 03-11-2014, 10:13 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
You posted the link in the wrong thread. It's the British royals that people like to criticize the most. The other European royals can relax more and do what they want.
Muriel posted it where it was intended. European royals are criticised just as often as William and Catherine and equally by the danish, dutch, swedish and norwegian etc taxpayer as I criticise William and Catherine. However as mentioned thousands of times before you cannot compare William and Catherine to the current european heirs.
Old 03-11-2014, 01:56 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
Muriel posted it where it was intended. European royals are criticised just as often as William and Catherine and equally by the danish, dutch, swedish and norwegian etc taxpayer as I criticise William and Catherine. However as mentioned thousands of times before you cannot compare William and Catherine to the current european heirs.
Exactly right lumutqueen. Depending upon which website you visit nearly all of the heirs are criticized. (Felipe/Letizia are typically not criticized due to their very busy schedule.) Guillaume and Stephanie as the newest CP couple are not immune from this either.
Old 03-11-2014, 02:19 PM
Imperial Majesty

I'm sorry, I just don't think the other European royals get it the way the British royals get it.

Also, I'm not comparing William & Catherine to the other heirs in the way you may be thinking. The others royals go on vacation, it's a nice thing. William & Catherine go on vacation, it's pretty much hell to tell the captain on the forums, Daily Mail, royal reporters and correspondents are getting a little uptight about it and there's even video reports about it.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 03-11-2014, 02:34 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
The others royals go on vacation, it's a nice thing. William & Catherine go on vacation, it's pretty much hell to tell the captain on the forums, Daily Mail, royal reporters and correspondents are getting a little uptight about it and there's even video reports about it.
There is one HUGE difference between European royals and British royals that we are forgetting, there interaction with the press in their country. Have you seen what Danish, Norwegian, Swedish, Dutch, Belgian royals release to the press? Photoshoots, interviews, inside footage. The access they get is immense and that's why when practically ALL european royals go on holiday, whereever they go, they don't get harrassed because the press are satiated with what they get throughout the year.

The British press don't get that, they don't get photoshoots, they don't get interviews, the public don't know about their royal family. Some people might respond by saying that that's what makes them royal, we're not supposed to know everything, we're not supposed to get photoshoots every year but the BRF take that to the farest reaches and unreasonably so sometimes. I know William and Henry have had issues with the press and in some instances, rightly so. But they need to work out a deal, a compromise because personally for me, without the press coverage the royals get, without social media, royals would flop .
Old 03-11-2014, 02:40 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
There is one HUGE difference between European royals and British royals that we are forgetting, there interaction with the press in their country. Have you seen what Danish, Norwegian, Swedish, Dutch, Belgian royals release to the press? Photoshoots, interviews, inside footage. The access they get is immense and that's why when practically ALL european royals go on holiday, whereever they go, they don't get harrassed because the press are satiated with what they get throughout the year.

The British press don't get that, they don't get photoshoots, they don't get interviews, the public don't know about their royal family. Some people might respond by saying that that's what makes them royal, we're not supposed to know everything, we're not supposed to get photoshoots every year but the BRF take that to the farest reaches and unreasonably so sometimes. I know William and Henry have had issues with the press and in some instances, rightly so. But they need to work out a deal, a compromise because personally for me, without the press coverage the royals get, without social media, royals would flop .
Lumutqueen, I have to agree with you there.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 03-11-2014, 02:45 PM
Serene Highness

[QUOTE=Lumutqueen;1647808]Muriel posted it where it was intended. European royals are criticised just as often as William and Catherine and equally by the danish, dutch, swedish and norwegian etc taxpayer as I criticise William and Catherine. However as mentioned thousands of times before you cannot compare William and Catherine to the current european heirs.[/QUOTE]

True. The European heirs who are second in line for the throne are mostly about 10 years old or younger.
Old 03-11-2014, 02:47 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:

You are correct about the difference between BRF and other Royals, and I take your point on working out a deal.

But there is a dilemma they face. When deals have been struck in the past - ie skiing photocalls or at Balmoral, it was on the basis that each side would benefit and generally it worked.

Today its different. The BRF could do a deal with the British media but the paps, european rag mags; US and Aus/NZ mags would just do their own thing. The BRF are Global and they cant negotiate a global press deal.

The situation at the moment is that the British press (generally) do hold back and want to maintain a good relationship with BRF. Good example were the beach pix last year of William and Kate. So the rest of the world sees the pictures and UK doesnt.

They can do all the things that the beloved Euro royals do, and they will still be hassled and papped wherever they go.

Maybe the new Head of BRF PR has a cunning plan

Old 03-11-2014, 02:53 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:

Well the Dutch royals have strict press conduct rules for the press. If you break them you can expect to be sued and excluded from future photocalls. W-A and Max have sued to prevent past vacation photos taken in Argentina to not be published.
Old 03-11-2014, 02:53 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by cepe View Post
Maybe the new Head of BRF PR has a cunning plan
It doesn't look like it to me.

I understand that the BRF are known worldwide, but it's at home where their image and appearance mean the most. It's not like the commonwealth is that fussed, but at home we are. It's not British Royal Family for nothing you know.
Old 03-11-2014, 02:59 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
It doesn't look like it to me.

I understand that the BRF are known worldwide, but it's at home where their image and appearance mean the most. It's not like the commonwealth is that fussed, but at home we are. It's not British Royal Family for nothing you know.
Well, she's hardly started has she. Wonder if she was behind the Wessex pix. Maybe it will change. But William and Harry in particular need to sort themselves out - not all media are bad-hats; and if they want their charities supported then they need to work with the media

But a deal is a 2 way street - so there has to be a tangible benefit to the BRF - and maybe supporting their charities is the leverage.

Old 03-11-2014, 03:07 PM
Imperial Majesty

William & Catherine will have to figure things out with the media attention because they know have George. The media will want to see them as a family. Although the couple just introduced the baby to the media at an reception last week.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Closed Thread

Tags
the duchess of cambridge, the duke of cambridge