Old 09-01-2016, 12:01 PM
Imperial Majesty

Video:
The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge visit Truro Cathedral in Cornwall-
Home - ITNSource News

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 09-01-2016, 12:29 PM
Heir Apparent

What a great visit so far. Huge crowds and everyone looks like they're enjoying themselves.
Old 09-01-2016, 01:03 PM
Imperial Majesty

Emily Andrews-
Kate put paid to long established rumors that she's allergic to horses by stroking 'Duchess' the shire horse today-
https://mobile.twitter.com/byEmilyAn...604928/photo/1

Catherine is around horses a lot. Pretty much prove that she's not allergic.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 09-01-2016, 01:55 PM
Courtier

She may still be. And willing to suffer the consequences the following day(s).
Old 09-01-2016, 01:59 PM
Heir Apparent

William and Kate arrive in Cornwall - Hats off to the woman in the crowd who goes in for a hug!

Old 09-01-2016, 02:02 PM
Heir Apparent

Nice visit so far.
Up close with the crowd
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CrRTj8tXgAQR7wC.jpg

Kate received a special photo
http://media.gettyimages.com/photos/...re-id598318688
http://media.gettyimages.com/photos/...re-id598318694

and they enjoyed their drinks
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2016/...2739665091.jpg
Old 09-01-2016, 02:11 PM
Heir Apparent

I love their ability to empathise with young people.

Quote:
After visiting the cathedral, both Kate and Wills went on a walkabout to meet and greet with hundreds of people who came to catch a glimpse of the royal couple and wish them well.

When a teaching assistant noted how much Prince William looks like his late mother, Princess Diana, William responded, "My mum was better looking."

Afterwards, the royal couple stopped by Zebs youth center to talk to kids about careers, dreams and goals. While there, William admitted that it took "an awfully long time" for him to figure out what he wanted to do with his life, so he told the group that it's totally OK to take some time to figure it all out.

"Do any of you know what you would love to be? Do you have some aspirations?" Kate asked the group.

"It is totally cool not to have that, by the way," William interjected. "It took me an awfully long time to work out what I wanted to be."

"It is so difficult because there's so much out there," the duchess added. "It is hard, isn't it, to pinpoint one thing? William is right. I found it difficult as well."

Many of the kids breathed a sigh of relief after hearing from Kate and William, feeling reassured that they didn't have to have their lives figured out already.

"They are both higher class and stuff like that so it is just reassuring that we can do well as well," one student shared. "They just sounded very interested in everything. They do genuinely want to know what it is like."
Read more: Prince William and Kate Middleton Give Life Advice to Kids While Touring Cornwall | E! News
Old 09-01-2016, 02:17 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
Emily Andrews-
Kate put paid to long established rumors that she's allergic to horses by stroking 'Duchess' the shire horse today-
https://mobile.twitter.com/byEmilyAn...604928/photo/1

Catherine is around horses a lot. Pretty much prove that she's not allergic.
Aww. Where's Robert Hardy? He and the horse would be in heaven. Totally a Siegfried moment. I feel like I'm watching an ACGAS Royal edition episode- great idea if you ask me. Another observation- this couple has some of the most unbelievable smiles I have ever seen- in the top five.
Looking forward to photos from the beach and to tommorow.
Old 09-01-2016, 02:25 PM
Heir Apparent

The slates they signed, are they to be auctioned off for fundraising?

I think the allergy story is very unlikey to be true.

LaRae
Old 09-01-2016, 03:01 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

TRH The Duke and Duchess of Cornwall pay a visit to Truro, Cornwall.

PPE

PPE Agency

PPE Agency
Old 09-01-2016, 03:08 PM
Heir Apparent

Another great video

The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge kick off a two-day tour of Cornwall and the Isles of Scilly with a visit to Truro and its historic cathedral.

Old 09-01-2016, 04:00 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLV View Post
She may still be. And willing to suffer the consequences the following day(s).
Considering it was denied around the time of the wedding, this rumor has stuck way too long :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
The slates they signed, are they to be auctioned off for fundraising?

I think the allergy story is very unlikey to be true.

LaRae
No, people pay money to be allowed to put a message on the slates that will be put up on the cathedral (message down). So William and Kate signing them was to bring awareness to the cause so more people want to sign them. And it will be a great story for tour guides in the future. "And here King William and Queen Catherine signed the slates that is part of the roof"
Old 09-01-2016, 05:54 PM
Imperial Majesty

Picture:
Very cute photo of Mr. & Mrs. Cambridge today-
World of Windsor : Photo

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 09-01-2016, 05:56 PM
Royal Highness

That's a great photo love to know what Kate was saying

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
Old 09-01-2016, 06:01 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
That has to be one of the nicest photos I've seen of the Cambridges in a while. It does seem like they were thoroughly enjoying themselves in Cornwall.
“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.”
― John Lennon
Old 09-01-2016, 06:16 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by hernameispekka View Post
Considering it was denied around the time of the wedding, this rumor has stuck way too long :P
I didn't know that it was officially denied. Thanks for telling me.
Old 09-01-2016, 06:29 PM
Majesty

i also didn't know they denied the horse allergy rumour. it makes sense though as kate was at the polo with william many times...

great outing, as usual. kate is just pure charm. what a great incorporation to the family. william clearly knew what he was doing!
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 09-01-2016, 06:34 PM
Heir Apparent

Imagine Prince George and Princess Charlotte in overalls

Quote:
Her destiny is to be a queen, but the Duchess of Cambridge has revealed she would secretly love to be a farmer, and is making sure her children have what it takes to farm when they grow up.

With 130,000 acres of land coming their way when the Duke of Cambridge eventually inherits the Duchy of Cornwall from the Prince of Wales, the family will not be short of places to drive tractors and combine harvesters.

The Duchess chatted to Bea Hodge, 15, of Wadebridge Young Farmers, during a visit to Newquay’s Towan Beach.

Miss Hodge said: “She said she was teaching George and Charlotte all about the farm at Sandringham. She's been teaching George the difference between barley and wheat and everything they grow on the farm there.

“She wants the children to learn all about farming and the apples in their orchard. She said she'd secretly like to be a young farmer.”
Read more: Prince George and Princess Charlotte are learning how to be farmers from the Duchess of Cambridge*

Closed Thread

Tags
the duchess of cambridge, the duke of cambridge