The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 03-07-2014, 09:53 AM
Heir Apparent

I guess they needed some time together... I know that many couple can't have "intimate" time when babies arrive...

Old 03-07-2014, 10:05 AM
Courtier

"Because the human race has nothing better to do then put other people down so that they can feel good about complaining about something.............just plain jealous and lazy and ignorant, ignore them and they will go away for good!"

Well said. Yes, I would like to be able to take vacations like they do but I do not have the financial resources they do. Am I jealous? Maybe, a bit. But I certainly do not begrudge them the benefits of those resources.

Old 03-07-2014, 10:57 AM
Heir Apparent

If I had the funds they do I'd be taking vacations when I could. Why not? They do what they are asked to do as far as engagements/charities. Past that they should be able to do whatever they want at their own expense.

Envy is an ugly thing.

LaRae
Old 03-07-2014, 11:14 AM
Heir Presumptive

Excellent comments HRH Hermionie and Sun Lion.
Old 03-07-2014, 11:17 AM
Courtier

As always, people are using the Royals to vent their own frustrations.
Old 03-07-2014, 11:23 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty91charmed View Post
I guess they needed some time together... I know that many couple can't have "intimate" time when babies arrive...
That's what I've been saying. Sometimes couples need to get away to spend time with each other and get some of the "cookie" and I really don't see the problem with that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cris M View Post
As always, people are using the Royals to vent their own frustrations.
I agree, there are people who use public figures to vent their frustrations. Trust me, it will all calm down after a while and once the couple is back to their official engagements.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 03-07-2014, 12:40 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by royalistbert View Post
Sometimes I do wonder if Cambridges have commited mass murder the way some people react on here to a weeks holiday. About this time last year there was uproar about the Cambridges going to a wedding in the Alps and it was more widely reported in the press.

As for the Cambridges workload, yes the Cambridges could be doing more in my opinion. I suspect that this year the workload will go up a hell of a lot starting with the tour. This time next year the posters complaining that the Camrbidges don't do enough work will be complaining that they are over exposed.
I fully agree with this, you took the words right out of my mouth. Honestly, a week's holiday is perfectly fine IMO. At first I thought that they were staying in the Maldives for two or three weeks, but it's only for one week...

Kate Middleton and Prince William jet off without George for 'second honeymoon' | Mail Online

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 03-07-2014, 02:32 PM
Courtier

While enjoying life is good if you have the funds, but it's not their money. It's from the taxpayers and from the pockets of Prince Charles. As for Kate, compared to Fergie, Diana, she's done next to nothing. Three engagements in three months is nothing.
Old 03-07-2014, 02:42 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by AristoCat View Post
While enjoying life is good if you have the funds, but it's not their money. It's from the taxpayers and from the pockets of Prince Charles. As for Kate, compared to Fergie, Diana, she's done next to nothing. Three engagements in three months is nothing.
It's not from the taxpayers, its there own money. You make it sound like Kate has only done three engagements in her whole entire time as a royal.
Old 03-07-2014, 02:42 PM
Serene Highness

I am not envious I am angry. If they gave it all up tomorrow I wouldn't care how many holidays they went but when the taxpayer is giving you money they expect more return than watching you do very little and swan off on holiday (3 times between them in less than 3 months). And before anyone says they paid for it themselves their security and George's seperate security whilst they are gone is being paid for with my taxes.
Old 03-07-2014, 02:45 PM
Courtier

The would have security anyways whever they are here in UK or abroad.
Old 03-07-2014, 02:48 PM
Heir Apparent

I think there is a need to separate what we would all like to see happen in terms of the number of public engagements VERSUS what we have been told to expect.

I'd like to see them out and about more often, but I don't expect to. Therefore I don't get cross about lack of public engagements and/or holidays.

I understand that some people are frustrated by how things are being managed but it shouldn't be a surprise because it is exactly as set out.

Now if they said they were going to do something and then didn't or cancelled an event for their holiday then I'd be mad. As it is I shall wait and look forward to 17th March and the 20 something days in April. And before the end of September, I expect an announcement about what it is William is going to do.

And then I expect him to do it.

As for Catherine, I expect #2 will be on it's way by then.

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 03-07-2014, 02:51 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
And there lies my issues, as soon as they actually do their jobs, for a few weeks at a time, people forget how lazy they actually are.

Can you lend me your rose-tinted glasses please? Or is your entire post sarcasm?
Sarcasm. But who knows, maybe after a decade of doing nothing before she got married two or three engagements at a time really do tire Kate out? We could be going too hard on her, ha, ha!
Old 03-07-2014, 02:58 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by royalistbert View Post

The would have security anyways whever they are here in UK or abroad.
I know and if they worked harder it wouldn't bother me but funding their security on holiday when they do little in between does bother me very much.
Old 03-07-2014, 03:02 PM
Heir Presumptive

Well, I don't understand criticism of the couple.

They are still young, have a little child, and will probably announce another pregnancy this or next year.

Very soon William will have much more duties and in future he and Kate will take many more engagements.
Old 03-07-2014, 03:04 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by angela View Post
Sarcasm. But who knows, maybe after a decade of doing nothing before she got married two or three engagements at a time really do tire Kate out? We could be going too hard on her, ha, ha!
So, you are really saying she has done nothing for the past 13 years? What about a bit honesty?

Lets see: from to 2001 to 2005, she was a student at St. Andrews. The following year, she started to work at Jigsaw. She also worked at the Middleton family business.

Since her marriage, she has slowly taken on the role of Royal wife, perfoming engagements in the UK and abroad.

Oh, and she has done the most important thing: she provided a heir to the Throne. Now, she's in maternity leave. And, if I understand it correctly, maternity leave in the UK can last a year.

Now, she's heading for three week tour, representing the Crown in two Commonwealth Realms.

As I see, she has done much more than nothing, as you said.
Old 03-07-2014, 03:13 PM
Aristocracy

I have read most of the posts related to the W-C's "vacation" and have not seen this aspect discussed...please excuse me if it has! W-C will be taking a number of their staff with them on their tour and they will all be quite busy most hours of their days (especially the new nanny). Has it occurred to anyone else that maybe they gave their staff a few days off prior to the busy days leading up to, during and after the tour so they could get their own business taken care of? Hence,George staying with Middletons and only security accompanying them on vacation. Just a thought!
Old 03-07-2014, 03:15 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cris M View Post
...Now, she's in maternity leave. And, if I understand it correctly, maternity leave in the UK can last a year...
I find it embarrasing when people say she's on maternity leave as though she's the same as a regular woman who works in a 9-5 job 5 days a week. Most women on maternity leave will have less time on their hands than Kate did when (in royal terms) she was working.
Old 03-07-2014, 03:43 PM
Heir Presumptive

While their private funds cover the cost of their flight, lodging etc...the taxpayer does pay for the security.
Old 03-07-2014, 04:10 PM
Imperial Majesty

The other royals get their criticism on the forums but not as much as the British royals. I think the other royal houses perfer it that way, they can relax more than the British royals.

I think it's great that Michael & Carole decided to give William & Catherine a break by taking care of George while his parents go and have some private time. My grandparents did the samething for my parents when I was a little crumb snatcher.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Closed Thread

Tags
the duchess of cambridge, the duke of cambridge