The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 08-24-2016, 02:05 PM
Imperial Majesty

Video:
William comforting a young man and talking about his mother's passing-
https://mobile.twitter.com/Heart4CNe...386304/video/1

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 08-24-2016, 02:30 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
The Duke of Cambridge has shared the experiences of losing his mother, Diana, Princess of Wales, while comforting a family who had recently experienced loss.

During a visit to Keech Hospice Care in Luton, William sympathetically rested his hand on the shoulder of Ben Hines, 14, who lost his own mother Alexandra in June 2015 at the age of 40.

Recalling dealing with his bereavement on the eve of the 19th anniversary of Diana's death, William advised Ben and his family to stick together through their grief.

The teenager, who was the youngest of the three brothers that met the royal couple and who suffers from autism, explained to the Duke how he was struggling with the loss.

William said: "As four boys, you have to talk a lot better - we're not good sharers. It's a classic example of lots of talking needed."

Ben then told of some treasured memories of his mother before she died, before saying "I miss her so much".

Resting his hand on the boy's shoulder, William said: "Time makes it easier.

"I know how you feel, I still miss my mother every day and it's 20 years after she died.

"The important thing is to talk about it as a family, it's okay to feel sad, it's okay for you to miss her."
Read more: Duke of Cambridge recalls loss of mother during hospice visit

Old 08-24-2016, 04:07 PM
Imperial Majesty

Video:
The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge visit Keech Hospice-
Home - ITNSource News

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 08-24-2016, 06:05 PM
Royal Highness

A great day with some lovely moments

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
Old 08-24-2016, 07:00 PM
Heir Apparent

Love this

Quote:
During the visit to the Keech Hospice, the Duchess of Cambridge made her own emotional connection with the bereaved when she gave a hug to a six-year-old boy who lost his eldest brother two years ago. “I love cuddles,” she said.

It came after she and William were given “memory jars” – bottles full of coloured sand, which are used as a tool by the hospice pre-and post-bereavement to help patients and their families.

The jars were presented by Jamie Coniam, 10, and his brother Ethan, six, from Flitwick, Bedfordshire, whose brother Kieran died at the hospice aged 10 in October 2014. He had been born with cerebral palsy, epilepsy and autism, and suffered with health problems all his life.

The boys’ mother Fiona, 40, a palliative care nurse, said: “Ethan said, ‘Excuse me Kate, can I have hug?’ She said, ‘Yes of course – I love cuddles.’ Then she asked Jamie if he would like a hug as well.”

Jamie said: “My little brother asked for a hug, and I got one out of the blue.”
Old 08-24-2016, 07:53 PM
Imperial Majesty

Video News Report:
Duke and Duchess of Cambridge visit Luton to raise awareness of mental health | Anglia - ITV News

Nice interviews from the people TRH met today.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 08-24-2016, 09:18 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post
Love this
When I first read this my heart melted like a stick of butter. Wipe me off the floor. The pictures too. Catherine reminds me so much of RH in some ways. And so much more that I wish I could say but I can't. But I can say I am not surprised. Love them.
Old 08-25-2016, 06:28 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
Video News Report:
Duke and Duchess of Cambridge visit Luton to raise awareness of mental health | Anglia - ITV News

Nice interviews from the people TRH met today.
Here are a few more photos from the visit

Belga

Belga Image - Editorial
Old 08-25-2016, 07:32 AM
Heir Apparent

Embargoed engagements for William and Catherine. It's for Young Minds Matter and Head's Together.

Kate Middleton and Prince William lend support to mental health charity
Old 08-25-2016, 09:18 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Kate Middleton stuns in scarlet as she joins Prince William at helpline in London | Daily Mail Online
Old 08-25-2016, 09:50 AM
Heir Apparent

Meh..the red color is great but the rest...just don't like that seaming...the dress looks cheap.

LaRae
Old 08-25-2016, 09:57 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
The Duke of Cambridge has offered a glimpse of the emotional impact of his work as an air ambulance pilot.

William visited the Young Minds youth mental health charity with the Duchess and asked for "an easy one" when told they would be listening in to real calls to its helpline from concerned parents.

He told the volunteers at their London headquarters: "I'm carrying a lot of things at the moment. I'll be in floods of tears at the end otherwise.

"I've had too many sad families with the air ambulance so I can't have any more stuff. Something on the lower level if I can."
Read more: Prince William fears he will be 'in floods of tears' on charity visit*as he reveals emotional impact of working as air ambulance pilot
Old 08-25-2016, 10:26 AM
Heir Apparent

An air ambulance isn't called for a minor injury so the patients are going to be severely in trouble. With his previous job with the RAF, there were some positive flights where people were found and saved. It is all going to quite emotional after a while. Lest not forget he is approaching the anniversary of his mum's death in a few days.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
Old 08-25-2016, 10:30 AM
Heir Apparent

Air ambulance is certainly not a job I could do. You see things you can't 'un-see'

One of William's first call outs was a suicide. I can't even imagine.
Old 08-25-2016, 11:05 AM
Imperial Majesty

Prince William opens up during emotional charity visit with Kate | Royal | News | Daily Express

It's a great thing when the royals start opening up about their own feelings and emotions while trying to highlight charities and organizations who help those with their feelings and emotions. That's how it should be done.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 08-25-2016, 12:41 PM
Majesty

Not a lot of people with big public profiles would be willing to share such personal things with complete strangers. William and his wife are truly two in a millionaire n. They care, they want to help and they're not afraid to leave pieces of themselves with those that are in need of kindness and compassion.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 08-25-2016, 01:24 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge paid a very special visit to the YoungMinds Parents Helpline headquarters today as part of their Heads Together campaign.

Greeted by sunny weather and warm welcomes, Their Royal Highnesses got to witness first-hand the hard work and dedication that goes into running the Parents Helpline.

After friendly chats with staff and volunteers at YoungMinds, The Duke and Duchess received a helpline short course in becoming a volunteer. This taster session provided them with an in depth understanding of the caller’s experience upon contacting the helpline.

As the morning progressed, Their Royal Highnesses observed some of the calls the helpline received and experienced a typical debriefing session to round off the day. All the while, volunteers were able to talk with the Duke and Duchess about their experiences and motivation for joining the Parents Helpline.
Read more: The Royals Visit the YoungMinds Parent Helpline
Old 08-25-2016, 03:16 PM
Imperial Majesty

Video:
Duke and Duchess of Cambridge attends 'Heads Together' charity event-
Home - ITNSource News

Video:
William and Catherine's Comments during their visit to Young Minds Parent Helpline-
https://amp.twimg.com/v/76cc0fb4-75f...e-75dbc999a600

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 08-26-2016, 08:59 AM
Heir Apparent

Cornwall itinerary

Quote:
Their first stop-off will be at Truro Cathedral, where they will sign a slate to support the cathedral's appeal to raise funds for roof repairs.

Their Royal Highnesses are also due to visit representatives from organisations that work with young people across Cornwall to improve their prospects and build their confidence levels.

One of those is the Wave Project, based at Newquay's Towan Beach, which uses surfing to help reduce anxiety in children and improve their mental wellbeing.

The Royal couple will also visit a popular tourist attraction near Truro – but the details of that one are being kept under wraps until the day.

Next Friday they will spend a day on the Isles of Scilly, visiting the three islands of St Mary's, Tresco and St Martin's.

Over both days, the Duke and Duchess will set to stop off at a number of initiatives run by the Duchy of Cornwall - the private estate established in 1337, that funds the public, charitable and private activities of The Prince of Wales.
​Prince William and Kate to visit Truro Cathedral, Newquay's Wave Project and three Isles of Scilly | West Briton
Old 08-27-2016, 05:33 AM
Aristocracy

I wonder if Harry opening up about the loss of his mother and how he wished he had done so earlier has prompted / helped William to do the same.

For whatever reason, good on William sharing his own loss as a then teenager to help a present day one cope with their own grief.

Tags
the duchess of cambridge, the duke of cambridge