The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 07-10-2016, 03:10 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
A joyous Andy Murray joked with the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge about the "lucky omen" that boosted him to Wimbledon victory - his baby daughter slept through for three nights' running.

Murray, whose daughter Sophia Olivia was born in February, was congratulated by William and Kate on his second All England Club title with moments of leaving a packed Centre Court.
Red more: Andy Murray jokes with Duke of Cambridge about 'lucky omen' which helped land second Wimbledon title

Old 07-10-2016, 03:26 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessofEurope View Post
I don't see Kate taking on the patronage until the Duke of Kent dies. He is a great lover of the game and a constant presence at the tournament on numerous days. Like the Duchess of Gloucester who has a role with the LTA and with Kate and William attending tennis games it is great to see the sport being promoted by the royals for many years to come.
I kind of agree. I think if the rumors are true that Kate will take over as a patron and maybe when the Duke dies that she will absorb both these role into some kind of new role?

Old 07-10-2016, 03:26 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Seeing as the Duke of Kent has always enjoyed this patronage, I would think that knowing that the Cambridges, especially Kate, have a keen interest in the sport and the patronage would be a kind of a security blanket for him. As we get older, we do tend to think more and more of how things will be taken care of should we not be able to do them anymore and knowing he has backup in the wings has to be a good feeling.

I'm seeing this backup kind of thing more and more as a pattern in the BRF. Transition and continuity where no matter what happens, the gears in the machine of the monarchy are well oiled to keep running smoothly.
“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.”
― John Lennon
Old 07-10-2016, 03:30 PM
Heir Apparent

The Duke of Kent is president. The Queen is Patron. It's entirely possible (and probable, imo) The Queen will pass the patronage to the Duchess of Cambridge and leave the Duke of Kent as president. Best of both worlds
Old 07-11-2016, 06:53 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessRulz View Post
Kensington Palace ‏@KensingtonRoyal 50s50 seconds ago
The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge are looking forward to attending today's Wimbledon men's final - it's been a great fortnight of tennis
Photos from PPE

PPE Agency
Old 07-11-2016, 07:43 AM
Heir Apparent

Kensington Palace @KensingtonRoyal
The Duchess, Patron @1851Trust, and The Duke return to Portsmouth on 24th July for the city's 2nd @acwspmth event
https://twitter.com/KensingtonRoyal/...52029553971200

TRHs will visit @LandRoverBAR’s Portsmouth base to see the team’s progress with their state of the art testing boats
https://twitter.com/KensingtonRoyal/...52619910742016

Kensington Palace ‏@KensingtonRoyal
The Duke and Duchess will also visit the @acwspmth Race Village to meet the @americascup teams and young people involved with @1851Trust
Old 07-11-2016, 09:10 AM
Heir Apparent

Hopefully it won't be a wash out like last year's trip. ⛵️

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
Old 07-11-2016, 12:47 PM
Majesty

I hope we see a few more engagements before the summer break.
Old 07-11-2016, 02:01 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
The Louis Vuitton America’s Cup World Series Portsmouth will welcome two very special visitors on Sunday July 24th July, when The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge join spectators to watch the action on the final day of the event.

The Duchess of Cambridge, Royal Patron of ‘The 1851 Trust’ the official charity of the Louis Vuitton America’s Cup World Series Portsmouth, accompanied by The Duke of Cambridge will visit British team Land Rover BAR’s base in Portsmouth to see their state of the art testing boats and meet the staff driving the advanced design and technology behind the team. They will then watch the teams from USA, France, New Zealand, Japan, Sweden and the British team compete in three thrilling races on the Solent, alongside the thousands of fans watching from the Race Village.
Read more: The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge to show their support during the Louis Vuitton America’s Cup World Series Portsmouth 2016 - America's Cup World Series Portsmouth
Old 07-15-2016, 01:07 PM
Imperial Majesty

Nice picture of the Cambridge's during their recent engagement at airshow-
World of Windsor

Nice how George already know waving to the crowds of people is important.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 08-11-2016, 09:20 AM
Heir Apparent

The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge will visit Luton in Bedfordshire for a day of engagements on Wednesday 24th August

Kensington Palace ‏@KensingtonRoyal
During their visit The Duke and Duchess will meet local organisations doing ground-breaking work with young people

Details: https://www.royal.uk/duke-and-duches...ll-visit-luton
Old 08-11-2016, 09:37 AM
Imperial Majesty

Nice to read their going back to work.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 08-11-2016, 09:51 AM
Heir Apparent

Youthscape ‏@Youthscape
We're very excited to be welcoming TRH The Duke & Duchess of Cambridge to Bute Mills later this month.

Keech Hospice Care ‏@KeechHospice
Looking forward to welcoming Their Royal Highnesses The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge touring the hospice on Aug 24!

Our royal visit on the Aug 24 will not be open to the public, but we will keep you all updates on the exciting event! #royalvisit
Old 08-12-2016, 02:20 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post
Youthscape ‏@Youthscape
We're very excited to be welcoming TRH The Duke & Duchess of Cambridge to Bute Mills later this month.

Looking forward to welcoming Their Royal Highnesses The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge touring the hospice on Aug 24!

Our royal visit on the Aug 24 will not be open to the public, but we will keep you all updates on the exciting event! #royalvisit
Oh, I am so gonna cry! I am sure it will be a wonderful day for all involved. Nice it's closed to the public too. Now if only RH came along.
Daria- Again, I'm exhausted. So if you see anything that needs editing let me know...
Old 08-15-2016, 08:54 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
THEIR Royal Highnesses The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge will visit Keech Hospice Care in Luton to help the charity celebrate its 25th anniversary later this month.

TRH have been invited to tour the hospice, meet patients, volunteers and staff, and learn more about the charity including its bereavement support and art therapy services.

The event on August 24 is not open to the public.

Liz Searle, chief executive Officer of Keech Hospice Care said: "As the adult hospice for Luton and South Beds and the children's hospice of Bedfordshire, Hertfordshire and Milton Keynes, we are delighted to welcome TRH to Keech Hospice Care. I will be very proud to show the Duke and Duchess our excellent adult and children's facilities which as a charity we provide to patients and their families at a time in their lives they need it most.

TRH have been invited to tour the hospice, meet patients, volunteers and staff, and learn more about the charity including its bereavement support and art therapy services.

The event on August 24 is not open to the public.
!Keech Hospice Care is a hospice full of life and our staff, patients and volunteers look forward to showing it to the Duke and Duchess as we celebrate 25 years of excellent care."

Keech Hospice Care is an adult and children's hospice based in Luton which support adults from Luton and South Bedfordshire and children and their families across Bedfordshire, Hertfordshire and Milton Keynes
Read more: The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge are coming to Bedfordshire | Luton on Sunday
Old 08-17-2016, 03:58 AM
Imperial Majesty

Very nice moving images of The Duke and Duchess during their visit to Hillsborough Castle-
Love all things Harry&The Cambridges

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 08-17-2016, 04:11 PM
Heir Apparent

Yes and I love how tactile they are with each other. Speaks volumes.

LaRae
Old 08-17-2016, 04:48 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
Yes and I love how tactile they are with each other. Speaks volumes.

LaRae
I agree. They're very private, but those little loving moments between the two is always nice to see.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 08-17-2016, 10:09 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
I agree. They're very private, but those little loving moments between the two is always nice to see.

Yes that's the stuff you can't really fake. The body language.

LaRae
Old 08-17-2016, 10:57 PM
Nobility

On another note, I look forward to seeing the family in Canada. I love Canada. And Canadians. Yay, Canada!

Closed Thread

Tags
the duchess of cambridge, the duke of cambridge