The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 07-08-2016, 10:01 PM
Heir Apparent

One thing struck me in the DM article. William was chatting to one of the heli pilots about flying and Will stated that he 'really missed it.' Has William left his job with the EAAS since Christmas? When did his contract start with them, does anyone know?

Old 07-08-2016, 10:35 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curryong View Post
One thing struck me in the DM article. William was chatting to one of the heli pilots about flying and Will stated that he 'really missed it.' Has William left his job with the EAAS since Christmas? When did his contract start with them, does anyone know?
I noticed that as well. But I think it might be that he was talking to the person near the helicopter style he learned to fly in, so maybe he was missing that kind of helicopter? Or because as far as we know he's flying way less nowdays (not fulltime) so it becomes less flying?

Old 07-08-2016, 11:44 PM
Heir Apparent

He was flying last week

https://mobile.twitter.com/tomhorn8/...13019240587264

He was off for the Somme 100 events and had engagements for the past three days. So he isn't flying every day and probably not as much as when he was in the RAF.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
Old 07-08-2016, 11:49 PM
Courtier

So I heard on TV that your ear defenders/ear muffs were Australian-made young George.

And I can see only Oz stockists on the company website.

Did Mum and Dad get them on the internet and then you got a parcel in the post?

(Australia also noticed your thumbs-up while in the Australian "Hercules" aircraft.)
Old 07-09-2016, 07:37 AM
Nobility

I think the ear defenders were part of a goodie bag for children at the air show? I think I read that somewhere.
Old 07-09-2016, 07:55 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by PetticoatLane View Post
I think the ear defenders were part of a goodie bag for children at the air show? I think I read that somewhere.

Maybe that's how George got them Petticoat Lane - the Australian company supplied them that way.

"Banz Baby" has a photo of Catherine and George on their website showing the pair he is wearing.
Old 07-09-2016, 09:06 AM
Imperial Majesty

It was a very special treat to see George out and about with his parents. The noise may have been a little too much at times, but he enjoyed himself. I notice George also like smiling and waving to the crowds. He gave people a royal thumbs-up whenever he could.

I've always said there's nothing wrong with George accompanying his parents to family and kid friendly engagements whenever possible. The media wouldn't scare him off or harm him.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 07-09-2016, 11:43 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by PetticoatLane View Post
If so, they were given them beforehand.

William walked over to Rebecca and she pulled them out of one of the two bags she had. (It happens at 2:38 of this video: Prince George accompanies Kate Middleton to Royal International Air Tattoo | Daily Mail Online)

The piggie bank was given directly to him by one of the air cadets: https://twitter.com/aircadets/status/751403038657613825
Old 07-09-2016, 01:01 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellin View Post
I always hear how Charlotte looks like Her Majesty although IMO she looks a lot like Catherine's mother, Carol. But I prefer to wait until Charlotte's second birthday to decide what is my opinion.

William even in toddlerhood had a thin long face when his son has it more wide and rounded. And it doesn't resemble Charles's face too (maybe for the better) But Charles's ears are bit like his grandchild's)))
Now I'm going to have to take a look at those ears again. William even when young and chubby (love baby fat) did have an oval face while Georges is more rounded. I've seen one pic of Kate as a toddler and she had that round face as well. You know the kids resemble their father or maternal grand parents but not so much Kate herself.
Jaqueline Bouvier Kennedy, September 12, 1953
Countess Stephanie of Belgium October 20, 2012
Old 07-09-2016, 01:58 PM
Heir Apparent

British Royals ‏@britishroyals
Video: Finally -- hear Prince George speak!! He loves his sticker (& gives thumbs up & waves) - H/T @TheRoyalsAndI

Old 07-10-2016, 08:39 AM
Administrator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Kensington Palace ‏@KensingtonRoyal 50s50 seconds ago
The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge are looking forward to attending today's Wimbledon men's final - it's been a great fortnight of tennis
Old 07-10-2016, 11:07 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge head a star-studded Centre Court crowd as British hope Andy Murray serves for his second Wimbledon crown.

The Royals are expected to be joined by Prime Minister David Cameron, Scotland First Minister Nicola Sturgeon and Hollywood stars Benedict Cumberbatch and Bradley Cooper in the Royal Box.

Full-scale "Murraymania" gripped the All England Club on Sunday as fans queued in drizzling rain from the early hours in the hope of securing tickets. Murray, the world No. 2, faces big-serving Milos Raonic in the men's singles final and has warned his Canadian opponent he would be "ruthless" in his quest for a third Grand Slam.
Read more: Duke and Duchess of Cambridge among stars to watch Andy Murray at Wimbledon final
Old 07-10-2016, 12:25 PM
Serene Highness

William in an unusually natty jacket too.. *more of that please*..
Old 07-10-2016, 01:31 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

https://twitter.com/Wimbledon/status/752176475021901824

Andy being congratulated by William and Kate

Old 07-10-2016, 02:08 PM
Imperial Majesty

I'm looking forward to when Catherine gain her official role at Wimbledon and present the trophies in the future.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 07-10-2016, 02:13 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Andy Murray has the royal seal of approval on his Wimbledon victory after he was congratulated by the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge.

Kate, who had been watching from the royal box, told him: "Many congratulations, it was a great game."

William said: "So pleased for you, well done," and Kate added: "You can relax with your family now."
Murray congratulated by the Duke and Duchess - ITV News
Old 07-10-2016, 02:23 PM
Nobility

William's been looking very sharp lately, without feeling the need to wear bright red or blue trousers like some other royal men (seriously, how silly do they look?).
Old 07-10-2016, 02:41 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
I'm looking forward to when Catherine gain her official role at Wimbledon and present the trophies in the future.

I'm looking forward to The Duke of Kent continuing tradition.

Why wish for a hard working Royal to be passed over for someone that likes the sport?
Old 07-10-2016, 02:46 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
I'm looking forward to The Duke of Kent continuing tradition.

Why wish for a hard working Royal to be passed over for someone that likes the sport?
it's not like Dman said it starts tomorrow. just "in the future". Nobody's being passed over.

Quote:
William in an unusually natty jacket too.. *more of that please*..
Sorry, what do you mean by "natty"? the definition I know doesn't quite fit with how his jacket looks, so I'm confused.
Old 07-10-2016, 03:10 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

I don't see Kate taking on the patronage until the Duke of Kent dies. He is a great lover of the game and a constant presence at the tournament on numerous days. Like the Duchess of Gloucester who has a role with the LTA and with Kate and William attending tennis games it is great to see the sport being promoted by the royals for many years to come.

Closed Thread

Tags
the duchess of cambridge, the duke of cambridge