The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 06-14-2016, 11:27 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

https://twitter.com/emynash/status/742712283697139712

#PrinceWilliam will appear in @AttitudeMag, he revealed after signing the #Orlando book of condolences at the US Embassy #LoveWins*

Old 06-14-2016, 12:00 PM
Majesty

The Duke and Duchess visited the US embassy today to sign a book of condolence for the Orlando victims

Old 06-14-2016, 12:11 PM
Imperial Majesty

David Maxwell-
The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge at Hillsborough Garden Party
https://mobile.twitter.com/DavidGMax...332801/photo/1

William and Catherine hand in hand during the garden party-
http://thecambridgees.tumblr.com/pos...ine-duchess-of

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 06-14-2016, 04:34 PM
Nobility

Hooray! As a Northern Irishwoman born and bred, it's lovely to see TRH return to NI for only the 2nd time.

I know posters here are for some reason obsessed with W&K's non-attendance at Royal Ascot (I mean, it's not a state occasion, it's just a bunch of horse races really), I'm personally thrilled that they chose to come over to our wee bit of the UK!

A personal bug bear of mine, Harry has not officially visited NI on even a single occasion (IIRC). He's visited many countries all over the globe on HM's behalf but not one of the 4 constituent parts of the UK. Very disappointing.
Old 06-14-2016, 04:47 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by PetticoatLane View Post
A personal bug bear of mine, Harry has not officially visited NI on even a single occasion (IIRC). He's visited many countries all over the globe on HM's behalf but not one of the 4 constituent parts of the UK. Very disappointing.
He has to be invited to go you realise that?
Old 06-14-2016, 04:53 PM
Nobility

You really expect me to believe that the reason that PH has never visited NI officially is because he's not been invited? Sorry, that just doesn't ring true. The Royal British Legion, on its own, would trip over itself to have PH appear at any of its events over here. How about the NI celebration of Armed Forces Day? Or visiting some recovering NI veterans?

I'd expect PH and his advisers to say to themselves, when fleshing out his diary for the months ahead, heck the one bit of the UK we've not even touched is NI. So let's put in place a day of engagements, the way HMQ or the PoW does. He'd be made more than welcome.
Old 06-14-2016, 06:03 PM
Serene Highness

Kate Middleton recycles brocade coat at Hillsborough Castle garden party in Northern Ireland* | Daily Mail Online
Old 06-14-2016, 08:17 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
David Maxwell-
The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge at Hillsborough Garden Party
https://mobile.twitter.com/DavidGMax...332801/photo/1

William and Catherine hand in hand during the garden party-
"she's been a joy from heaven."
I absolutely love that they are holding hands. I noticed them holding hands one year at Christmas as they were walking with members of the royal family to church. I have never observed any other couples in the Royal family holding hands, but I could have missed it.
Old 06-14-2016, 08:48 PM
Heir Apparent

So sweet to see them holding hands.

LaRae
Old 06-14-2016, 08:58 PM
Heir Apparent

I have a question, in Scotland they use their Scottish title Earl/Countess Strathearn, do they use Baron/Baroness Carrickfergus when in NI as it is their Irish title? Or do they use Cambridge?
Old 06-14-2016, 09:36 PM
Heir Apparent

Aren't they referred to by their title as it is where they are? Like Charles and Camilla? Seems like I read when they are in Scotland etc they are referred to by their Scottish titles instead of the PoW etc.

LaRae
Old 06-14-2016, 09:50 PM
Heir Apparent

I know in Scotland Camilla/Charles are HRH Duke and Duchess of Rothesy. And Will/Kate were Earl/Countess of Strathearn. I wasn't sure if the same protocol is followed in Northern Ireland. I don't think Charles has a NI title among his list. But Carrickfergus is NI for Will and Kate.
Old 06-14-2016, 10:03 PM
Heir Apparent

Hmmm I would tend to think yes, they are referred to as Earl and Countess of Carrickfergus. Do we have any local media sources to check and see how they titled them?

LaRae
Old 06-14-2016, 10:55 PM
Heir Apparent

They are Baron/Baroness not Earl/Countess Carrickfergus.

The Belfast telegraph calls them Duke/Duchess here. But if the Belfast telegraph is anything like the London one, take that with a grain of salt.

http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/ne...-34797609.html
Old 06-14-2016, 11:07 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
I know in Scotland Camilla/Charles are HRH Duke and Duchess of Rothesy. And Will/Kate were Earl/Countess of Strathearn. I wasn't sure if the same protocol is followed in Northern Ireland. I don't think Charles has a NI title among his list. But Carrickfergus is NI for Will and Kate.

Prince Charles has the title of Earl of Carrick among his many titles ...which is his NI title. I don't recall If he has used it actually on trips to NI.
Old 06-14-2016, 11:13 PM
Heir Apparent

No, Carrick is Scottish. It is a secondary title, with Baron Renfrew and Lord of the Isles, to the Duke of Rothesy title. Carrick is in what is now Ayrshire on the West coast of Scotland.
Old 06-15-2016, 02:55 AM
Nobility

Using Scottish titles in Scotland is just a way of placating the Scots and the mountain sized chip on their shoulders when it comes to England.

I would find it very odd if anyone here in NI referred to them as anything other than the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge. That's the title that everyone knows.
Old 06-15-2016, 06:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PetticoatLane View Post
Using Scottish titles in Scotland is just a way of placating the Scots and the mountain sized chip on their shoulders when it comes to England.

I would find it very odd if anyone here in NI referred to them as anything other than the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge. That's the title that everyone knows.

The only example I can compare to to is The Duke of York who is also Baron Killyleagh he is always The Duke of York in Northern Ireland except when he visited Killyleagh just after his wedding.

I was at the Garden Party and was presented to The Duke of Cambridge. Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByThe Royals Community1465982929.295080.jpg
Views:	144
Size:	28.1 KB
ID:	298834Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByThe Royals Community1465982945.514959.jpg
Views:	124
Size:	166.9 KB
ID:	298835Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByThe Royals Community1465982965.044977.jpg
Views:	121
Size:	181.5 KB
ID:	298836

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community

God Save The Queen!

Old 06-15-2016, 09:22 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyalProtocol View Post
The only example I can compare to to is The Duke of York who is also Baron Killyleagh he is always The Duke of York in Northern Ireland except when he visited Killyleagh just after his wedding.
I was at the Garden Party and was presented to The Duke of Cambridge. Attachment 298834Attachment 298835Attachment 298836
Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community
Permit us a bit of jealousy? But very happy for you. And for the Duke!
Old 06-15-2016, 09:37 AM
Imperial Majesty

Video:
The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge attends Hillsborough Castle Garden Party-
Home - ITNSource News

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Closed Thread

Tags
the duchess of cambridge, the duke of cambridge