The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 08-27-2015, 04:35 AM
Courtier

Well speaking personally I believe everyone should take a seat. Let H.M. have her moment. She has worked for it.

Old 09-02-2015, 11:40 PM
Majesty

hello mentions a potential royal tour for W and K in 2016, they say the caribean is a potential destination although it is still being decided. i like reading that the foreign office tells them where they want them to go, and it's not just a whim of the royal household to look good, but a response to the need of the ministry in the interests of the UK.

Quote:
"We are aware of the report about the Caribbean, but the location is yet to be decided," said the source. "There are other considerations, such as where the Foreign Office – who have a big say on these matters – want them to go."
Prince William and Kate Middleton to make overseas visit next year

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 09-03-2015, 01:24 AM
Heir Presumptive

I wonder if this might be a joint trip outside of the Commonwealth nations. They've already visited Canada, the Southeast Asian/Pacific states, New Zealand, Australia and parts of the U.S. as a couple.
Old 09-03-2015, 01:40 AM
Imperial Majesty

Well, the Cambridge's have fallen off the face of the earth for an entire month. My guess something for engagements will be announced soon.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 09-03-2015, 01:55 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
Well, the Cambridge's have fallen off the face of the earth for an entire month. My guess something for engagements will be announced soon.
Well, we saw a work snap of William yesterday and knew he would be working fulltime for a while so he is not surprising. And she is still on "maternity leave" + august is usually a slow royal month. So it shouldn't have come as a shock to anyone :P
Old 09-03-2015, 02:17 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by hernameispekka View Post
Well, we saw a work snap of William yesterday and knew he would be working fulltime for a while so he is not surprising. And she is still on "maternity leave" + august is usually a slow royal month. So it shouldn't have come as a shock to anyone :P
Yes, I know. August is now over, so some kind of news should be coming.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 09-03-2015, 02:19 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Yes, I know. August is now over, so some kind of news should be coming.
Yeah, i think it will soon :) But I also think the rumor of them being soon in Scotland might be true since they usually visit there in September. So maybe an announcement this or next week of engagements :)
Old 09-03-2015, 04:18 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Well, the Cambridge's have fallen off the face of the earth for an entire month.
As have the Edinburgh's, Wales', Yorks and Wessexes. Its called the summer break, though William has been working.

They don't need to announce engagements just to keep us amused. Catherine still has a 4 month old baby, and William has a full time job. HM, the DoE, C&C hardly carry out any engagements in September.
Old 09-09-2015, 05:49 PM
Heir Apparent

The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, and Prince Harry, will be at Twickenham for England’s game against Fiji a week on Friday, with an announcement expected on Thursday from Kensington Palace.

Prince Harry, as RFU vice‑patron, will represent his grandmother for the opening ceremony, along with the Duke and Duchess, and is likely to attend several games.

I posted the source article in the General News and Information thread for the Queen
Old 09-16-2015, 07:23 AM
Heir Apparent

Kensington Palace ‏@KensingtonRoyal
The Duke and Duchess and Prince Harry will attend the world premiere of #SPECTRE in aid of @thectbf on Oct 26
Old 09-16-2015, 04:26 PM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Another movie premiere counting as 'work' ... I'm impressed.
Cele|bitchy | Duchess Kate & Prince William add splashy ‘Spectre’ premiere to their calendar
Old 09-16-2015, 05:09 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post
Kensington Palace ‏@KensingtonRoyal
The Duke and Duchess and Prince Harry will attend the world premiere of #SPECTRE in aid of @thectbf on Oct 26
Lucky them. I'm a little jealous, will have to wait until November 6 to see the movie.
Old 09-16-2015, 05:23 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
Members of the royal family have always attended these events. HMQ, DoE, QEQM, Margaret, Charles, Diana, Camilla etc etc.

It's in aid of a charity.

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 09-16-2015, 05:29 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by cepe View Post
Members of the royal family have always attended these events. HMQ, DoE, QEQM, Margaret, Charles, Diana, Camilla etc etc.

And William is the current president of BAFTA (which is a charity too) so I'm not surprised that he and his wife would attend an event for his own patronage. Harry has joined them in the past, so it isn't unusual to see him accompany them this time.
Old 09-16-2015, 05:58 PM
Courtier

Quote:

Yep. Royals have been attending these charity film premieres since 1946: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Royal_Film_Performance
Old 09-16-2015, 07:31 PM
Heir Presumptive

Thank you for sharing this Isabella.
Old 09-16-2015, 07:59 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:

Its for charity so of course its great they are attending but in fairness all the other royals you mentioned do/did plenty of other less 'glamorous' duties as well as attending film premiers which, lets face it, are more 'fun' if you like the film being shown. I'm not criticizing them, just saying
Old 09-16-2015, 08:21 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommy100 View Post
Its for charity so of course its great they are attending but in fairness all the other royals you mentioned do/did plenty of other less 'glamorous' duties as well as attending film premiers which, lets face it, are more 'fun' if you like the film being shown. I'm not criticizing them, just saying

I used to love James Bond films, but not with Craig, so I'll pass on this one.

But since all three are planning to attend, I guess they don't feel the same way!
Old 09-16-2015, 08:27 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLLK View Post
And William is the current president of BAFTA (which is a charity too) so I'm not surprised that he and his wife would attend an event for his own patronage. Harry has joined them in the past, so it isn't unusual to see him accompany them this time.

It's not a BAFTA event but for the Cinematic and Television Benevolent Fund. The Queen is its patron.

http://www.ctbf.co.uk

They have been doing a Royal Film Performance benefit show since 1946. That is pre Queen.

William and Kate went to this event for the Mandela movie, which Mandela died during the screening. They were supposed to for the Hobbit but Cheeks took Kate out with HG so William went stag.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
Old 09-16-2015, 09:33 PM
Heir Presumptive

Skippyboo you are correct though I'm not surprised to see a BAFTA president in attendance.

Closed Thread

Tags
the duchess of cambridge, the duke of cambridge