The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 03-06-2014, 04:26 PM
Courtier

I think what the royal reporters are so miffed about is that they were totally caught out by this get away - which just goes to show that their so called insider/palace sources/friends of the couple do not exist.
Are the Cambridges really in the Maldives? Who knows. I haven't seen any pictures or other evidence proving it to be so. It would be hilarious if sometime today William or Catherine was spotted out and about somewhere in London.
I also wouldn't put too much stock in the rumour that George is not with them, maybe he's not, but assuming that they took a scheduled flight until we hear from someone on that plane that they were there and a baby was not I'm not jumping to any conclusions.

Old 03-06-2014, 05:21 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Amazing! Catherine and William could burn Buckingham palace down and people would find an excuse. I'm starting to see why so many have left this forum.

Old 03-06-2014, 05:25 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by soapstar View Post
As for George not going with them, I don't find that odd. I know many couples that take the kids to the grandparents, so that they can spend a few days alone somewhere. And as Skippyboo said, their anniversary is right after their 3 week tour, so I see this as an early anniversary trip.
The more I thought about it, the more sense it made to me that they didn't take George with them on this holiday. George has a new nanny and is always used to having his parents around. With mom and dad leaving him with the nanny now, George is able to form a bond with the nanny and get used to mom and dad off somewhere else for extended periods of time.
“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.”
― John Lennon
Old 03-06-2014, 05:44 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
Amazing! Catherine and William could burn Buckingham palace down and people would find an excuse. I'm starting to see why so many have left this forum.
I'll be pretty upset if they burned down that palace .

I don't think anyone is making any excuses for the royal couple. William & Catherine also took a vacation to France just before their 2012 Jubilee Tour. I was thinking they would do the same this year. I also understand that they may have wanted to get away and be with each other for a while.

Maybe I'm different and weird but I just can't get upset over the thought of these people taking a little vacation. We all know they have many official engagements coming up when this tour kicks off and there will be official engagements coming up after the tour. So I do support a couple taking a little time to enjoy each other in the sun.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 03-06-2014, 05:58 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
Also, they could find the cure for cancer and people would find a way to criticize them.
Old 03-06-2014, 06:00 PM
Courtier

Since none of us live their life, or will EVER know anything like it, who are we to judge what they do or do not do. Could it be some are jealous of their ability to take these vacations?
Old 03-06-2014, 06:04 PM
Commoner

Who wouldn't want to take a vacation if you could afford it from this rotten cold?
Old 03-06-2014, 06:11 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladyelena View Post
Who wouldn't want to take a vacation if you could afford it from this rotten cold?
I was just thinking the same thing - the weather over here is cheering up a bit, but you never know when we might experience the cold and wet weather we've been having again. I would love to take a break and escape to the Maldives right now.

Back to William and Catherine, I don't really see a problem with this, because they don't have any royal engagements in their diaries until March 17, so it's not as if they're skipping them just to go on holiday, which is what everyone is making this sound like IMO.

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 03-06-2014, 06:13 PM
Commoner

I agree with Gertrude and HRHHermione. Well said.
Old 03-06-2014, 06:33 PM
Serene Highness

They've got to build up their strength before going on tour next mont. Those 3 engagements she's done this year will have taken a lot out of her. I mean, let them do what they want just don't complain when people call Kate in particular lazy. BTW someone should tell the Queen that Kate's stolen another one of her dresses-LOL!
Old 03-06-2014, 08:07 PM
Serene Highness

The interesting thing is, W&C are doing nothing that any other wealthy couple do, maybe THAT is what annoys people. I suspect there are many others who take these vacations and are never noticed simple because they are not as popular in the press. Certainly they are nothing like other families in those circles who seem to travel and vacation CONSTANTLY. Thus far this couple has done nothing flamboyant in terms of travel that should provoke such vitriol from "the masses".
Old 03-06-2014, 08:16 PM
Heir Apparent

There was a wonderful tweet today - a quote from disraeli

"how much easier it is to be critical than it is to be correct"

These two are not permanently on holiday.
They have only just taken on a nanny so Catherine has been looking after George on her own. (Stir crazy)
They have not cancelled any engagements in order to do this trip
They are not full time royals
This has not cost the Uk any more money than if they had stayed at home.
But they have hissed off the media cos they caught them out.

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 03-07-2014, 12:07 AM
Serene Highness

Angela:
They've got to build up their strength before going on tour next mont. Those 3 engagements she's done this year will have taken a lot out of her. I mean, let them do what they want just don't complain when people call Kate in particular lazy. BTW someone should tell the Queen that Kate's stolen another one of her dresses-LOL!

Are we perhaps a bit jealous of this royal way of life? We don't know what goes on behind closed doors or how much work it is to prepare for a month trip to foreign countries with all the engagements and arrangements to be made.....and a baby on top of it to take care of...W/C seem like hands on parents and don't have nannies and servants coming out of the woodwork to do their bidding......they might be in the position to have money to do as they please (and don't we all wish that, only I don't wish that position of her's for all the money in the world), they live their lives in the eye of constant criticism and it's be damned if you do and be damned if you don't, so there is no pleasing all the people all the time. I wish them well regardless of how many so called vacations, engagements or meetings, or visits..........or whatever. They live their life just like I live mine and I don't need to criticize them for doing what they do................
Old 03-07-2014, 12:18 AM
Royal Highness

I find it really sad, that she let her baby at home. He is too little to be without her mom. I can't understand it. I don't think that this vacation was soooo important. Mothers should have other priorities. IMO
Old 03-07-2014, 12:25 AM
Serene Highness

I Want to Be In The Maldives With W And C...

...well actually, they're only there for a week I see - not long enough for me really .
(But then I don't have a baby with - or not with - me.)
I really "tuned in" to the holiday photos from 2013's Mustique holiday - blue seas and palm trees, sunshine and no responsibilities.
And we got to see some actual W and C photos on the beach and in the waves too, which just made it all the more available to us in "general public land".
(This year's Mustique holiday didn't draw my interest as much - just the tarmac shots from the plane transfers - not as much to daydream about.)
For me, these private, high-end jaunts are about the last remaining "otherness" or mystique left.

I'm passed being excited about hairstyles, shoes, hats, evening gowns and earings.
Palaces and staff, paintings and the car always being clean when you get in it - plenty of pluses to the role.
It's being young, and having these top-of-the-range opportunities - that the average onlooker will not - that stires up comment.
Some people manage it after a life-time of work - but youth has gone.
Some people manage it while young - but after fighting tooth and nail to get to the top of the movie-star or pop-singer heap.

We know they're Royal, we know it's their own money and we know most of us are shut out - no matter how clever, good or hard-working we are.
Princess Margaret did the same, and had to wear the consequences.
Her sister sacrificed the balmy days away, and didn't become a target.
I still wish I was there too.
And you could pap me - a small price.

Cheers, Sun Lion.
Old 03-07-2014, 01:12 AM
Serene Highness

Just Read Report - 45 Villas For Maldives Holiday.

Forget my comment above re "Some people manage it after a life-time of work" -
I've just seen a report where the Duke and Duchess have the forty-five villa resort, where they are staying at in the Maldives, to themselves, (and their security I guess).
This is the "otherness"/mystique thing for me.
Sun Lion.

P.S. I saw a quote in a few places, a day or so ago, where W and C wanted to experience life like Australians - hence the choices on the Royal Tour intinerary.
Why?
Having a whole tropical resort to yourself is better, no?
Old 03-07-2014, 01:19 AM
Serene Highness

Prince George Not In Maldives - Yet NZ/Oz Tour Built Around Baby.

Not sure why baby Prince George not with his parents for a week, but the Royal Tour itinerary was said to be structured with him in mind, because he could not stay home in the UK.

Sun Lion.
Old 03-07-2014, 01:37 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Lion View Post
Not sure why baby Prince George not with his parents for a week, but the Royal Tour itinerary was said to be structured with him in mind, because he could not stay home in the UK.
Exactly - we were told that they couldn't leave him for more than a night or so and now they can leave him for a week.
If they can leave him for a week they can leave him in the UK and come here without putting us to the extra expense of having him here.
Old 03-07-2014, 01:39 AM
Majesty

She's only going to be gone a week? I don't necessarily admire Kate very much but the idea that when a woman has a baby she should never ever have any time to herself again until the child starts school or something is just wrong, imo.

I remember a horrible furor when Sarah Duchess of York went away to spend time with Prince Andrew when Beatrice was an infant. The finger wagging, abuse, and condemnation in the press and public was shocking and sickening. She was called "unfit mum" and the prediction was that her bond with Beatrice was broken, and that the baby was damaged for life.

Fast forward 25 years......
Old 03-07-2014, 01:42 AM
Imperial Majesty

We were told William's course was 10 weeks but he can take a week off in the middle of it - seems strange to me.
Something appears to be wrong because we are constantly being told one thing and then they do something else.
If the 'trusted advisers' are telling Kate to do nothing but holiday and William not much more then they are not very good at their job. The republicans are having a field day with this pair.

Closed Thread

Tags
the duchess of cambridge, the duke of cambridge