The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 08-16-2015, 03:01 PM
Commoner

How wonderful and now I can get my hearts content for wondering what gown, what tiara, what jewels she will be wearing........and more importantly where is George and Charlotte for they need a seat at that table. And will they serve baby food

Old 08-16-2015, 03:11 PM
Majesty

How exciting! I'm looking forward to seeing them take this important step in their royal duties. Catherine almost never disappoints when it comes to pulling out all the stops, so I'm not worried. And William in evening attire...*swoons*.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 08-16-2015, 03:52 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daria_S View Post
How exciting! I'm looking forward to seeing them take this important step in their royal duties. Catherine almost never disappoints when it comes to pulling out all the stops, so I'm not worried. And William in evening attire...*swoons*.

Daria S please curb that excitement level, no one wants you exhausted when the event happens:)
Old 08-16-2015, 04:16 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honeybees View Post
Daria S please curb that excitement level, no one wants you exhausted when the event happens:)
I promise to contain myself for now, but can't make any promises for the actual event .

Old 08-16-2015, 04:25 PM
Courtier

Daria S, that's good. Pace yourself and remember, I am here for you if it gets to much.
Old 08-16-2015, 04:31 PM
Royal Highness

We'll have to start a support group :P
Old 08-16-2015, 04:37 PM
Courtier

Dear H, we already have! I have said it before and I will say it again, its lovely to almost know such a kind, decent, fair group of people. I am here for you just as much as Daria S.
Old 08-17-2015, 12:27 AM
Heir Presumptive

Duke and Duchess of Cambridge Current Events 6: January 2014

Well Happy Early Birthday Present to me!!!

I can't wait for this and all of the build up. For me the big question won't be what Tiara, but if there'll be a Family Order pinned to her gown? After producing an Heir and Spare, but more importantly IMO, bringing William not only out of his shell, but also helping him grow in confidence when it comes to his Royal role has more than earned it for Kate IMO. The difference between William now and William pre Marriage is like night and day and I believe we have Kate to thank for part of that difference in confidence.

Personally, I thought the way Kate not only handled herself, but also kept William from going after the Press that was w/them, when those topless pics were released during the Pacific Tour more than warranted the RFO then. However, didn't happen.

BTW and just out of curiosity, Nico why do you think the only time outside of the Wedding we know of where Kate's wore a Tiara to be a fail? I mean, IMO it's kind of hard to even make an opinion considering we only got two pictures of her, in profile and in a car going through the BP gates. I'm just wondering why you'd think that since the photos we saw weren't the greatest IMO to make an opinion like that.

Old 08-17-2015, 04:35 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiggersk8 View Post

BTW and just out of curiosity, Nico why do you think the only time outside of the Wedding we know of where Kate's wore a Tiara to be a fail? I mean, IMO it's kind of hard to even make an opinion considering we only got two pictures of her, in profile and in a car going through the BP gates. I'm just wondering why you'd think that since the photos we saw weren't the greatest IMO to make an opinion like that.

It's precisely because these photos weren't good enough to show the Duchess in her full regalia attire that i think it was a missed opportunity. The tiara, and the dress, were barely visible and the face of the Duchess was far to be gracious. When Camilla was seen for the first time in a tiara, at least was had some decent pictures.
As you all,i have some expectations (maybe too much) for the Chinese State Banquet.
Old 08-17-2015, 09:45 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiggersk8 View Post
Well Happy Early Birthday Present to me!!!

I can't wait for this and all of the build up. For me the big question won't be what Tiara, but if there'll be a Family Order pinned to her gown? After producing an Heir and Spare, but more importantly IMO, bringing William not only out of his shell, but also helping him grow in confidence when it comes to his Royal role has more than earned it for Kate IMO. The difference between William now and William pre Marriage is like night and day and I believe we have Kate to thank for part of that difference in confidence.

Personally, I thought the way Kate not only handled herself, but also kept William from going after the Press that was w/them, when those topless pics were released during the Pacific Tour more than warranted the RFO then. However, didn't happen.

Well said! At the end of the day, it's more important to appreciate the person for his/her qualities and achievements rather than the clothing and jewels. Catherine has done a remarkable job in her role as a royal, as well as a supportive spouse for William. Like his father, he simply glows with happiness now.

Old 08-17-2015, 10:00 PM
Administrator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Posts discussing which tiara Kate should wear for the Chinese State Banquet have been moved to the http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...-25440-89.html thread in the Jewels Forum. Please continue that discussion there.

A few empty posts have also been deleted.
Old 08-17-2015, 10:21 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico View Post
It's precisely because these photos weren't good enough to show the Duchess in her full regalia attire that i think it was a missed opportunity. The tiara, and the dress, were barely visible and the face of the Duchess was far to be gracious. When Camilla was seen for the first time in a tiara, at least was had some decent pictures.

As you all,i have some expectations (maybe too much) for the Chinese State Banquet.

Ah, now I understand what you meant and am in total agreement. It is a shame we never really see anything from the Annual Diplomatic Reception, as it is a rather Major Event, but for some reason...!?!

Old 08-17-2015, 10:50 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
Cepe Smith ‏@CepeSmith 5h5 hours ago
The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge will attend the State Banquet for the Chinese President during October's State visit. Source: Sunday Times
This 'story' has been around at least since January 2015.

Has this been confirmed by Kensington Palace or Buckingham Palace?

Is this listed in the Court Circular under William or Kate?
Old 08-17-2015, 11:10 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen Camilla View Post
This 'story' has been around since at least since January 2015.

Has this been confirmed by Kensington Palace or Buckingham Palace?

Is this listed in the Court Circular under William or Kate?
Not confirmed but reported by a very reputable reporter from the Sunday Times who usually have been right.
Old 08-18-2015, 12:37 AM
Heir Apparent

Except for the George's godparents article where she only got one (Emilia) right😗

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
Old 08-18-2015, 10:57 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessRulz View Post
Posts discussing which tiara Kate should wear for the Chinese State Banquet have been moved to the http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...-25440-89.html thread in the Jewels Forum. Please continue that discussion there.

A few empty posts have also been deleted.
Apologies JessRules for my part in going off topic. In my defence I am not the first female to get sidelined by Diamonds, Pearls and emeralds. :) Forgive me.
Old 08-18-2015, 03:35 PM
Imperial Majesty

I'm wondering when Catherine's official engagements will be announced. It was said that her engagements is due to start up this month.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 08-18-2015, 11:01 PM
Administrator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Posts discussing the wedding in Devon over the weekend have been moved to the General News for the Cambridge Family Part 2: January 2015 thread. Just a reminder that the current events threads are for official engagements.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honeybees View Post
Apologies JessRules for my part in going off topic. In my defence I am not the first female to get sidelined by Diamonds, Pearls and emeralds. :) Forgive me.
No problem - it happens to the best of us!
Old 08-26-2015, 08:55 PM
Majesty

hola reports on a potential international tour happening in 2016 for W and K

El príncipe William y Kate Middleton preparan gira internacional para el próximo año
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 08-26-2015, 10:38 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
I'm wondering when Catherine's official engagements will be announced. It was said that her engagements is due to start up this month.

I have a feeling we won't hear anything until after HM's Milestone in a couple of weeks. Just to try and keep any of the "Trying to grab attention away from such an Important Milestone for The Queen." stupidity from happening in certain quarters of the Media.

Tags
the duchess of cambridge, the duke of cambridge