The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 07-20-2015, 06:25 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daria_S View Post
Oh, absolutely! The woman has social skills and confidence that would make my grad school advisor salivate, and demand that the woman pass those on to me, and one of the other students in the program who had self-confidence issues. One of my TAs used to tell me that I need to channel my 'inner Kate' whenever I had to deal with our principal. I could never do it, but boy, do I wish that I could. The children are drawn to her, and so is the rest of the public. As to caring what others think, yes, I care what my friends think. Just need to cut down on people who want to be nasty for no reason. And we can't forget William's people skills either. I tell you, those two would have done wonders for a lot of my students...

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app
I agree with you. I think it's good to care what friends think, but cut back on people who want to be nasty for no reason. No we can't forget William. The both of them with children- no words needed. I'm so thankful they both have the confidence they need, because no photos of them cuddling children would be awful. Inner Kate? I love it, but even if you did Daria, from what you told me, I'm not sure inner Kate would have an effect on this individual. I'm not even sure the real Kate and William could have an effect on that individual.

Old 07-20-2015, 06:49 PM
Majesty

Duke and Duchess of Cambridge Current Events 6: January 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by roseroyal View Post
I agree with you. I think it's good to care what friends think, but cut back on people who want to be nasty for no reason. No we can't forget William. The both of them with children- no words needed. I'm so thankful they both have the confidence they need, because no photos of them cuddling children would be awful. Inner Kate? I love it, but even if you did Daria, from what you told me, I'm not sure inner Kate would have an effect on this individual. I'm not even sure the real Kate and William could have an effect on that individual.
You're right, no one could have an effect on that individual, which is sad. As to the 'inner Kate', during my first year my TA noticed how I lacked confidence, especially in social situations, so she told me to think of someone I admire, and try to imagine what the person would do in a given situation. I tell you, that worked well when I was trying to handle children, but with adults, I just became myself, and everything went out the window. I have a feeling that if William, or Catherine ever read this, they would either be extremely amused, creeped out, or flattered. Guess it's good that I may not find out. Anyhow, soon we'll be seeing their amazing social skills in action. They do have an engagement coming up on Sunday. Can't wait.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 07-20-2015, 06:56 PM
Heir Apparent

I don't know what they would think either. Amused and flattered most likely. It would be easier to let your "inner Kate or inner William" come out with kids I think. Don't know why. I just do.
But I imagine you were Daria( loving, funny, fun) with the kids too.
Old 07-20-2015, 06:57 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
To be honest, Daria, I think they would be flattered to the max that they have made that kind of an impact on someone else's life.

These are two people that go through life just being themselves and there's no need for putting on airs or phoniness although I can imagine there are some days when they really have to work hard to put on a "game face" when they have something else on their minds (such as William in the Solomon Islands when those nasty shots of Kate came out). They have no need to look to any person or publication for self validation nor do I believe they seek to emulate or copy anyone else. These are people comfortable in their own skins and it shows.

Those two little sweeties have themselves some good role models I think.
“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.”
― John Lennon
Old 07-20-2015, 06:58 PM
Heir Apparent

Bingo, Osipi!
Old 07-20-2015, 07:15 PM
Majesty

Duke and Duchess of Cambridge Current Events 6: January 2014

Osipi and Rose, as always, you're right. Also, children are very easy, because they're genuine. It's not difficult to appease a child, especially if one has a natural talent, like William and Catherine. Children can judge character better than any adult, so if a person is phony, children won't gravitate to him/her. Honestly, because children usually love to play with me, I always worry when a child is wary, or takes a while to warm up. I know it's not personal, but it still gives me something to ponder about. As a teacher, I'm trained to reflect, and find areas that need improvement.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 07-20-2015, 09:41 PM
Heir Apparent

Of course, your'e just doing your job. You and I both know it's nothing personal. But of course you worry- you want to be the best teacher you can for one thing, and for another- these are children with special needs. You want to meet those needs, and help them grow as much as they can.
Honestly, and this may sound silly- give or take a hospital patient, a disabled person, and an animal or two-all my opinions of who William and Catherine are were formed when I watch them with children, and when I want new insight, I look at the reactions of children first who usually confirm my instincts. Children never lie. If William and Catherine were'nt the real deal, children wouldn't gravitate to them, and they wouldn't be able to do a thing about it. Children don't act- neither do William and Kate- you look at the photos- you know it's real. William and Catherine are genuine. I love seeing them with children.
Old 07-25-2015, 10:10 PM
Imperial Majesty

British Royals ‏@britishroyals 5h5 hours ago
Tomorrow William & Kate (@1851Trust Patron) will be in Portsmouth for @acwspmth. They'll meet teams & present medals. http://www.americascup.com/

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 07-26-2015, 07:33 AM
Heir Apparent

Racing has been cancelled for the day due to bad weather

Quote:
The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge braved the rain to cheer on Olympic gold medallist Sir Ben Ainslie and his crew as they race in the America's Cup World Series.

Fresh from celebrating Prince George's birthday on Wednesday, the keen sailors left their son and two-month-old daughter Princess Charlotte in the care of royal staff to travel to the south coast for a day of meeting the home and international teams, touring state of the art facilities and presenting medals to the winning crews.

It is the first official engagement for sailing fan Kate, who became Royal patron of the 1851 Trust in October, since Princess Charlotte's christening on July 5, and she is a committed supporter of Sir Ben's team.
Read more: Kate and William wear matching fleeces emblazoned with their NAMES as they brave rain to support Sir Ben Ainslie during America's Cup World Series in Portsmouth | Daily Mail Online

Editorial Photos, Celebrity, News, & Sports Images | Rex
Old 07-26-2015, 08:51 AM
Heir Apparent

Stop the presses, it appears the Duke has bought himself a new pair of jeans? Or have I just been inattentive?
Old 07-26-2015, 08:55 AM
Heir Apparent

I still have to understand if only the race has been cancelled or the whole day of engagements...
Old 07-26-2015, 08:58 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmirerUS View Post
Stop the presses, it appears the Duke has bought himself a new pair of jeans? Or have I just been inattentive?
Lol, I noticed that too. It's about time!

Too bad the sailing was cancelled. It was good seeing the Cambridge's together again. God knows when the next official joint engagement will be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty91charmed View Post
I still have to understand if only the race has been cancelled or the whole day of engagements...
I think the whole day was cancelled due to the weather. It seems like they just met the crew.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 07-26-2015, 08:59 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmirerUS View Post
I saw that as well! Wow! He looks GREAT!

The seem to still go on with visiting the teams and get shown the technologly. So hopefully they will go on and meet the kids as well :) Just that there will be no sailing or giving out medals :)
Old 07-26-2015, 09:22 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
Lol, I noticed that too. It's about time!

Too bad the sailing was cancelled. It was good seeing the Cambridge's together again. God knows when the next official joint engagement will be.

I think the whole day was cancelled due to the weather. It seems like they just met the crew.
Hope that means Kate and William has to come back again to see the race
Old 07-26-2015, 09:23 AM
Imperial Majesty

Kensington Palace ‏@KensingtonRoyal 4m4 minutes ago
The Duchess of Cambridge is presented with team shirts by families of @LandRoverBar team members #ACWSPortsmouth
https://twitter.com/KensingtonRoyal/...78896041250816

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 07-26-2015, 09:26 AM
Heir Apparent

David WilcockVerified @DavidWilcockPA
And @LandRoverBAR tops for #PrinceGeorge and #PrincessCharlotte as well #AmericasCup

https://twitter.com/DavidWilcockPA/s...80481202937856
Old 07-26-2015, 01:47 PM
Imperial Majesty

Video:
The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge's day supporting sailor Sir Ben Ainslie and his crew in the America's Cup World Series was blown off course by bad weather. Parts of William and Kate's itinerary had to be cancelled and new venues found for other events after heavy rain and blustery conditions swept into Portsmouth-

Home - ITNSource News

Richard Palmer ‏@RoyalReporter 3h3 hours ago
William and Kate hand out the prizes
https://twitter.com/RoyalReporter/st...08808991125504

Richard Palmer ‏@RoyalReporter 3h3 hours ago
Kate chats to Sir Ben Ainslie after presenting his British team, victorious in this first qualifying leg, with prizes
https://twitter.com/RoyalReporter/st...10180910190592

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 07-26-2015, 02:17 PM
Heir Apparent

Kate and William brave bad weather to support Sir Ben Ainslie in Portsmouth

Old 07-27-2015, 06:08 AM
Imperial Majesty

Video:
The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge's day supporting sailor Sir Ben Ainslie and his crew in the America's Cup World Series was blown off course by bad weather. Kate tried her hand at a sailing simulator after the royal couple joined Sir Ben for a tour of his Land Rover BAR team headquarters. Wearing personalised team kit with their titles written across the back, the couple were shown the gym where the hi-tec virtual reality simulator is situated-

Home - ITNSource News

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 07-27-2015, 06:33 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

PPE

PPE Agency

Tags
the duchess of cambridge, the duke of cambridge