Duke and Duchess of Cambridge Current Events 6: January 2014 - September 2016

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Duke and Duchess visited the US embassy today to sign a book of condolence for the Orlando victims

Hooray! As a Northern Irishwoman born and bred, it's lovely to see TRH return to NI for only the 2nd time.

I know posters here are for some reason obsessed with W&K's non-attendance at Royal Ascot (I mean, it's not a state occasion, it's just a bunch of horse races really), I'm personally thrilled that they chose to come over to our wee bit of the UK!

A personal bug bear of mine, Harry has not officially visited NI on even a single occasion (IIRC). He's visited many countries all over the globe on HM's behalf but not one of the 4 constituent parts of the UK. Very disappointing.

A personal bug bear of mine, Harry has not officially visited NI on even a single occasion (IIRC). He's visited many countries all over the globe on HM's behalf but not one of the 4 constituent parts of the UK. Very disappointing.

He has to be invited to go you realise that? :flowers:

You really expect me to believe that the reason that PH has never visited NI officially is because he's not been invited? Sorry, that just doesn't ring true. The Royal British Legion, on its own, would trip over itself to have PH appear at any of its events over here. How about the NI celebration of Armed Forces Day? Or visiting some recovering NI veterans?

I'd expect PH and his advisers to say to themselves, when fleshing out his diary for the months ahead, heck the one bit of the UK we've not even touched is NI. So let's put in place a day of engagements, the way HMQ or the PoW does. He'd be made more than welcome.

David Maxwell-
The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge at Hillsborough Garden Party
https://mobile.twitter.com/DavidGMaxwell/status/742733072752332801/photo/1

William and Catherine hand in hand during the garden party-
"she's been a joy from heaven."

I absolutely love that they are holding hands. I noticed them holding hands one year at Christmas as they were walking with members of the royal family to church. I have never observed any other couples in the Royal family holding hands, but I could have missed it.

So sweet to see them holding hands.

LaRae

I have a question, in Scotland they use their Scottish title Earl/Countess Strathearn, do they use Baron/Baroness Carrickfergus when in NI as it is their Irish title? Or do they use Cambridge?

Aren't they referred to by their title as it is where they are? Like Charles and Camilla? Seems like I read when they are in Scotland etc they are referred to by their Scottish titles instead of the PoW etc.

LaRae

I know in Scotland Camilla/Charles are HRH Duke and Duchess of Rothesy. And Will/Kate were Earl/Countess of Strathearn. I wasn't sure if the same protocol is followed in Northern Ireland. I don't think Charles has a NI title among his list. But Carrickfergus is NI for Will and Kate.

Hmmm I would tend to think yes, they are referred to as Earl and Countess of Carrickfergus. Do we have any local media sources to check and see how they titled them?

LaRae

I know in Scotland Camilla/Charles are HRH Duke and Duchess of Rothesy. And Will/Kate were Earl/Countess of Strathearn. I wasn't sure if the same protocol is followed in Northern Ireland. I don't think Charles has a NI title among his list. But Carrickfergus is NI for Will and Kate.

Prince Charles has the title of Earl of Carrick among his many titles ...which is his NI title. I don't recall If he has used it actually on trips to NI.

:previous: No, Carrick is Scottish. It is a secondary title, with Baron Renfrew and Lord of the Isles, to the Duke of Rothesy title. Carrick is in what is now Ayrshire on the West coast of Scotland.

Using Scottish titles in Scotland is just a way of placating the Scots and the mountain sized chip on their shoulders when it comes to England.

I would find it very odd if anyone here in NI referred to them as anything other than the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge. That's the title that everyone knows.

Using Scottish titles in Scotland is just a way of placating the Scots and the mountain sized chip on their shoulders when it comes to England.

I would find it very odd if anyone here in NI referred to them as anything other than the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge. That's the title that everyone knows.

The only example I can compare to to is The Duke of York who is also Baron Killyleagh he is always The Duke of York in Northern Ireland except when he visited Killyleagh just after his wedding.

I was at the Garden Party and was presented to The Duke of Cambridge. ImageUploadedByThe Royals Community1465982929.295080.jpgImageUploadedByThe Royals Community1465982945.514959.jpgImageUploadedByThe Royals Community1465982965.044977.jpg

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community

The only example I can compare to to is The Duke of York who is also Baron Killyleagh he is always The Duke of York in Northern Ireland except when he visited Killyleagh just after his wedding.

I was at the Garden Party and was presented to The Duke of Cambridge. View attachment 298834View attachment 298835View attachment 298836

Oh that's lovely! Did you get a moment to talk with him?

Thank you for sharing your photos

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

I was at the Garden Party and was presented to The Duke of Cambridge. View attachment 298834View attachment 298835View attachment 298836

It looked like it was a lovely setting and how exciting to actually be presented to a future King. Thank you for sharing your photos!
Do they serve food & tea like they do @ the BP garden parties?

It looked like it was a lovely setting and how exciting to actually be presented to a future King. Thank you for sharing your photos!
Do they serve food & tea like they do @ the BP garden parties?

Yes they do serve afternoon tea, strawberries and cream! It's a really lovely Garden Party much more intimate than the BP version.

Kensington Palace ‏@KensingtonRoyal
The Duke and Duchess will see the world's largest military air show #RIAT2016 @airtattoo at RAF Fairford on July 8.

Roya Nikkhah ‏@RoyaNikkhah
The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge will visit the Royal International Air Tattoo at RAF Fairford, Gloucestershire, on Friday 8th July

The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge have announced that they will be attending the Royal International Air Tattoo at RAF Fairford on Friday, July 8.

The Duchess, who is Patron of the Air Cadet Organisation, will be present as the airshow stages official celebrations marking the Air Cadets' 75th anniversary. Both she and the Duke will have the opportunity to meet some of the Air Cadets during their visit.

Andy Armstrong, Chief Executive of RAF Charitable Trust Enterprises, which runs the airshow, said it will be a great honour to welcome the Royal couple.
Read more: Royal Air Force Charitable Trust Enterprises - News: Air Tattoo Receives Royal Stamp of Approval

Last edited:
The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Prince George will attend the Royal International Air Tattoo @airtattoo today #RIAT2016

The @airtattoo is a fantastic family-orientated event. The Duke and Duchess know that George will enjoy seeing the aircraft up close.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom