The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 07-08-2015, 02:50 PM
Courtier

Nice to see William and Kate enjoying themselves, and it's nice to see Sophie there with them. too. Everyone looks lovely.

Old 07-08-2015, 07:41 PM
Heir Apparent

Kate and her faces at Wimbledon today LOL
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2015/...6360016934.jpg
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2015/...6360026639.jpg

great that she can cut into her maternity leave to attend this important event and support the British athletes. Wimbledon is always an event to see

Old 07-08-2015, 08:01 PM
Courtier

In that one picture where Kate and William are looking at each other he REALLY looks like his father!
Old 07-08-2015, 09:19 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by polyesco View Post
Kate and her faces at Wimbledon today LOL
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2015/...6360016934.jpg
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2015/...6360026639.jpg

great that she can cut into her maternity leave to attend this important event and support the British athletes. Wimbledon is always an event to see
I wasn't aware that a person on maternity leave could/should not go out of the house to an event. I may be mistaken but I'm sure I've known women on maternity leave who went out to dinner or to a movie ......
Old 07-08-2015, 09:36 PM
Imperial Majesty

Nice photo of William and Catherine:
World of Windsor : Photo

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 07-08-2015, 10:36 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
Nice photo of William and Catherine:
World of Windsor : Photo
Aww . No words. A very sweet photo.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 07-09-2015, 12:25 PM
Aristocracy

After the palace released how much is costs the POW for William and Kate to make public appearances, I don't think we will see them being working royal 24/7 in the near future.

If you want the couple to become full-time working royals, then the British government has to step up and fully fund their appearances, including security, clothes, travel etc. It is wrong to expect the POW to fund their public working royal lives.

Remember William and Harry's family life included parents who were always making appearances across Britain and the world. I am not saying either was a bad parent, but neither had a 9-5 job. Kate probably had family dinners almost every night. I get the impression that Kate's family life is what William wants for his family. And if Kate wants to focus on her children and organizations that are important to her, then more power to her.

I am glad to see pictures of the couple enjoying themselves.

I really don't understand the complaints. William and Harry seem to be really nice young men who try to give back to society.
Old 07-09-2015, 01:08 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess of Durham View Post
I wasn't aware that a person on maternity leave could/should not go out of the house to an event. I may be mistaken but I'm sure I've known women on maternity leave who went out to dinner or to a movie ......
in no way have i ever posted that she couldn't
I thought it was great she had a day out without kids
Old 07-09-2015, 01:13 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee27 View Post
After the palace released how much is costs the POW for William and Kate to make public appearances, I don't think we will see them being working royal 24/7 in the near future.

If you want the couple to become full-time working royals, then the British government has to step up and fully fund their appearances, including security, clothes, travel etc. It is wrong to expect the POW to fund their public working royal lives.

Remember William and Harry's family life included parents who were always making appearances across Britain and the world. I am not saying either was a bad parent, but neither had a 9-5 job. Kate probably had family dinners almost every night. I get the impression that Kate's family life is what William wants for his family. And if Kate wants to focus on her children and organizations that are important to her, then more power to her.

I am glad to see pictures of the couple enjoying themselves.

I really don't understand the complaints. William and Harry seem to be really nice young men who try to give back to society.
I'm always delighted to see the voice of reason when it comes to this issue. People don't think about the fact that William and Catherine (and Harry) are not their own bosses; they're at the mercy of their father, and grandmother, if you will. I also think that Her Majesty saw what happened with her grandsons' parents, and wanted to make sure it doesn't happen again by allowing William and Catherine to put their family first. I also agree that William wants his family life to be as close to that of the Middletons' as possible, and allowing himself and his wife only the status of part-time royals makes that possible. They both have organizations that they're very much involved with (even if mostly behind the scenes), and passionate about, so they're still active. However, to some, if they're not in parade like trained monkeys, smiling waving, and cutting ribbons three times a day, five days a week, they're seen as lazy, good-for-nothing parasites. Sad, but true.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 07-09-2015, 01:13 PM
Heir Presumptive

Well if Murray reaches the final, I'm hoping they'll attend again.

Old 07-09-2015, 01:44 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daria_S View Post
I'm always delighted to see the voice of reason when it comes to this issue. People don't think about the fact that William and Catherine (and Harry) are not their own bosses; they're at the mercy of their father, and grandmother, if you will. I also think that Her Majesty saw what happened with her grandsons' parents, and wanted to make sure it doesn't happen again by allowing William and Catherine to put their family first. I also agree that William wants his family life to be as close to that of the Middletons' as possible, and allowing himself and his wife only the status of part-time royals makes that possible. They both have organizations that they're very much involved with (even if mostly behind the scenes), and passionate about, so they're still active. However, to some, if they're not in parade like trained monkeys, smiling waving, and cutting ribbons three times a day, five days a week, they're seen as lazy, good-for-nothing parasites. Sad, but true.

Both of you and Lee have written excellent responses about the unusual situation that the BRF is in with an adult heir and adult heir-to-the-heir. This is Europe's largest group of working royals and the reasons to keeping the younger generation at a part-time basis for this point in time are continuously speculated upon. The cost factor that the PoW must cover some of the expenses for his sons and daughter-in-law's engagements is a reality. It doesn't surprise me that when they do perform engagements that there are often multiple ones in a day and they're typically busy for a week and then off.
Old 07-09-2015, 01:46 PM
Heir Apparent

Yes bravo to Lee and Daria! So well said.

LaRae
Old 07-09-2015, 04:10 PM
Imperial Majesty

Well, I'm not sure William and Catherine will be part-time royals for too long now. I think as long has they have a good balance of working around William's new job and their official duties for the next two years, they will be fine for the moment. William's SAR job in Wales presented problems with their official roles and it was becoming harder for him and Catherine to fulfill their royal duties.

It's going to take them many years to reach the working level of the likes of The Queen, Charles and Anne. I don't think anyone expects them to reach that level by tomorrow, but William and Catherine must be seen doing their official duties though.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 07-16-2015, 11:34 AM
Imperial Majesty

Royal Central ‏@RoyalCentral 2m2 minutes ago
William and Kate will attend the America's Cup World Series on 26th July in Portsmouth, meeting teams and watching them compete.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 07-16-2015, 12:33 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
THE Duke and Duchess of Cambridge are the VIP guests at next week’s America’s Cup World Series, The News can reveal.

The Royals will spend the last final day of the action next Sunday supporting the sailing spectacle.

Prince William and Kate will tour international team areas at Portsmouth naval base before the racing and meet team skippers and their crews.
More: Duke and Duchess of Cambridge to appear at America’s Cup World Series - Portsmouth News
Old 07-16-2015, 12:46 PM
Imperial Majesty

British Royals ‏@britishroyals 2m2 minutes ago
Kate (@1851Trust Patron) & William will meet teams, watch @acwspmth race & present medals on July 26th in Portsmouth

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 07-16-2015, 12:48 PM
Heir Apparent

William is probably going to reminded of his epic sailing defeat in NZ by the Kate 😋 . Plus we get to see Sir Ben again ⛵️

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
Old 07-16-2015, 12:55 PM
Heir Presumptive

I feel like William's new 4 days on, 4 days off schedule could allow him a great balance between his day job and his royal obligations.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app
Old 07-16-2015, 01:54 PM
Heir Apparent

He is definitely more closer to London than he was when he was stationed in Wales.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
Old 07-16-2015, 02:04 PM
Heir Apparent

More information on TRH's visit to Portsmouth

The Duke & Duchess of Cambridge to visit the Louis Vuitton America's Cup World Series Portsmouth - ACWS Portsmouth - 35th America's Cup

Closed Thread

Tags
the duchess of cambridge, the duke of cambridge