The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 07-07-2015, 10:21 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
Duchess Kate Blog ‏@HRHDuchesskate 4h4 hours ago
We'll see The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge at Wimbledon tomorrow. British number one Andy Murray will compete in the quarterfinal. #royal
A nice, light-hearted engagement, especially after the emotional roller-coaster of today.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 07-07-2015, 11:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
I think Catherine is doing fine in her role as William's wife and as a senior royal. There are times where I think her roles and duties do lack a bit of substance, clarity or relevance though. I'd like to see her have a more firm role.
I'm curious what charity or social issues Kate is most interested in. Given the amount of time she dated William and the years she's been married... I feel like we ought to have a firmer idea of what really interests her or what she is passionate about-outside her role as wife and mother. I think some of the criticism might lessen if she had a more focused role. And again this is not a criticism I actually like her a lot and I just want her to find a role within her Royal persona that fulfills her.

Old 07-07-2015, 11:33 PM
Heir Apparent

From her patronage choices and various speeches, she is interested in hospice care for children, children mental health, addiction, encouraging young people to participate in sports, art, natural history and sailing.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
Old 07-07-2015, 11:37 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavan View Post
I'm curious what charity or social issues Kate is most interested in. Given the amount of time she dated William and the years she's been married... I feel like we ought to have a firmer idea of what really interests her or what she is passionate about-outside her role as wife and mother. I think some of the criticism might lessen if she had a more focused role. And again this is not a criticism I actually like her a lot and I just want her to find a role within her Royal persona that fulfills her.
She supports charities that deal with children's hospices (EACH), I believe she also works with a charity called Place to Be, which deals with children's mental health, does some volunteering with Scouts, and she's involved with The Art Room, which provides art programs in schools. You'll probably get a better answer in the thread that deals specifically with her charities and patronage system, which can be found in this section of the forum. I think as time goes on, she'll get more and more patronage system, but now, she does a wonderful job with what she has. The small number of charities allows for a more hands-on approach, and a more personal touch. Her passion seems to be helping children, and she's absolutely amazing when interacting with them. I will apologize for any misinformation. I'm pulling the charities off of the top of my head if you will. Again, check her patronage system and charities thread.

Old 07-07-2015, 11:39 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippyboo View Post
From her patronage choices and various speeches, she is interested in hospice care for children, children mental health, addiction, encouraging young people to participate in sports, art, natural history and sailing.

You said it with less words than I. Well done! I'm so long-winded, that more often than not, I come out with novels for posts .

Old 07-08-2015, 12:15 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavan View Post
She's involved with a number of charities that she's very hands on with. I'd like to see her take on more firmer roles as a senior royal. It would be great to see her gain some honorary colonelcy's so she can form a relationship with her own regiments. Just more firmer roles and I know she can handle it.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 07-08-2015, 01:31 AM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Lets also not forget The Royal Foundation of The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Prince Harry which breaks its interests down into 3 primary groups. Conservation, The Armed Forces and Youth.
“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.”
― John Lennon
Old 07-08-2015, 02:18 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
Lets also not forget The Royal Foundation of The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Prince Harry which breaks its interests down into 3 primary groups. Conservation, The Armed Forces and Youth.
Yes, they are also busy with their Royal Foundation as well.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 07-08-2015, 04:57 AM
Heir Apparent

Can't wait for Kate in tennis whites, Murry's match starts around 1 PM
Old 07-08-2015, 05:31 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post
Can't wait for Kate in tennis whites, Murry's match starts around 1 PM

My guess is the Jaeger white with navy trim with her trusty navy blazer.
http://whatkatewore.com/2014/06/10/k...ritime-museum/
Old 07-08-2015, 09:21 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge were at Wimbledon to cheer on Andy Murray as he battled it out against Canada's Vasek Pospisil on Centre Court today.

Kate, who has long been a tennis fan, was elegant in a scarlet dress by L.K Bennett and looked relaxed and happy as she chatted to her 33-year-old husband while waiting for play to begin.

William and Kate's appearance on court comes a week after a memorable visit from the Duchess of Cornwall, who was left smiling after being presented with Murray's sweaty wristband.
More: Love all! William and Kate join cheer on Murray at Wimbledon... and Zara, Mike and David Beckham are there too | Daily Mail Online
Old 07-08-2015, 09:23 AM
Imperial Majesty

British Royals ‏@britishroyals 2m2 minutes ago
William & Kate in the royal box at #Wimbledon to watch Andy Murray (via @HuffPostUKPics)
https://twitter.com/britishroyals/st...54357954113536

Joe Little ‏@MajestyMagazine 7m7 minutes ago
The Duke and Duchess of #Cambridge welcome @andy_murray and @VasekPospisil on to Centre Court @Wimbledon #royal
https://twitter.com/MajestyMagazine/...54581133172736

Wimbledon ‏@Wimbledon 25m25 minutes ago
WATCH Welcome back to The Championships, The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge #Wimbledon
https://twitter.com/Wimbledon/status/618750322513694720

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 07-08-2015, 09:28 AM
Heir Apparent

Love the red dress...great color on her!

LaRae
Old 07-08-2015, 09:29 AM
Heir Apparent

Zara and Mike look quite smart too....

LaRae
Old 07-08-2015, 09:38 AM
Imperial Majesty

I've missed seeing William and Catherine on official engagements. Other than the Christening and Trooping, it seems like it's been a long time.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 07-08-2015, 11:04 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Its unfortunate that Kate has time to attend a tennis match but not to attend the serious event 7/7 together with Prince William.
Old 07-08-2015, 11:08 AM
Heir Apparent

Duke and Duchess of Cambridge Current Events 6: January 2014

She's on maternity leave. Other than William and Andrew no one else did an engagement concerning the 7/7 bombings. And if she did go with him, the papers will be more about her clothes than the event she is going to.

Old 07-08-2015, 11:12 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
Its unfortunate that Kate has time to attend a tennis match but not to attend the serious event 7/7 together with Prince William.
The people that were organizing the memorial for,yesterday mentioned that the survivors/those who,were attending specifically asked for William, not for William and Catherine. Therefore, she couldn't have just shown up. Please, don't get your panties in a twist.

Old 07-08-2015, 11:28 AM
Heir Presumptive

My guess is that it's because this was a ten year anniversary event. William did work with the survivors right after the attack happened, right? Maybe he knows some of them, and it was more appropriate for him to do this alone

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app
Old 07-08-2015, 11:28 AM
Imperial Majesty

I see The Countess of Wessex has joined William & Catherine in the Royal Box at Wimbledon.

Well, it will be great once the Cambridge's return to their joint engagements. Catherine resumes her official duties going into next month. I've missed them.

Love all! William and Kate giggle affectionately as they cheer on Andy Murray at Wimbledon... and Zara, Sophie Wessex and David Beckham are there too-
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/ar...ckham-too.html

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Closed Thread

Tags
the duchess of cambridge, the duke of cambridge