The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 03-17-2015, 08:43 AM
Heir Apparent

Duchess of Cambridge presents shamrocks to Irish Guard soldiers to mark St Patrick's Day | Royal | News | Daily Express
Quote:
THE Duke and Duchess of Cambridge were guests of honour at the annual Irish Guards' St Patrick's Day parade in Aldershot today.

Prince William, 32, was there as Colonel of the regiment and Kate, 33, wearing a gold shamrock brooch given to the Queen Mother by the Irish Guards, presented the traditional sprigs of shamrocks to officers, guardsmen, and the regimental mascot, Domhnall, a three-year-old Irish wolfhound.

In a Catherine Walker coat and Lock & Co hat, the Duchess was following a century-old tradition inaugurated in 1901 by Edward VII's wife, Queen Alexandra, of a senior female member of the Royal Family presenting the shamrock.

For many years the Queen Mother carried out the duty.
Princess on parade! Pregnant Duchess of Cambridge presents the Irish Guards with their traditional St. Patrick's Day shamrocks | Daily Mail Online
Quote:
After spending last week meeting artists in Margate and the cast of Downton Abbey in London, the Duchess of Cambridge was back on military duty today as she joined Prince William for the traditional St. Patrick's Day visit to the Irish Guards.

Kate, 33, is eight months pregnant but showed no signs of fatigue as she arrived looking every inch the yummy mummy in a brown coat by Catherine Walker, a hat by the Duchess of Cornwall's favourite milliner, Lock & Co and brown suede shoes by Emmy London.

Once inside the Guards' Mons Barracks in the Hampshire town of Aldershot, the Duchess, who was also wearing a gold Irish Guards Brooch that once belonged to the Queen Mother, sat smiling as she watched 200 men from the battalion put through their paces on the Parade Square.

Old 03-17-2015, 09:19 AM
Heir Apparant
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Week Team Member

Hello: Kate Middleton and Prince William celebrate St Patrick's Day - hellomagazine.com

Getty Images: The Duke And Duchess Of Cambridge Attend St Patrick's Day Parade At Mons Barracks

Old 03-17-2015, 10:20 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Belga

Belga Image - Editorial
Old 03-17-2015, 11:27 AM
Heir Apparent

The Duchess of Cambridge gives out shamrocks to soldiers from the Irish Guards on St Patrick's Day, but has problems with their mascot dog.
Old 03-17-2015, 01:31 PM
Heir Apparent

A dog with a Twitter account??
What would Siegfried Farnon say?
As always, loved the Duchess with kids.
Old 03-17-2015, 01:38 PM
Imperial Majesty

Video:
The Duchess of Cambridge has presented officers and guardsmen from the 1st Battalion Irish Guards with sprigs of shamrock today, in a traditional ceremony marking St Patrick’s Day. Accompanied by her husband Prince William, Her Royal Highness also met the regiment’s Irish wolfhound mascot ‘Domhnall’, before posing for a formal photograph at Mons Barracks in Aldershot-

Home - ITNSource News

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 03-17-2015, 03:05 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by roseroyal View Post
A dog with a Twitter account??
What would Siegfried Farnon say?
As always, loved the Duchess with kids.
Siegfried would complain that there are too many pets and then go out and adopt one himself.
Old 03-17-2015, 04:30 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLLK View Post
Siegfried would complain that there are too many pets and then go out and adopt one himself.

And he would also add that dogs were not to be spoilt either, all while engaging the hound in some sort of interaction. Those scenes in the show never failed to make me laugh.

As to the engagement itself, I'm always happy to see this couple among the people. They have so much charisma.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 03-17-2015, 05:19 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daria_S View Post
And he would also add that dogs were not to be spoilt either, all while engaging the hound in some sort of interaction. Those scenes in the show never failed to make me laugh.

As to the engagement itself, I'm always happy to see this couple among the people. They have so much charisma.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app
Exactly right both of you. I loved those scenes in the show too. Love him.
As to the Royals Daria- you and me both!
Old 03-17-2015, 06:39 PM
Heir Presumptive

Roseroyal-Watching "All Creatures Great and Small" was the only time my parents permitted us to watch television during dinner on Sunday evenings. We loved those episodes.
Old 03-17-2015, 07:25 PM
Imperial Majesty

Pregnant Duchess of Cambridge in spot of bother over hound's St Patrick's Day shamrock-
Duchess of Cambridge presents shamrocks to Irish Guards to mark St Patrick's Day | Royal | News | Daily Express

What Would Kate Do @WWKD_Official · 7h 7 hours ago
“@British_Spare: "I need to stop bending down & have a sit down," Kate tells a mum today after standing for an hour

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 03-17-2015, 08:07 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Roseroyal-Watching "All Creatures Great and Small" was the only time my parents permitted us to watch television during dinner on Sunday evenings. We loved those episodes.
Your parents had great taste.
Old 03-17-2015, 08:25 PM
Heir Presumptive

I now have the show's theme music running through my head.
Old 03-17-2015, 08:31 PM
Heir Apparent

Your'e welcome.
Old 03-18-2015, 01:37 PM
Heir Apparent

Joe Little ‏@MajestyMagazine 3 mins3 minutes ago
The Duchess of Cambridge is not done just yet. She and William have three engagements in south London on 27 March!

Richard Palmer ‏@RoyalReporter 4 mins4 minutes ago
The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge will visit the Stephen Lawrence Centre in Deptford, XLP in Gipsy Hill, and the XLP studio in Sydenham.

Kensington Palace ‏@KensingtonRoyal 2 mins2 minutes ago
On 27 Mar The Duke & Duchess of Cambridge will undertake 3 engagements supporting development opportunities for young people in South London
Old 03-18-2015, 02:06 PM
Heir Apparent

Looking forward to it! The COW and probably Robert Hardy one day- Duke and Duchess the next! Yay!
I see 2 engagements. What's the 3rd one?
Old 03-18-2015, 02:08 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by roseroyal View Post
Looking forward to it! The COW and probably Robert Hardy one day- Duke and Duchess the next! Yay!
I see 2 engagements. What's the 3rd one?
Took me a few reads:

Stephen Lawrence Centre in Deptford,
XLP in Gipsy Hill,
and the XLP studio in Sydenham
Old 03-18-2015, 02:11 PM
Heir Apparent

Thank you! I couldn't figure it out even after a few reads!
Old 03-18-2015, 03:02 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post
Joe Little ‏@MajestyMagazine 3 mins3 minutes ago
The Duchess of Cambridge is not done just yet. She and William have three engagements in south London on 27 March!

Richard Palmer ‏@RoyalReporter 4 mins4 minutes ago
The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge will visit the Stephen Lawrence Centre in Deptford, XLP in Gipsy Hill, and the XLP studio in Sydenham.

Kensington Palace ‏@KensingtonRoyal 2 mins2 minutes ago
On 27 Mar The Duke & Duchess of Cambridge will undertake 3 engagements supporting development opportunities for young people in South London
Great to see the calendar continuing to be populated.
Old 03-18-2015, 03:22 PM
Heir Apparent

Anna's blog from yesterday- great job Anna!

HRH The Duchess of Cambridge: The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge attended the St Patrick's Day Parade at Mons Barracks in Aldershot

Closed Thread

Tags
the duchess of cambridge, the duke of cambridge