The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 02-08-2015, 10:03 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippyboo View Post
The Baftas aren't aired live in the UK. It's on tape delay. The same thing in America. No announced attendance from Prince William this year from KP or BAFTA.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
Huh, I just assumed it was :P Don't know why. When is it usually taped?

Old 02-08-2015, 10:43 AM
Heir Apparent

It's today. They are live streaming the red carpet arrivals over the Internet starting at 5pm London time. It airs at 9pm UK time. BBC America airs it at 8pm US Eastern Time.

Old 02-08-2015, 10:46 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippyboo View Post
It's today. They are live streaming the red carpet arrivals over the Internet starting at 5pm London time. It airs at 9pm UK time. BBC America airs it at 8pm US Eastern Time.

Ok, I get it now :P It is today but doesn't air live. Now I'm up to date. I guess they could be there unannounced (one can always hope!), but I highly doubt it.
Old 02-08-2015, 05:34 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by hernameispekka View Post
Ok, I get it now :P It is today but doesn't air live. Now I'm up to date. I guess they could be there unannounced (one can always hope!), but I highly doubt it.
Then it means that they were expected to attend, or William was expected to do so, otherwise they wouldn't have announced him as presiding at the 2015 Bafta's. I wonder how that level of miscommunication occurred?

It's a curiosity.
Old 02-08-2015, 05:38 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Nimue View Post
Then it means that they were expected to attend, or William was expected to do so, otherwise they wouldn't have announced him as presiding at the 2015 Bafta's. I wonder how that level of miscommunication occurred?

It's a curiosity.
That's weird... Could it be that only the people doing the commercial got it wrong? :P Or something... They wouldn't pull out last minute. And their trip wasn't last minute either.
Old 02-08-2015, 05:47 PM
Nobility

I think William's contribution may have been taped based on this from the live BBC reporting
Bafta Film Awards 2015 - BBC News

"Dickie bow Posted at 20:27
Bafta paid tribute to film-maker Lord Attenborough, who died in August last year, with contributions from Prince William and Robert Downey Jr, who was nominated for an Oscar for his role as Chaplin in the Attenborough film of the same name."

Edited to add another link: http://www.itv.com/news/topic/richard-attenborough/
Old 02-08-2015, 05:52 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by csw View Post
I think William's contribution may have been taped based on this from the live BBC reporting
Bafta Film Awards 2015 - BBC News

"Dickie bow Posted at 20:27
Bafta paid tribute to film-maker Lord Attenborough, who died in August last year, with contributions from Prince William and Robert Downey Jr, who was nominated for an Oscar for his role as Chaplin in the Attenborough film of the same name."
Mystery solved! Amazing what one can get into on a weekend when one is ill and bed-bound.
Old 02-08-2015, 05:53 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Nimue View Post

It's a curiosity.
Who announced he was "presiding". He is the President but in the UK he was never slated to attend.

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 02-08-2015, 07:06 PM
Nobility

Here's the video of William's taped contribution:
I tried to just post the link but it embedded the video when I did. I hope this doesn't violate the rules.

Old 02-08-2015, 07:24 PM
Administrator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

YouTube links are set to automatically embed themselves. It is perfectly within the rules

Thanks for the video!
Old 03-10-2015, 07:20 AM
Heir Apparent

Roya Nikkhah ‏@RoyaNikkhah
The Duke & Duchess of Cambridge will visit the 1st Battalion Irish Guards at the St Patrick's Day Parade, Mons Barracks, Aldershot, March 17
Old 03-10-2015, 07:47 AM
Heir Apparent

This was expected since it will be certainly Kate's last official engagement!
Old 03-10-2015, 08:04 AM
Imperial Majesty

James Brookes @james_elliott_ 50m 50 minutes ago
New engagement for #DuchessOfCambridge: She'll present sprigs of shamrocks to 1st Battalion Irish Guards at Mons Barracks on 17 March.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 03-10-2015, 08:40 AM
Heir Apparent

I am sooooo glad. This is a favorite for me. Kate and Wills and Dohmnall together on the 17th. Woof! And I love Kate in green. And Wills in his Irish Dress Uniform? And clumps of shamrocks and getting shoes caught in drain grates and.... I will shut up now.
Old 03-10-2015, 09:07 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
James Brookes @james_elliott_ 50m 50 minutes ago
New engagement for #DuchessOfCambridge: She'll present sprigs of shamrocks to 1st Battalion Irish Guards at Mons Barracks on 17 March.
YES!! I was hoping, but it wasn't a sure thing. I love that she will be able to do it. :)
Old 03-10-2015, 09:43 AM
Super Moderator

This is good news and then afterwards it will be the final countdown to the birth!
Old 03-10-2015, 10:39 AM
Heir Apparant
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Week Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post
Roya Nikkhah ‏@RoyaNikkhah
The Duke & Duchess of Cambridge will visit the 1st Battalion Irish Guards at the St Patrick's Day Parade, Mons Barracks, Aldershot, March 17
"Hello" Kate Middleton will attend St Patrick's Day parade - hellomagazine.com
Old 03-16-2015, 05:51 PM
Imperial Majesty

Royal Central @RoyalCentral 3h 3 hours ago
William and Kate join the Irish Guards at Mons Barracks for traditional St Patrick's Day celebrations tomorrow. Kate will hand out shamrocks

RKD @RoyalKateDebate 2m 2 minutes ago
Reminder: Kate and William are in Aldershot for the annual St Patrick's Day engagement tomorrow. Usually starts at 11ish ��

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 03-16-2015, 10:31 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmirerUS View Post
I am sooooo glad. This is a favorite for me. Kate and Wills and Dohmnall together on the 17th. Woof! And I love Kate in green. And Wills in his Irish Dress Uniform? And clumps of shamrocks and getting shoes caught in drain grates and.... I will shut up now.

And Irish Wolfhound Mascot trying to lick Kate's face while she's attaching the shamrocks to his collar. . Wonder if he'll try again tomorrow?

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app
Old 03-17-2015, 08:42 AM
Administrator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

First photos of the Irish Guards St Patrick's Day event, from the Twitters of Kensington Palace and Richard Palmer:

One ** Two ** Three

Richard Palmer ‏@RoyalReporter 28m28 minutes ago
Kate's wearing a brown Catherine Walker coat and hat by Lock & Co.

Tags
the duchess of cambridge, the duke of cambridge