Duke and Duchess of Cambridge Current Events 6: January 2014 - September 2016

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think they are very real...and it comes across.

LaRae

I love these pictures. I love this couple. They are so.... Don't know the word!

You and me both. But no words are needed when it comes to this couple. Their actions, and the photographs/videos speak for themselves.

I think they are very real...and it comes across.

LaRae

Absolutely. They always appear genuine, but it comes across even more prominently when they're interacting with members of the general public. I think they're very aware of where they're needed, and they make sure to help as much as they can. Being so willing to meet with people from all walks of life, and with some very sensitive issues that are generally not talked about takes a lot of heart, and William and Catherine appear to have very, very big hearts. They're not afraid to show emotion, or to share themselves itch those who,are,in need of a listening ear, and a little bit of kindness. People forget that to people who are in pain, a few minutes of someone showing that s/he cares goes a long way.

Bless them. That's all I can say.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

That one girl's school wouldn't let her come back because they were scared her Bi Polar was contagious!?!

My Good Lord...That right there proves just how important William and Kate taking Mental Health on as one of their causes is so very important.

Just...That's going to be staying w/me for quite awhile. :(

That one girl's school wouldn't let her come back because they were scared her Bi Polar was contagious!?!

My Good Lord...That right there proves just how important William and Kate taking Mental Health on as one of their causes is so very important.

I agree! So insane!! I mean... those pepole are supposed to be teaching people things but it sounds like they need to be taught a lesson or two!

I agree; ignorance like that is the reason so many people with mental illness feel ashamed, and isolated. William and Catherine are doing a great deal of good by raising awareness. Knowledge is power.

Video:
William and Kate visited Harrow College, London, in support of mental health issues on World Mental Health Day. They met young people who have overcome their own personal experiences as well as volunteers-

Home - ITNSource News

Victoria Murphy ‏@QueenVicMirror
William and Kate's day of engagements in Dundee next Friday announced. It will focus on the mental wellbeing of young people

Victoria Arbiter ‏@victoriaarbiter
William & Kate are to make their 1st official visit to Dundee on Oct. 23. The day will include a public walkabout & a number of engagements.

BAFTA @BAFTA
The Duke and Duchess Of Cambridge will meet the BAFTA Young Game Designers winners next week:

London, 14 October: Their Royal Highnesses The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge will meet the winners of a UK-wide BAFTA game design competition for 10 to18 year-olds during a visit to Dundee on Friday 23 October.

The meeting, at Abertay University, will be the highlight of an event hosted by the British Academy of Film and Television Arts (BAFTA) to showcase its support for new talent in the games industry. HRH The Duke of Cambridge is President of BAFTA.
Read more: BAFTA To Host The Duke And Duchess Of Cambridge At Young Game Designers Event At Abertay University, Dundee | BAFTA

Last edited:
Pretty exciting to see then doing a public walkabout- it's been a long time since they did one

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

Victoria Murphy ‏@QueenVicMirror
William and Kate's day of engagements in Dundee next Friday announced. It will focus on the mental wellbeing of young people

Victoria Arbiter ‏@victoriaarbiter
William & Kate are to make their 1st official visit to Dundee on Oct. 23. The day will include a public walkabout & a number of engagements.

BAFTA @BAFTA
The Duke and Duchess Of Cambridge will meet the BAFTA Young Game Designers winners next week:

Read more: BAFTA To Host The Duke And Duchess Of Cambridge At Young Game Designers Event At Abertay University, Dundee | BAFTA

Excellent news! Really looking forward to seeing them work their magic, and bring attention to the issue of mental health.

William and Catherine Taking Part in Workshop with See Me

We are delighted to announce that the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge will be visiting Scotland to continue their work to tackle the stigma of mental health in young people.

On October 23rd they will take part in a workshop in Dundee with a number of young people who are using their experiences of mental health conditions to lead a change in the way people their age perceive mental health.

Earlier this year The Duchess spoke about the problem of mental health stigma preventing children from getting the help they need, and both visited volunteers from Mind and Time to Change on World Mental Health day.

The Duke and Duchess will be meeting See Me volunteers at the Dundee Rep Theatre.
Read more: https://www.seemescotland.org/news/royal-couple-taking-part-in-workshop-with-see-me/

Thousands are expected to line the streets to meet the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge as they make their first official visit to Dundee.

William and Kate will spend a full day in the city on Friday October 23, making a string of appearances and staging a public walkabout.
Read more: Thousands expected to line streets as William and Kate make their first Dundee visit - Dundee / Local / News / The Courier

Last edited:
There was delight in Dundee following the announcement that Prince William and Kate are to make their first official visit to the city.

The Earl and Countess of Strathearn, as they are known in Scotland, met while studying at nearby St Andrews University.

It has been revealed that the Royal couple are coming to Dundee next Friday.

High on the agenda is the mental wellbeing of young people, with the majority of engagements centred around the issue.

Lord Provost Bob Duncan, who as Lord Lieutenant is the city’s representative to the Queen, said: “I am delighted that the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge are coming to Dundee. I think it will greatly benefit the city’s young people, especially those who are dedicating time to raising awareness and tackling mental health issues.

“Many young people will have the chance to meet with William and Kate and share their stories and I think it will have a positive and lasting impact on both the city and issues surrounding mental health.”
Read more: Prince William and Kate's visit to Dundee will 'benefit young people' - Evening Telegraph

We are delighted to announce that the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge will meet the Mental Health Foundation staff as part of their visit to Scotland this Friday.

During a visit to Dundee Rep Theatre, they will hear about the Scottish Mental Health Arts and Film Festival, led by the Mental Health Foundation. They will also meet A Blank Canvas and Jabuti Theatre who are touring their work, In Her Shadows, as part of this year’s Festival.
Read more: Scottish Mental Health Arts and Film Festival - Royal Couple meeting the Mental Health Foundation in Scotland

Prince William and his wife Kate have said they are “delighted” to be visiting Dundee on Friday.

The royal couple will spend an entire day in the city, making a string of appearances with a focus on young people and mental health.

There will be a number of opportunities for the wider public to meet the couple, with the mid-morning visit to the Rep Theatre and afternoon visit to the Discovery providing the “best opportunities”.
Read more: William and Kate ‘delighted’ to be visiting Dundee - Dundee / Local / News / The Courier

DM is good for pics

She may have been busy hosting Chinese president Xi Jinping and his glamorous wife Peng Liyuan over the past few days but there was no rest for the Duchess of Cambridge as she journeyed to Dundee with her husband on Friday.

Resplendent in a bespoke blue coat by Scottish designer, Christopher Kane, and suede knee length boots, the mother-of-two joined Prince William to highlight mental health issues affecting young people on their first official visit to Dundee on Friday.

The royal style icon, who showcased a healthy glow, accessorised her look with coordinating blue drop earrings and suede gloves.

The visit focuses on the mental wellbeing of youngsters, which is a major priority for William and Kate, both 33, who are known as The Earl and Countess of Strathearn in Scotland.
Read more: Brilliant in blue! Glamorous Duchess of Cambridge wears bespoke Christopher Kane coat as she and Prince William arrive for first official visit to Dundee* | Daily Mail Online

Last edited:
I loved the little nugget that William and Kate stayed at the Hotel at the Old Course at St Andrews last night.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

I loved the little nugget that William and Kate stayed at the Hotel at the Old Course at St Andrews last night.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
I agree. Very sweet! :) Must bring back alot of good memories for them! :)

Busy week for them. I wonder, does William go back to work next week?

LaRae

LaRae

That is something we won't know. I don't think his shifts are structured to what we usually see as a work week. Usually here in the States, the work week is 5 days a week at 8 hours a day to get in a 40 hour work week. From experience here in WV, a rescue team could be on duty for 2 24 hour shifts a week and have 48 hours logged.

I'm not sure what the regulations are (the maximum amount of duty pulled in one shift etc.) and how they draw up the roster but I don't think we can assume that it is what we would call a normal work week. With a schedule like I've mentioned, it is very possible that William can schedule things such as the time for the Chinese state visit and other engagements he's participated in and still do a full duty roster with EAAA if they go by a monthly quota as some places do.

Of course, all this is my own supposition but its very possible that this is how its done.

LaRae
I guess he will work these days in between tomorrow and the engagements coming up(including Bond premiere). I think he worked when the rugby game was that he didn't go to etc. He must have had like... 3 day off this month so far or something :p

That is something we won't know. I don't think his shifts are structured to what we usually see as a work week. Usually here in the States, the work week is 5 days a week at 8 hours a day to get in a 40 hour work week. From experience here in WV, a rescue team could be on duty for 2 24 hour shifts a week and have 48 hours logged.

I'm not sure what the regulations are (the maximum amount of duty pulled in one shift etc.) and how they draw up the roster but I don't think we can assume that it is what we would call a normal work week. With a schedule like I've mentioned, it is very possible that William can schedule things such as the time for the Chinese state visit and other engagements he's participated in and still do a full duty roster with EAAA if they go by a monthly quota as some places do.

Of course, all this is my own supposition but its very possible that this is how its done.

I think the EAAA work has become unpredictable. Originally, we assumed a 4 on 4 off rotation which matched almost flawlessly through August. Now, there is no way to know if he is 4 on 8 off or something else. Probably something else.
I doubt EAAA much cares as I am sure increased donations more than cover his salary. I'm sure they have figured out something that does not make scheduling for his fellow pilots a complete mess.
And this is off topic, so we need to take it elsewhere if we continue?

Paul Ward @paulward21
It was William to the rescue as a woman slipped over when greeting the royal couple. "Don't worry, I've done it many times" he told her @PA

Last edited:
I think the EAAA work has become unpredictable. Originally, we assumed a 4 on 4 off rotation which matched almost flawlessly through August. Now, there is no way to know if he is 4 on 8 off or something else. Probably something else.
I doubt EAAA much cares as I am sure increased donations more than cover his salary. I'm sure they have figured out something that does not make scheduling for his fellow pilots a complete mess.
And this is off topic, so we need to take it elsewhere if we continue?
Well. Since they said that he would go down to 2/3 scheduel it fits nicely that it seems more irregular now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom