The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 02-07-2015, 02:28 PM
Heir Apparent

I'm sorry, I thought it was official... It seems strange indeed

Old 02-07-2015, 02:29 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty91charmed View Post
I'm sorry, I thought it was official... It seems strange indeed
Why strange? Anyone can hire Kensington Palace. Fingers crossed anyway

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 02-07-2015, 02:30 PM
Heir Apparent

Oh - I see...
Old 02-07-2015, 02:31 PM
Heir Apparent

Jordon Lee ‏@JordonLee 41 min41 minuti fa
Duke and Duchess of Cambridge will hold a pre-BAFTA reception at Kensington Palace tonight

Don't know if it is reliable! I thought they still were in Mustique!
Old 02-07-2015, 02:33 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty91charmed View Post
Jordon Lee ‏@JordonLee 41 min41 minuti fa
Duke and Duchess of Cambridge will hold a pre-BAFTA reception at Kensington Palace tonight

Don't know if it is reliable! I thought they still were in Mustique!
Me neither. I could understand if there is confusion because of the use of Kensington Palace.

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 02-07-2015, 02:34 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by cepe View Post
Me neither. I could understand if there is confusion because of the use of Kensington Palace.
Plus these rumours spread just an hour ago or so! It seems the source was hello! magazine

I guess you're right cepe!

more tweets:
British Royals ‏@britishroyals 40 min40 minuti fa
NO confirmation that Will&Kate are hosting BAFTA party tonight (likely just a rumour).However the event will take place at Kensington Palace

What Would Kate Do ‏@WWKD_Official 43 min43 minuti fa

Sadly, we do not expect to see pictures. It seems to be a very private event.
Old 02-07-2015, 02:38 PM
Heir Apparent

Darn! ....
Old 02-07-2015, 02:43 PM
Royal Highness

Could be, but probably not. They wouldn't throw a private event if they were at home. If they did something with BAFTA they would be at the main event. Or that seems more realistic. But would be funny if they come home tonight and run into some celebs in the driveway :P
Old 02-07-2015, 09:00 PM
Heir Presumptive

Considering William is President of BAFTA, and this is at KP, I can understand how people would assume they'd be at this event. Still...If true, you'd think there would have been a prior announcement about it.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app
Old 02-07-2015, 10:28 PM
Heir Apparent

Duke and Duchess of Cambridge Current Events 6: 1 January 2014

The State Rooms of KP are available to rent out through the Historical Royal Palaces people. The HRP runs the public section of KP, the Tower of London, Hampton Court and a few more other places. Maybe the BAFTAS got a discount with William as their President.

I do think we would have gotten an announcement if they were going beforehand especially now the KP has it own Twitter account

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
Old 02-07-2015, 10:59 PM
Heir Presumptive

This is very unusual, then, if William doesn't attend. Just now I saw an ad for the 2015 Bafta Awards Show on a local PBS station, with Prince William as one of the speakers/presenters being touted, due to air tomorrow night (Sunday). How embarrassing if William doesn't actually show up because he scheduled to be on holiday in Mustique. Oooops!
Old 02-08-2015, 12:36 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Too bad there is no confirmation but keeping high hopes that it's a last minute appearance.
Old 02-08-2015, 12:51 AM
Imperial Majesty

Usually, it's announced that William will attend the BAFTA's ceremony a bit in advanced. Then again, although he's President, he don't always attend.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 02-08-2015, 08:01 AM
Royal Highness

I think we thought they were going last year but they didn't

Old 02-08-2015, 08:43 AM
Heir Apparent

I think they're still in Mustique since the reported date of their return was said to be February 9th, that is, tommorow... At this point some piece of news or info would have already come out if at least William was there...
Old 02-08-2015, 08:50 AM
Heir Apparent

Kate isn't involved with the BAFTAs and William doesn't attend every year anyway. He was at the awards show last year so I don't expect an appearance this year.
Old 02-08-2015, 09:30 AM
Heir Apparent

Kate has gone to a Bafta event before- the black tie event in LA was a Bafta event. She also has gone to multiple Tusk events so her going along on William's events is possible.

However, last year it was announced before that William was attending to present Helen Mirren her fellowship so without an announcement I don't think he will be there.

The Baftas air on BBC America not PBS in the US. My local PBS has Downton Abbey on tonight. The commercial would have shots from last year's award where William was present.

Old 02-08-2015, 09:50 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippyboo View Post
The Baftas air on BBC America not PBS in the US. My local PBS has Downton Abbey on tonight. The commercial would have shots from last year's award where William was present.
Yes, you are right! It wasn't PBS. (I can't always keep those stations straight). It definitely was showing a previous year's BAFTA awards ceremony, with William, and the voice over saying that on Sunday night the 2015 BAFTA's would air with Stephen Fry as host and Prince William as (whatever - can't recall), maybe presenter.

Unless the event at KP Saturday night was not the BAFTA awards being taped for Sunday night, then it means another ceremony was taped at another time and William was present. I guess we'll see, or learn of it. I won't be watching the BAFTA's. I was just curious about the apparent disjunct. That's why I posted on the topic.
Old 02-08-2015, 09:54 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Nimue View Post
Yes, you are right! It wasn't PBS. (I can't always keep those stations straight). It definitely was showing a previous year's BAFTA awards ceremony, with William, and the voice over saying that on Sunday night the 2015 BAFTA's would air with Stephen Fry as host and Prince William as (whatever - can't recall), maybe presenter.

Unless the event at KP Saturday night was not the BAFTA awards being taped for Sunday night, then it means another ceremony was taped at another time and William was present. I guess we'll see, or learn of it. I won't be watching the BAFTA's. I was just curious about the apparent disjunct. That's why I posted on the topic.
What, isn't the BAFTAs live? I didn't think it was pre-recorded.... Did they really say William would be there? Then, he probably will, right? And in that case, it's tonight.
Old 02-08-2015, 10:00 AM
Heir Apparent

The Baftas aren't aired live in the UK. It's on tape delay. The same thing in America. No announced attendance from Prince William this year from KP or BAFTA.

Closed Thread

Tags
the duchess of cambridge, the duke of cambridge