The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 12-15-2014, 08:04 PM
Heir Apparent

I like this line - "Mysteriously, Kate's engagement was turned so the band is facing out".

What mystery- the ring wasn't bought for her so it had to be adjusted to fit and can spin around. She isn't trying to act single to pick up a guy at the reception being 5 months pregnant with her husband there and her wedding was broadcast around the world 😗

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

Old 12-15-2014, 08:26 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

That line made me laugh. There's absolutely no mystery to her ring being turned.

Old 12-15-2014, 09:06 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippyboo View Post
I like this line - "Mysteriously, Kate's engagement was turned so the band is facing out".

What mystery- the ring wasn't bought for her so it had to be adjusted to fit and can spin around. She isn't trying to act single to pick up a guy at the reception being 5 months pregnant with her husband there and her wedding was broadcast around the world 😗

Was she even wearing her Engagement ring? She does have a Wedding Band & AFAIC that's what we're seeing in the pics. Count on the Press to make a big deal out of nothing.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app
Old 12-15-2014, 09:16 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarebaby View Post
Black, black, black...blah
Quite sensible, IMO, to recycle what you have, especially when it comes to maternity wear.
Old 12-15-2014, 09:21 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
Duchess of Cambridge recycles black lace gown as she and William attend friend's wedding-
Duchess of Cambridge recycles black lace gown as she and William attend friend's wedding | Royal | News | Daily Express

Whose wedding was it?
Old 12-15-2014, 09:30 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiggersk8 View Post
Was she even wearing her Engagement ring? She does have a Wedding Band & AFAIC that's what we're seeing in the pics. Count on the Press to make a big deal out of nothing.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

You can see the engagement ring in the last photo of them. It's turned. The article didn't say whose wedding.

Old 12-15-2014, 10:29 PM
Heir Apparent

Has she appeared in public without the engagement ring on? I always look for it (it's gorgeous) and have never seen her without it on.

LaRae
Old 12-15-2014, 10:37 PM
Heir Apparent

Duke and Duchess of Cambridge Current Events 6: 1 January 2014

She has appeared without it going to the store and stuff but I don't think we have seen her on official engagements without it. Remember scout camp and the dough sticks.

The paparazzi guy on Twitter is saying the wedding was Tom Eaves and Libby Kirk. He probably took the pictures of W&K.

Old 12-15-2014, 11:51 PM
Imperial Majesty

Yes, she had her engagement ring on but it was turned.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 12-16-2014, 12:15 PM
Courtier

Kate tends to fiddle with her rings. Probably why it was turned.
Old 12-16-2014, 01:11 PM
Nobility

Nervous energy
Old 12-16-2014, 01:37 PM
Serene Highness

[QUOTE=LadyCatharine;1731769]Nervous energy[/QUOTE

Yes, like Charles and his cuff links!

Abraham Lincoln
Old 12-18-2014, 01:04 PM
Imperial Majesty

British Royals @britishroyals · 26m 26 minutes ago
Staff Christmas party! RT @bumpkinlondon Honoured to have their highnesses the duke and duchess of Cambridge in for lunch today

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 12-18-2014, 04:51 PM
Imperial Majesty

The ring used to swing around on Diana's fingers as well as she lost so much weight and the ring was made to fit her when she was at her greatest weight. This is probably also the case with Kate - it fitted her when she was at her greatest weight and as she has lost so much weight since her marriage and hardly puts on any weight when pregnant the ring no longer fits her properly.
Old 12-18-2014, 05:17 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
The ring used to swing around on Diana's fingers as well as she lost so much weight and the ring was made to fit her when she was at her greatest weight. This is probably also the case with Kate - it fitted her when she was at her greatest weight and as she has lost so much weight since her marriage and hardly puts on any weight when pregnant the ring no longer fits her properly.
Yes and no. Remember, the weight of the ring in on top, not centre.The ring will have some give (and her other fingers rub against her rings) thus the ring will try to turn toward gravity. If the weight distribution was equal, it wouldn't move. It's simple physics. Closeups show her rings are properly fitted.

True, if her fingers were fatter, it wouldn't move as much. My engagement ring, which has a diamond of 0.3ct will try to rotate and my fingers a far bigger than Kate's.

I don't agree she has lost a large amount of weight after her wedding. If you at pics just before and pics after, she looks far better after her wedding.
Old 12-18-2014, 08:28 PM
Heir Apparent

18th December, 2014
The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Prince Henry of Wales, Joint Patrons, the Royal Foundation of The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Prince Harry, today attended a Board Meeting at 5 St Mary Abbots Place, London W8.

Source: Court Circular

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 02-07-2015, 02:24 PM
Heir Apparent

The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge host #BAFTA nominees including Amy Adams and Reese Witherspoon at Kensington Palace this evening.

They are back then! Does someone know if there will be photos?
Old 02-07-2015, 02:26 PM
Heir Apparent

Post pictures please!
Old 02-07-2015, 02:27 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty91charmed View Post
The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge host #BAFTA nominees including Amy Adams and Reese Witherspoon at Kensington Palace this evening.

British Royals @britishroyals · 31m 31 minutes ago
NO confirmation that Will&Kate are hosting BAFTA party tonight (likely just a rumour).However the event will take place at Kensington Palace

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 02-07-2015, 02:27 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty91charmed View Post

There is a BAFTA event tonight at Kensington Palace but it hasn't been confirmed that they are attending. Great if it is true

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Closed Thread

Tags
the duchess of cambridge, the duke of cambridge