The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 11-09-2014, 12:46 PM
Heir Apparent

My guess would be no. Three days in NYC is not 3 weeks in Australia and NZ.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

Old 11-09-2014, 01:17 PM
Heir Apparent

Prince William and Duchess Kate to return to US to unveil United for Wildlife | Daily Mail Online
Quote:
Three years after their first transatlantic visit, the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge are returning to the US.

The Mail on Sunday can reveal that William and Kate – who visited Los Angeles shortly after their wedding in 2011 – will embark on a three-day trip to New York next month to unveil their new charity, United For Wildlife.

And it seems likely they will take 16-month-old Prince George with them.
I doubt George will go but he's older now. Depends on what they want from the headlines. "Poor Prince George left behind by parents" or "Poor Prince George dragged all the way to America"

Either way the headlines are coming

Old 11-09-2014, 01:31 PM
Imperial Majesty

Video:
The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge have met oil workers and members of the Fire + Rescue service during a tour of the Valero Refinery in Pembroke this afternoon. The visit comes ahead of this afternoon's international rugby fixture between host nation Wales and visitors Australia, which the royal couple are also due to attend at the Cardiff's Millennium Stadium-

Home - ITNSource News

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 11-09-2014, 01:35 PM
Heir Apparent

Duke and Duchess of Cambridge Current Events 6: 1 January 2014

There is no reason for George to go. The trip length is short. If its just 3 days, they are landing doing stuff that evening, full next day and taking the overnight flight back to London on the third with a morning London arrival. The US isn't a realm like Australia and NZ.

I agree that people will complain either way because people always complain about the Cambridges.

Old 11-09-2014, 02:24 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post
Bad nudes, William! He's caught out with VERY saucy calendar girls... the moment Kate's back is turned | Daily Mail Online

Mail on Sunday says William and Kate will embark on a three-day trip to New York next month to unveil their new charity, United For Wildlife.
When that man smiles, it lights up the world.
Great news about NYC.
I'm confused- it said Kate had 2 engagements this week- the RVP and P2B. I thought P2B was the 19th- the week after?
Old 11-09-2014, 02:36 PM
Heir Apparent

The P2B reception is Nov 19. It's the Daily Mail and Katie Nichols who is not known for accuracy- aka Otto the Middleton dog eating Kate's earrings.

Old 11-09-2014, 03:58 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

Yeah, P2B is on the 19th. This week she has SportsAid and the Royal Variety Show.
Old 11-09-2014, 04:08 PM
Heir Apparent

I totally forget about the sports aid event. There is one day where William and Kate has separate events on the same day. We need some sort of event calendar. The one on the royal website is not good for the Wales/Cambridge side of the family.

Old 11-09-2014, 05:33 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

It's the 12th - Kate has SportsAid and William has a gala dinner for SkillForce.

I definitely agree about the royal website. It's rarely up to date, so it gets frustrating looking for information.

An event calendar would be a good idea. I know the Spanish forum has one and it makes it easier to see what's coming up, without having to dig through the threads.
Old 11-12-2014, 12:50 AM
Imperial Majesty

British Royals @britishroyals · 4h 4 hours ago
Reminder (Wednesday): Kate will attend a @TeamSportsAid workshop at @GSK_HPL. William will attend @SkillForceUK's 10th anniv Gala Dinner

Quote:
Originally Posted by soapstar View Post
It's the 12th - Kate has SportsAid and William has a gala dinner for SkillForce.

I definitely agree about the royal website. It's rarely up to date, so it gets frustrating looking for information.

An event calendar would be a good idea. I know the Spanish forum has one and it makes it easier to see what's coming up, without having to dig through the threads.
I hardly visit their royal website. It's not all that interesting, updated and it just don't grab my attention. I find out what engagements the Cambridge's have coming up through tweets. I think the couple should have their own website and make it where it grabs viewers attention. It should be the main source everyone goes to. Instead of looking for updates on other twitter accounts.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 11-12-2014, 01:34 AM
Nobility

Try the POW's site, W & C have their own section including future engagements.
Old 11-12-2014, 01:39 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuroraB View Post
Try the POW's site, W & C have their own section including future engagements.
That's the site I'm talking about. They hardly ever update the website like they should and it really don't grab your attention.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 11-12-2014, 08:08 AM
Heir Apparent

I was just at the diary section because I clicked on a link in a tweet from Team Sports Aid. The diary has Kate's event today and William's Skillforce event today. The royal variety show tomorrow and that is all the future events. However, we know there is a Place2be awards at KP on Nov 19 that's not listed.

I would to see a more dynamic interactive website from PoWs/Cambridges/Harry and the Monarchy one. They also need more social media presence.

Old 11-12-2014, 09:25 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippyboo View Post
I was just at the diary section because I clicked on a link in a tweet from Team Sports Aid. The diary has Kate's event today and William's Skillforce event today. The royal variety show tomorrow and that is all the future events. However, we know there is a Place2be awards at KP on Nov 19 that's not listed.

I would to see a more dynamic interactive website from PoWs/Cambridges/Harry and the Monarchy one. They also need more social media presence.

I agree. The websites are missing something.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 11-12-2014, 09:28 AM
Heir Apparent

I think they get quite enough exposure already.
Old 11-12-2014, 09:39 AM
Heir Apparent

There are many issues with the British Monarchy website as well
Old 11-12-2014, 12:26 PM
Heir Presumptive

I agree that neither site is user friendly when it comes to updating the BRF members calendars.
Old 11-13-2014, 09:52 AM
Imperial Majesty

RKD @RoyalKateDebate · 50m 50 minutes ago
Apparently the Royal Variety Performance starts at 7 tonight. It will not be shown on TV until December.

RKD @RoyalKateDebate · 4h 4 hours ago
Will and Kate are at the Royal Variety Performance tonight and acc to @CamillaTominey we might get the details on the NYC trip too! ������

It's very good that they will be attending this evening event for the first time.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 11-13-2014, 10:42 AM
Heir Apparent

The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge set to be impressed at the Royal Variety Performance | Western Daily Press
Old 11-13-2014, 02:51 PM
Heir Apparent

Live: Kate Middleton and Prince William attend Royal Variety Performance in Queen's absence - Mirror Online

Closed Thread

Tags
the duchess of cambridge, the duke of cambridge