Duke and Duchess of Cambridge Current Events 6: January 2014 - September 2016

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Duchess Kate Blog ‏@HRHDuchesskate 4h4 hours ago
We'll see The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge at Wimbledon tomorrow. British number one Andy Murray will compete in the quarterfinal. #royal

A nice, light-hearted engagement, especially after the emotional roller-coaster of today.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

I think Catherine is doing fine in her role as William's wife and as a senior royal. There are times where I think her roles and duties do lack a bit of substance, clarity or relevance though. I'd like to see her have a more firm role.

I'm curious what charity or social issues Kate is most interested in. Given the amount of time she dated William and the years she's been married... I feel like we ought to have a firmer idea of what really interests her or what she is passionate about-outside her role as wife and mother. I think some of the criticism might lessen if she had a more focused role. And again this is not a criticism I actually like her a lot and I just want her to find a role within her Royal persona that fulfills her.

From her patronage choices and various speeches, she is interested in hospice care for children, children mental health, addiction, encouraging young people to participate in sports, art, natural history and sailing.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

I'm curious what charity or social issues Kate is most interested in. Given the amount of time she dated William and the years she's been married... I feel like we ought to have a firmer idea of what really interests her or what she is passionate about-outside her role as wife and mother. I think some of the criticism might lessen if she had a more focused role. And again this is not a criticism I actually like her a lot and I just want her to find a role within her Royal persona that fulfills her.

She supports charities that deal with children's hospices (EACH), I believe she also works with a charity called Place to Be, which deals with children's mental health, does some volunteering with Scouts, and she's involved with The Art Room, which provides art programs in schools. You'll probably get a better answer in the thread that deals specifically with her charities and patronage system, which can be found in this section of the forum. I think as time goes on, she'll get more and more patronage system, but now, she does a wonderful job with what she has. The small number of charities allows for a more hands-on approach, and a more personal touch. Her passion seems to be helping children, and she's absolutely amazing when interacting with them. I will apologize for any misinformation. I'm pulling the charities off of the top of my head if you will. Again, check her patronage system and charities thread.

From her patronage choices and various speeches, she is interested in hospice care for children, children mental health, addiction, encouraging young people to participate in sports, art, natural history and sailing.

You said it with less words than I. Well done! I'm so long-winded, that more often than not, I come out with novels for posts :D :flowers:.

She's involved with a number of charities that she's very hands on with. I'd like to see her take on more firmer roles as a senior royal. It would be great to see her gain some honorary colonelcy's so she can form a relationship with her own regiments. Just more firmer roles and I know she can handle it.

Lets also not forget The Royal Foundation of The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Prince Harry which breaks its interests down into 3 primary groups. Conservation, The Armed Forces and Youth.

Lets also not forget The Royal Foundation of The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Prince Harry which breaks its interests down into 3 primary groups. Conservation, The Armed Forces and Youth.

Yes, they are also busy with their Royal Foundation as well.

Can't wait for Kate in tennis whites, Murry's match starts around 1 PM

The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge were at Wimbledon to cheer on Andy Murray as he battled it out against Canada's Vasek Pospisil on Centre Court today.

Kate, who has long been a tennis fan, was elegant in a scarlet dress by L.K Bennett and looked relaxed and happy as she chatted to her 33-year-old husband while waiting for play to begin.

William and Kate's appearance on court comes a week after a memorable visit from the Duchess of Cornwall, who was left smiling after being presented with Murray's sweaty wristband.
More: Love all! William and Kate join cheer on Murray at Wimbledon... and Zara, Mike and David Beckham are there too | Daily Mail Online

British Royals ‏@britishroyals 2m2 minutes ago
William & Kate in the royal box at #Wimbledon to watch Andy Murray (via @HuffPostUKPics)
https://twitter.com/britishroyals/status/618754357954113536

Joe Little ‏@MajestyMagazine 7m7 minutes ago
The Duke and Duchess of #Cambridge welcome @andy_murray and @VasekPospisil on to Centre Court @Wimbledon #royal
https://twitter.com/MajestyMagazine/status/618754581133172736

Wimbledon ‏@Wimbledon 25m25 minutes ago
WATCH Welcome back to The Championships, The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge #Wimbledon
https://twitter.com/Wimbledon/status/618750322513694720

Love the red dress...great color on her!

LaRae

Zara and Mike look quite smart too....

LaRae

I've missed seeing William and Catherine on official engagements. Other than the Christening and Trooping, it seems like it's been a long time.

Its unfortunate that Kate has time to attend a tennis match but not to attend the serious event 7/7 together with Prince William.

Duke and Duchess of Cambridge Current Events 6: January 2014

She's on maternity leave. Other than William and Andrew no one else did an engagement concerning the 7/7 bombings. And if she did go with him, the papers will be more about her clothes than the event she is going to.

Its unfortunate that Kate has time to attend a tennis match but not to attend the serious event 7/7 together with Prince William.

The people that were organizing the memorial for,yesterday mentioned that the survivors/those who,were attending specifically asked for William, not for William and Catherine. Therefore, she couldn't have just shown up. Please, don't get your panties in a twist.

My guess is that it's because this was a ten year anniversary event. William did work with the survivors right after the attack happened, right? Maybe he knows some of them, and it was more appropriate for him to do this alone

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

I see The Countess of Wessex has joined William & Catherine in the Royal Box at Wimbledon.

Well, it will be great once the Cambridge's return to their joint engagements. Catherine resumes her official duties going into next month. I've missed them.

Love all! William and Kate giggle affectionately as they cheer on Andy Murray at Wimbledon... and Zara, Sophie Wessex and David Beckham are there too-
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/a...ay-Wimbledon-Zara-Mike-David-Beckham-too.html

Last edited:
Nice to see William and Kate enjoying themselves, and it's nice to see Sophie there with them. too. Everyone looks lovely.

In that one picture where Kate and William are looking at each other he REALLY looks like his father!

Kate and her faces at Wimbledon today LOL
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2015/07/08/13/2A55D84800000578-3153284-image-m-122_1436360016934.jpg
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2015/07/08/13/2A55D84400000578-3153284-image-a-123_1436360026639.jpg

great that she can cut into her maternity leave to attend this important event and support the British athletes. Wimbledon is always an event to see

I wasn't aware that a person on maternity leave could/should not go out of the house to an event. I may be mistaken but I'm sure I've known women on maternity leave who went out to dinner or to a movie ......

After the palace released how much is costs the POW for William and Kate to make public appearances, I don't think we will see them being working royal 24/7 in the near future.

If you want the couple to become full-time working royals, then the British government has to step up and fully fund their appearances, including security, clothes, travel etc. It is wrong to expect the POW to fund their public working royal lives.

Remember William and Harry's family life included parents who were always making appearances across Britain and the world. I am not saying either was a bad parent, but neither had a 9-5 job. Kate probably had family dinners almost every night. I get the impression that Kate's family life is what William wants for his family. And if Kate wants to focus on her children and organizations that are important to her, then more power to her.

I am glad to see pictures of the couple enjoying themselves.

I really don't understand the complaints. William and Harry seem to be really nice young men who try to give back to society.

I wasn't aware that a person on maternity leave could/should not go out of the house to an event. I may be mistaken but I'm sure I've known women on maternity leave who went out to dinner or to a movie ......

in no way have i ever posted that she couldn't :flowers:
I thought it was great she had a day out without kids

After the palace released how much is costs the POW for William and Kate to make public appearances, I don't think we will see them being working royal 24/7 in the near future.

If you want the couple to become full-time working royals, then the British government has to step up and fully fund their appearances, including security, clothes, travel etc. It is wrong to expect the POW to fund their public working royal lives.

Remember William and Harry's family life included parents who were always making appearances across Britain and the world. I am not saying either was a bad parent, but neither had a 9-5 job. Kate probably had family dinners almost every night. I get the impression that Kate's family life is what William wants for his family. And if Kate wants to focus on her children and organizations that are important to her, then more power to her.

I am glad to see pictures of the couple enjoying themselves.

I really don't understand the complaints. William and Harry seem to be really nice young men who try to give back to society.

I'm always delighted to see the voice of reason when it comes to this issue. People don't think about the fact that William and Catherine (and Harry) are not their own bosses; they're at the mercy of their father, and grandmother, if you will. I also think that Her Majesty saw what happened with her grandsons' parents, and wanted to make sure it doesn't happen again by allowing William and Catherine to put their family first. I also agree that William wants his family life to be as close to that of the Middletons' as possible, and allowing himself and his wife only the status of part-time royals makes that possible. They both have organizations that they're very much involved with (even if mostly behind the scenes), and passionate about, so they're still active. However, to some, if they're not in parade like trained monkeys, smiling waving, and cutting ribbons three times a day, five days a week, they're seen as lazy, good-for-nothing parasites. Sad, but true.

Well if Murray reaches the final, I'm hoping they'll attend again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom