The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 06-16-2014, 04:45 PM
Serene Highness

Since the "bald gene" is transmitted through the mother there is a good chance that Prince George will have a good head of hair into old age. Grandfather Michael certainly has nice hair. Poor William got the elder Earl Spencer's baldness.

Old 06-16-2014, 04:49 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLLK View Post
The Spencer hair color is going to dominate for awhile.
There is auburn hair in the Windsor family - Princess Alexandra for instance. Quite a few of the Kents have auburn tints.

Queen Victoria and her daughter in law, Queen Alexandra had red hair.

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 06-16-2014, 05:25 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by cepe View Post
There is auburn hair in the Windsor family - Princess Alexandra for instance. Quite a few of the Kents have auburn tints.

Queen Victoria and her daughter in law, Queen Alexandra had red hair.
And Queen Mary was strawberry-blonde.
Old 06-16-2014, 06:44 PM
Heir Presumptive

Ohh I love strawberry blonde, it's a lovely shade. Actresses Amy Adams and Jessica Chastain are also a Strawberry blonde, isn't Nicole Kidman too?. I didn't know Queen Mary was one as well, thank you for the info :)
Old 06-16-2014, 06:50 PM
Aristocracy

My sister had strawberry blonde hair as a baby...it ended up turning dirty blonde.
Old 06-23-2014, 08:32 PM
Imperial Majesty

Martin @WindsorEditor · 16m
William and Kate attended a reception to mark the work of their Royal Foundation at the Orangery in Kensington Palace yesterday evening.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 06-25-2014, 07:25 PM
Imperial Majesty

Martin @WindsorEditor · 3h
Looks like I was right about Thistle date then, Palace confirm 3rd July. William & Kate and other royals will be in attendance.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 06-25-2014, 10:58 PM
Heir Apparent

Looking forward to it.
Old 06-26-2014, 11:40 AM
Imperial Majesty

Martin @WindsorEditor · 1m
The Queen, Duke of Edinburgh, Prince William & the Princess Royal will all be attending the Thistle service on 3rd July in Scotland. No Kate

Martin @WindsorEditor · 39s
Charles and Camilla will also not be attending the Thistle service this year, they’re on their annual summer visit to Wales at the time.

It was thought that Catherine would be attending but it turns out that's not the case.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 06-26-2014, 11:42 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
Martin @WindsorEditor · 1m
The Queen, Duke of Edinburgh, Prince William & the Princess Royal will all be attending the Thistle service on 3rd July in Scotland. No Kate

Martin @WindsorEditor · 39s
Charles and Camilla will also not be attending the Thistle service this year, they’re on their annual summer visit to Wales at the time.

It was thought that Catherine would be attending but it turns out that's not the case.
So how long is it before the speculation commences on why Catherine is not attending the service?
Old 06-26-2014, 11:46 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
So how long is it before the speculation commences on why Catherine is not attending the service?
I'm guessing it was thought by some that she would attend but when you really think about it, the royal spouses really don't attend this event on a regular bases like they do with the Garter ceremony.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 06-26-2014, 12:09 PM
Heir Apparent

Did Tim go to the last one in 2012? I know Kate when but at that one William was be inducted so it makes sense to her to go for that? Did Camilla go to the recent Bath service with Charles? I don't think she did.
Old 06-26-2014, 12:20 PM
Heir Apparent

Just checked with @windsoreditor and Catherine was never officially attending this event. Attendees were only confirmed today.

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 06-26-2014, 12:27 PM
Heir Apparent

No Catherine? Too bad.
Old 06-26-2014, 01:28 PM
Aristocracy

I could've sworn she already has an engagement for July 3...maybe not..I just checked...but I thought there was...she is doing engagements that week...maybe they just want one of them to be home with the baby.
Old 06-26-2014, 02:08 PM
Heir Apparent

July 1-school visit.
Old 06-30-2014, 11:15 AM
Imperial Majesty

Richard Palmer @RoyalReporter · 1h
The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge attended the annual conference of charity Place2Be today at the Royal Society of Medicine, London.

Richard Palmer @RoyalReporter · 59m
Kate, who's patron of Place2Be, and William were keen to hear more about early intervention to help children with mental health issues.

Place2Be @_Place2Be · 27m
Honoured The Duke & Duchess of Cambridge attended our annual conference to hear about children’s mental health @RoySocMed

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 06-30-2014, 11:24 AM
Heir Apparent

Fantastic! Two awesome people! Britain is lucky to have them! Very important topic!
Kate doing engagement for them tomorrow as well?
Old 06-30-2014, 03:45 PM
Imperial Majesty

Kate and Wills attend children's mental health conference-
Duke and Duchess of Cambridge attend conference on children's mental health in London | Royal | News | Daily Express

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 06-30-2014, 04:59 PM
Nobility

Cheeks, aka PG, looks like a young Churchill Winston

Closed Thread

Tags
the duchess of cambridge, the duke of cambridge