The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 05-29-2014, 12:09 PM
Heir Apparent

Interesting brooch; is that a badge or coat of arms?

Old 05-29-2014, 12:36 PM
Courtier

Same old boring shoes! Diana's shoes were so classy!

Old 05-29-2014, 12:55 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

It's nice to see William and Catherine (finally) out and about. They both looked like they were having a good time, and I like the photo of Catherine with the Rainbows.

Quote:
He's been tipped for a new career as a pilot in the Royal Air Ambulance service, and today, Prince William appeared to confirm his new role after asking to be shown around a Scottish Air Ambulance helicopter during a visit to Scotland.
Arriving at the Strathearn Community College in the small town of Crieff with his wife, the Duchess of Cambridge in their first official engagement since the tour of Australia and New Zealand, the Duke made a beeline for the helicopter which was parked on the college playing field.
William, 31, had asked, through his office, to meet the crew, staff and charity trustees. 'He was really really keen,' said John Pritchard, lead paramedic on the helicopter. 'He was really keen to see how we work.'
Earlier this week, it emerged that the second in line the throne, who left his job as an RAF search and rescue pilot in September, is considering returning to flying as a career from this September, possibly as a helicopter pilot for the air ambulance service in East Anglia.
Prince William hints at new career in Air Ambulance service during a trip to Scotland | Mail Online

Quote:
The Duke and Duchess have visited Scotland on their first joint engagement since returning from their tour of Australia and New Zealand.
The Duchess, 32, wore a knee-length coral and red striped coat by Scottish designer Jonathan Saunders over a red dress by Goat. She also wore beige heels and a Celtic broach, which was given to her as a wedding present.
The couple visited Strathearn – an area to which they have a special connection.
Video: The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge visit Perth and Kinross - Telegraph

Quote:
With his ability to cling to walls and his superhuman strength, Spiderman is a hero of young children across the world.
And it seems Prince George is no exception.
The Duchess of Cambridge has disclosed that the Prince has a pair of Spiderman pyjamas at home – although they too big for him to wear at the moment.
Prince George's Spiderman pyjamas - Telegraph

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 05-29-2014, 01:02 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by angieuk View Post
LOL, for some reason Catherine and even The Queen like wearing certain shoes over and over again. I guess they have to be about comfort when it comes to shoes because they do a lot of walking and standing.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 05-29-2014, 01:03 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

They both looked like they were really enjoying themselves. Can't wait till their next engagement.
Old 05-29-2014, 01:10 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by HereditaryPrincess;1669487[url=http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/prince-william/10863011/Prince-Georges-Spiderman-pyjamas.html
Prince George's Spiderman pyjamas - Telegraph[/url]
Every little boy should grow up having heros and fantasies about grand adventures and I do have to agree that Spiderman fits that role nicely. But then again, I'm living with a boy of 65 that watches anything Superman.

I was heartened to read in this article about the paramedic for the Scottish Air Ambulance stating that they give a teddy bear to any child that they treat. Children especially are affected by trauma as sometimes they don't understand just what is happening to them and those around them. My hubby used to wear a clamp on koala bear on his stethoscope and carried small stuffed animals in his rescue bag for such occasions. It really helps to alleviate fears that might be affecting the child. It also makes me realize that William's passion for working in this kind of environment isn't all about the thrill of flying a helicopter (which I am almost positive that the thrill is definitely there), its also gives a glimpse into William's heart as its about being there and making a difference in someone's life.
“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.”
― John Lennon
Old 05-29-2014, 01:11 PM
Heir Apparent

Cute sign for William and Kate
https://31.media.tumblr.com/fd499e38...8lhto1_500.jpg
Old 05-29-2014, 02:04 PM
Imperial Majesty

Video:
The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge have been in Scotland today. Known locally as The Early and Countess of Strathearn, their Royal Highnesses visited Strathearn Community Campus and then travelled to MacRosty Park where William unveiled a plaque. The couple then continued to the Famous Grouse Distillery before visiting Forteviot fete-
Home - ITNSource News

Victoria Murphy @QueenVicMirror · 33m
Kate told one couple today that her mum Carole keeps chickens that have been got to by a fox :-(

Victoria Murphy @QueenVicMirror · 34m
Kate and William received a kilt for prince george today, William said he hopef he would keep his sticky fingers off

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 05-29-2014, 03:16 PM
Heir Presumptive

Watermark free pics from today
Prince William and Kate Middleton Visit Scotland - Pictures - Zimbio
Old 05-29-2014, 03:48 PM
Heir Presumptive

^^^ I was hoping that the prince she was referring to was William.
Old 05-29-2014, 04:40 PM
Imperial Majesty

Video:
The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge enjoy sampling Scotland's national drink while on a visit to the couple's earldom of Strathearn-
http://news.sky.com/story/1271510/wi...s-baby-rumours

Definitely NOT pregnant then! Kate dispels baby rumours as she enjoys mini-drinking spree-
http://www.express.co.uk/news/royal/...use-distillery

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 05-29-2014, 05:56 PM
Courtier

Looks like Catherine has put on some weight (in a good way).
Old 05-29-2014, 06:41 PM
Heir Presumptive

I thought that her face looked rounder as well.
Old 05-29-2014, 08:28 PM
Imperial Majesty

William & Kate sign a label that will be put on their own bottle of whisky to be auctioned for charity #famousgrouse pic.twitter.com/mL7ObhHSL7

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 05-30-2014, 09:03 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by angieuk View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
LOL, for some reason Catherine and even The Queen like wearing certain shoes over and over again. I guess they have to be about comfort when it comes to shoes because they do a lot of walking and standing.
She wears the LK Bennett shoes constantly and TBH I have never seen the sole of the shoes dirty. I wonder, seeing as they obviously must be so comfortable, whether she has bought several pairs in case they stop making them.
Old 05-30-2014, 09:45 AM
Heir Apparent

I'm surprised she's still wearing that style, as any kind of platform seems to be going with the wind.
Old 05-30-2014, 10:14 AM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by KittyAtlanta View Post
I'm surprised she's still wearing that style, as any kind of platform seems to be going with the wind.
It could be that for the long haul, platforms are much easier to keep your balance. Then again, she does wear high, narrow stilettos too so who knows. I'd never survive if I wore the high stilettos. I'd be the one constantly falling on my bum.
“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.”
― John Lennon
Old 05-30-2014, 10:35 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Too much drink? Kate's crazy faces
Herzogin Kate: Nach einer Whisky-Verkostung zeigt Herzogin Kate entrückte Gesichtsakrobatik - Royals - Bild.de
http://i1301.photobucket.com/albums/...ps5ab957dd.jpg
Old 05-30-2014, 10:50 AM
Imperial Majesty

Richard Palmer @RoyalReporter · 5h
Erm, I know others have pointed this out but the Kate gurning picture was taken at Forteviot, not at the distillery.

Funny how the media is trying to make it seem like Catherine may have been a little tipsy in the photo. She was just playing around with the kids.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 05-30-2014, 10:57 AM
Heir Presumptive

I don't think she drinks that much these days, from what I've heard so perhaps that strong Scotch booze did go a bit to her head. If I'd have had it, I certainly would be tipsy.

Tags
the duchess of cambridge, the duke of cambridge