The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 05-15-2014, 02:59 PM
Imperial Majesty

Richard Palmer ‏@RoyalReporter 36m
The Earl and Countess will also visit a fete in Forteviot on the same day, tour stands displaying Strathearn wares. It's Strathearn day.

Richard Palmer ‏@RoyalReporter 39m
William and Kate will tour the Famous Grouse distillery on May 29. Should be a popular one!

Richard Palmer ‏@RoyalReporter 38m
The Earl and Countess of Strathearn will also unveil a plaque to dedicate the newly restored MacRosty Park as a Field in Trust in Crieff.

Richard Palmer ‏@RoyalReporter 39m
William and Kate, known as the Earl and Countess of Strathearn in Scotland, will meet young people at Strathearn Community Campus, Crieff.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 05-15-2014, 10:51 PM
Heir Presumptive

Is this the first trip to Strathearn (excuse any spelling boo boos) for the Earl and Countess to where their Scottish title comes from? Regardless, going to be a fun day!!

Old 05-16-2014, 07:43 AM
Heir Apparent

Duke and Duchess of Cambridge Current Events 6: 1 January 2014

It's their first visit to their title town. They have visited Scotland before: St Andrews before the wedding, Order of the Thistle service, last year they went to Glasgow to launch Coach Core in Scotland and tour the arena for the Commonwealth Games. Remember the dancing thistle mascot.

Not to mention numerous private visits .

This is basically the Scottish version of their trip to Cambridge. Eventually, they will probably make it to Carrickfergus in NI one day.
Old 05-22-2014, 03:08 PM
Imperial Majesty

Richard Palmer ‏@RoyalReporter 18m
Buckingham Palace has finally confirmed that the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge will meet D Day veterans in Arromanches on June 6.

Richard Palmer ‏@RoyalReporter 16m
William and Kate will join veterans at a tea party in Arromanches before attending 70th anniversary commemorations at Gold Beach

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 05-22-2014, 04:08 PM
Heir Apparent

That is in France correct?
Old 05-22-2014, 04:17 PM
Heir Apparent

Gosh, I wish I could meet the D-Day veterans. They will all be gone in just a few short years.
Old 05-22-2014, 04:21 PM
Heir Apparent

Aren't they going with the Queen, Philip, Charles and Camilla to Normandy? Or did I read that wrong/remember that wrong?
Old 05-22-2014, 04:39 PM
Heir Apparent

Arromanches is a town in Normandy.
Old 05-22-2014, 04:43 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molly2101 View Post
Aren't they going with the Queen, Philip, Charles and Camilla to Normandy? Or did I read that wrong/remember that wrong?
There are a large number of events covering the 5 beaches. Uk landings were at Sword, Juno and Gold. Us at Utah and Omaha.

the Canadians were with the Uk forces and so were the Free French.

Charles is undertaking a number of events, many connected with the Canadian military; HMQ is with Heads of State nand the load is being spread by W&K going to Arromanche. There are still mulberries in the harbour at Arromanche - its very moving.

Ive looked on the Royal website but the press release giving the details for the. Events isn't there yet.

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 05-22-2014, 05:12 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittyAtlanta View Post
Gosh, I wish I could meet the D-Day veterans. They will all be gone in just a few short years.
Volunteer at your local Veterans Administration Hospital, there may one or two there.
Old 05-28-2014, 04:24 PM
Imperial Majesty

Royal Central @RoyalCentral · 10h
Tomorrow, The Earl & Countess of Strathearn (William & Kate) will travel to Scotland to carry out engagements in Strathearn, Perth & Kinross

It's going to be good for everyone to get back to some decent news and great pictures. I wonder will there be any live feed and coverage of their Scottish visit?

RoyalKateDebate @RoyalKateDebate · 12m
Will and Kate's engagements in Scotland run from morning to just before 3pm tomorrow :)

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 05-29-2014, 06:50 AM
Heir Apparent

I've seen the first pics on twitter... I hate the coat! It doesn't fit her body... Not her best look IMO
https://twitter.com/HuffPostUKPics/s...099392/photo/1

Maybe that's because I don't like stripes
Old 05-29-2014, 07:31 AM
Administrator

Please note that all discussion regarding a Cambridge pregnancy has been deleted as speculative.

Old 05-29-2014, 08:04 AM
Imperial Majesty

British Royals @britishroyals · 1h
"I said 'George is beautiful & how is he doing?'. William said 'Thanks, he's very well, he's growing & he's a very good boy'. (Mirror)

"I said how beautiful Kate is and he (William) said 'yes, she is'." (Mirror)

British Royals @britishroyals · 15m
"@Learninglogs HRH Earl & Countess of Strathearn chatting to CPS pupils. So very lovely. They liked our new tartan pic.twitter.com/BuZ5bYk7h2"

British Royals @britishroyals · 51m
"@ianvogler Duke and Duchess of Cambridge in Scotland http://mirror.co.uk pic.twitter.com/mj1AYk4WsC"

Kate wears stunning red Athena Jacquard coat during Scotland visit http://huff.to/1rj5gyJ via @HuffPostUKPics

British Royals @britishroyals · 2h
The Duchess of Cambridge with children in Scotland via @HuffPostUKPics http://huff.to/1rj5gyJ

She's a real Queen of Hearts! Elegant Duchess of Cambridge wows the Scots on her first walkabout since tour of Australia-
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/ar...lian-tour.html

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 05-29-2014, 08:20 AM
Imperial Majesty

Live updates as Prince William and Kate Middleton brew their own whisky on distillery visit-
Live updates as Prince William and Kate Middleton brew their own whisky on distillery visit - Mirror Online

Catherine wore a celtic brooch given to her as a wedding present.

Reveal Magazine @RevealMag · 39m
The Duchess of Cambridge is in Scotland today looking fantastic and having lots of fun! See t… http://on.reveal.co.uk/1hBj0vq

Chloe Cambridge @RoyalsWithChloe · 57m
“@Royally_Kate: countess of strathearn #macrostypark pic.twitter.com/J8xGAikfd7

Pictures:
http://hrhduchesskate.blogspot.com/2...trathearn.html

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 05-29-2014, 09:12 AM
Imperial Majesty

William and Kate brew whisky during tour of Scotland-
William and Kate brew whisky during tour of Scotland - ITV News

Picture:
The Duke and The Duchess of Cambridge arrive at the newly-restored MacRosty Park in Crieff, where last year the grounds were designated a Queen Elizabeth II field for the enjoyment of the residents of Crieff and the surrounding area.
https://paimages.co.uk/preview?urn=2.19961420

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 05-29-2014, 09:21 AM
Imperial Majesty

Martin @WindsorEditor · 2h
William and Kate will be back in Scotland in early July for the Order of the Thistle service this year with The Queen and other royals.

Martin @WindsorEditor · 2h
It looks like this year’s Thistle service will be on 3rd July, though this is yet to be confirmed.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 05-29-2014, 09:48 AM
Majesty

Duke and Duchess of Cambridge in Scotland | Blogs•Spletnik.ru
Old 05-29-2014, 10:01 AM
Imperial Majesty

British Royals @britishroyals · 2m
While Prince William was "really keen" to know how the Scottish Air Ambulance worked, he made no mention of his future plans (Mirror)

Duke of Cambridge inspects air ambulance helicopter as he arrives in Scotland with Kate-
Duke of Cambridge inspects air ambulance helicopter as he arrives in Scotland with Kate | Royal | News | Daily Express

Video:
Royal visit: William and Kate try whisky tasting
http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-scotland-27618127

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 05-29-2014, 12:02 PM
Serene Highness

Catherine looked really great today in Scotland, I love her red coat with the stripes. She was really full of life and radiant and just happy. I am so glad to see her out and about with William.
Think William is more interested in flying that machine then anything, glad to see that he takes such an interest...this must be a passion of his. Sad that he had to quit the job in Wales, I think the company was sold. And George got a gift, a huge teddy bear with a kilt.....whoa...bet he is bigger then the teddy bear at this point!

Closed Thread

Tags
the duchess of cambridge, the duke of cambridge