Duke and Duchess of Cambridge Current Events 6: January 2014 - September 2016

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Introduced the baby to the media last week??????????????? Pictures anywhere?

William & Catherine will have to figure things out with the media attention because they know have George. The media will want to see them as a family. Although the couple just introduced the baby to the media at an reception last week.

that meeting didnt sell any papers

Introduced the baby to the media last week??????????????? Pictures anywhere?

George wasn't introduced anywhere last time he was seen or his face was in public was the holiday pictures? Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

that meeting didnt sell any papers

I don't get it? What meeting, did George stand up and say "Hi my name is George I'd appreciate it if you didn't take pictures of me drooling?" :lol::lol: If he didn't then it wasn't a proper intro.

George wasn't introduced anywhere last time he was seen or his face was in public was the holiday pictures? Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

I don't get it? What meeting, did George stand up and say "Hi my name is George I'd appreciate it if you didn't take pictures of me drooling?" :lol::lol: If he didn't then it wasn't a proper intro.

Royal reporter, Robert Jobson, did say that William & Catherine brought George out for the little event last week.

:lol: I would run if George said anything like that.

Duke and Duchess of Cambridge Current Events 6: 1 January 2014

I am American. Most people in the US couldn't pick the European royals out of a line up. Maybe a few know about the Monaco royals because of the Grace Kelly connection. Everybody here knows about the British royals. They are on magazines such as People and tabloids such as the Globe and National Enquirer. The morning news shows sent crews to cover the royal wedding and stand outside the Lindo Wing. They didn't do that for Victoria, Daniel and Estelle.

The British press can do a deal with the royals like they did with William at St Andrews. But the rest of the world can ignore it. Publish the photos outside the UK and on the Internet. Look at when there is a press embargo like with George's photos. They were leaked early. The tour itinerary for Australia and NZ was leaked early.

Last edited:
Last Tuesday William and Catherine held a meeting with some of the press - I posted the tweets from a couple of the reporters somewhere. Impression is mainly about the tour. They introduced the press to George, and Harry turned up unexpectedly.

It was at KP

Emily Andrews who was there has some tweets about the KP meeting. During the foreign tours, the royals have a drinks reception/meeting where they meet with the press pack off the record informally. In Canada, it was at a PEI restaurant. I think it was in a hotel during the S. Pacific one. For this tour, they did it beforehand with the British press at KP. Maybe they will do it while on tour for the NZ and Aussie press when they get there.

There is one HUGE difference between European royals and British royals that we are forgetting, there interaction with the press in their country. Have you seen what Danish, Norwegian, Swedish, Dutch, Belgian royals release to the press? Photoshoots, interviews, inside footage. The access they get is immense and that's why when practically ALL european royals go on holiday, whereever they go, they don't get harrassed because the press are satiated with what they get throughout the year.

The British press don't get that, they don't get photoshoots, they don't get interviews, the public don't know about their royal family. Some people might respond by saying that that's what makes them royal, we're not supposed to know everything, we're not supposed to get photoshoots every year but the BRF take that to the farest reaches and unreasonably so sometimes. I know William and Henry have had issues with the press and in some instances, rightly so. But they need to work out a deal, a compromise because personally for me, without the press coverage the royals get, without social media, royals would flop .
You make an excellent point and I for one am sick of everyone going "but this is the BRF and they are special". They may be well known but in an age of instant communication they need to get real and get their ducks in a row. The merging of the three royal PR centers is a huge start. If, as someone stated, the embargo covering the release of photo's of Prince George was broken then the BRF PR needs to look at how they are doing business.

We have moved past the days of relying on the media to sit on stories for any length of time, so what were they thinking . . . they need to do an instantaneous release covering all the bases. They absolutely do not control the media but they really do need to be more accessible to Britain and the Commonwealth. Playing the "we're just too damned special to be bothered" is doing more harm than good. I think more New Zealanders know who and what Princess Mary of Denmark and her children are rather than any detail about the Cambridges and Prince George.

And yes, I think they should have photo regular shoots. Sure some may still be a problem but it could cut the bad press. As for anyone encroaching, well they need to take a leaf from Zara's book.

https://www.google.co.nz/url?sa=t&r...xuzSjiObVDe_zJEvQ&sig2=ygZGY-im__yQNkXDCqaBQg

Oh, and by the way . . . they had the grace to back off!

Last Tuesday William and Catherine held a meeting with some of the press - I posted the tweets from a couple of the reporters somewhere. Impression is mainly about the tour. They introduced the press to George, and Harry turned up unexpectedly.

It was at KP

My guess is that they asked for no pictures.

Why doesn't someone write a polite letter to the PR office and ask for scheduled photoshoots with George. Maybe Christmas, Easter, birthday etc. Maybe some one would take a hint.

If you want to see George, just wait 3 weeks and you can see him when they land in NZ.

Detailed Article Now Available - Maybe I Can Afford Maldives After All.

For anyone interested in what has actually been available to the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge while they were away in the Maldives, there is now quite a detailed article by Alison Boshoff online.

If some-one would shout me the airfare, I'll take the seven thousand pound basic deal and live on the prawn salad - cheapest way to do it.

But I don't want to anyone sitting in the armchairs, watching me in that bath thanks! :lol:

Sun Lion.

I rarely criticise European royals. I truly believe parliamentarian monarchies in Europe are the best political system we can have. All royals however, specially those in line to the throne, have to understand how much of A PRIVILEGE is to be royalty. They should be working double hard to convince people, all of us taxpayers, our euros are well spent in maintaining undemocratic head of states.

Unlike Queen Elizabeth, Prince Charles and Camilla, the only thing William and Kate seem interested about is exotic, expensive holidays. Not a good look.

Last edited:
For anyone interested in what has actually been available to the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge while they were away in the Maldives, there is now quite a detailed article by Alison Boshoff online.

If some-one would shout me the airfare, I'll take the seven thousand pound basic deal and live on the prawn salad - cheapest way to do it.

But I don't want to anyone sitting in the armchairs, watching me in that bath thanks! :lol:

Sun Lion.

What a hatchet job! Next time they make reservations, they must first ask the weight of the glass doors? At what weight does a door become inappropriate? Do not read it, unless you are in a happy mood and are only able to laugh at the hackneyed attempt at mudslinging.
Alison sounds the type who always steals the towels when she is on holiday, only regretting the place did not provide yummy, thick robes as well. And yes - that was the rare personal attack, from me.

Royal Central ‏@RoyalCentral 14h
Tomorrow the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge will attend the St Patrick’s Day parade with the Irish Guards-Kate will present shamrocks to them

Royal Central ‏@RoyalCentral 40m
St Patrick’s Day is a day of tradition for the Irish Guards. It all begins at 6am with the wake up of 'Gun Fire’ - coffee and Irish whiskey…

Royal Central ‏@RoyalCentral 38m
Then, at 8am is the traditional church service. The parade begins at 11am when the guards and @IrishGuardsBand march on to the parade square

I rarely criticise European royals. I truly believe parliamentarian monarchies in Europe are the best political system we can have. All royals however, specially those in line to the throne, have to understand how much of A PRIVILEGE is to be royalty. They should be working double hard to convince people, all of us taxpayers, our euros are well spent in maintaining undemocratic head of states.

Unlike Queen Elizabeth, Prince Charles and Camilla, the only thing William and Kate seem interested about is exotic, expensive holidays. Not a good look.

so because they take a few vacations a year that's all they care about? Well Catherine has a lot to do with various Art programs, so obviously all she cares about is art.

I get people wanting Will & Kate to do more and I do agree, but the BRF is unique compared to the other royal families. In the other European families, the monarch is Charles' age (or a little older) and the heir is older than Will. But Will isn't the heir, Charles is. Will has many years to go (God willing) before he's even the heir. I don't think it's fair to expect Will & Kate to have the schedule of a Mary & Fred or Victoria & Daniel. They're in a different position. If Will was the heir and he was doing the same things, I can understand criticizing him this harshly, but he's not.

I don't think it's unfair to allow Will & Kate to enjoy the time they have. I think they're both utterly aware of just how chaotic, in a sense, things will be when Will becomes heir. The BRF also have a lot more working members than any other European royal family.

Do I think they should take less vacations? Maybe. But I also don't know what they're doing when they're not in the camera's eye. I don't know how they spend their days besides when we see them outside. I am willing to give them the benefit of a doubt that they're doing things with their various organizations that they're involved with. I don't doubt that right now they're preparing for Australia & New Zealand. Kate's never been to either country (besides a brief stopover) and I'm sure she has quite a lot of studying to do.

Criticize them, sure, but I don't think it's fair to think they love exotic vacations more than anything else (although who wouldn't).

so because they take a few vacations a year that's all they care about? Well Catherine has a lot to do with various Art programs, so obviously all she cares about is art....
Criticize them, sure, but I don't think it's fair to think they love exotic vacations more than anything else (although who wouldn't).

I think it is much easier for us, Americans, to think time off is not such a bad thing for W and C. Many of us have kids who go off on spring break every year, our former president took lots of time off ( :lol: joking) and most of us wish we could vacation more.

It's not surprisng that people from the UK or the Commonwealth don't agree with our easygoing attitude about this, though.

IMO its not the amount of vacations, which don't seem like too much, but the amount ofwork, which is not visible enough

I think it is much easier for us, Americans, to think time off is not such a bad thing for W and C. Many of us have kids who go off on spring break every year, our former president took lots of time off ( :lol: joking) and most of us wish we could vacation more.

It's not surprisng that people from the UK or the Commonwealth don't agree with our easygoing attitude about this, though.

:argh: That is not what I said at all. I didn't say it's not a bad thing for them to vacation. I just don't think they should be vilified because that happens to be all we've seen so far. If they worked every day or at least three times a week (publicly) for the rest of the year, would the public still be angry for how they started the year? Undoubtedly, yet taking a couple of vacations to start the year wouldn't diminish the work they do.

I have an eh view of Will & Kate. I don't love them, but I don't hate them. I don't think they deserve the hate they get from the media or the fandom, but I don't think they are flawfree people who shouldn't be criticized. Yes, right now, they look lazy. But what aren't we seeing? We don't know what they're doing when they're not off in the Maldives or wherever. I don't need to know every time they make a visit to a patronage or a school. I don't need to know every time they have a meeting. But I'm not a British taxpayer, so in the end, my opinion means little, if anything.

They work. As much as Madeleine, or Marie & Joachim, or Laurent & Claire, or Elena. They have the unfair position of having everything they do, besides the work, being put into the media. We're told every time they go on vacation, but the media doesn't know every time they meet with a patronage. Whose fault is that? Will & Kate? Their PR? The media?

Be unhappy that it seems like they've started their year off with vacation after vacation, but admit you don't know the full story, admit that we're only three months into the year and there is still so much for them to do or not do in the public eye.

I'll be happy to come back in July and December and admit that Will & Kate didn't do much during the year and it's disappointing.

that's just my view though. Goodness knows you all are free to see Will & Kate as you wish.

I hope and wish the festivities and preparations for the crowds that pass, attend and participate in the center of marching paraders and stationary men to celebrate the luck of the green clovers on St. Patricks day, if I'm understanding it. Will will lead his bride and future Queen surrounded by a malaise of onlookers and revelry of many passers through gates and corridors that lead into the stands where bystanders will cheer, wave and shout out slogans, songs and rhymes in gesture of the oncoming traditional Irish marking of well wishing and branding of lot's of good luck and happiness and intoxicating fun, fun, fun. I pitch you a pint of the green stuff, some smiling and some more good luck. Luck of the Irish to you and of course may you find English audiences loud and proud. Cheers to you. Bye. George.

IMO its not the amount of vacations, which don't seem like too much, but the amount of work, which is not visible enough

Correct.
You have the Impression, they are doing 3 Public Engagements and then they are going off for (expensive and luxury) Holidays again.
BYe Bine

What a cutie pie. Hopefully, Lupo won't be too jealous when Mum & Dad come home with other dog on them :)

Richard Palmer tweeted:
The Duke+Duchess of Cambridge have arrived at an Irish Guards St Patrick's Day parade in Aldershot. Kate's in a Hobbs coat, Gina Foster hat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom