Duke and Duchess of Cambridge Current Events 6: January 2014 - September 2016

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO its fine for royals to release their own videos/photographs etc but not to go so far as to excluding the media entirely.

The photos in the Daily Mail article have watermarks from Getty Images, The Press Association, The Associated Press and South West News Service.

Seems the event was well covered by the press.

OK, I am officially unhappy that somehow the press chooses the Cambridges as unable to be like the rest of us, like that were their decision. Worrying about children is a leveler. Admitting that being a rescue pilot can get a bit heavy is a leveler. Looking people in the eye is a leveler.

Just because they are related to the Queen does not mean that everything comes easily to them. The money, home, food and stature are the "comes easily" bit. But anyone who has ever read a well-researched bio of any famous person knows that EVERYONE is challenged by life. While most of us can overcome most of our hurdles, most of us also struggle with persistent issues.

I firmly believe that Wills knows his demons and is facing them with his work. Kate helps with that, and I am sure that she has her baggage as well. She just hides it better.

And frankly, I don't think the media has any rights at all to that process of moving on. Not in our lives and not in theirs.

Every place the Cambridges go, if known, becomes a circus, a nuisance to the local law enforcement w/ crowd control and perhaps a burden on the charity/venue visited having to field phone calls & the like. To keep quiet about the visit until after the fact avoids the large circus for a smaller, more manageable side show, IMO.
I do like the thought that by direct marketing the Cambridge PR machine is getting some of the gutter press'es clicks, tho'.

Sorry to be a cynic about the PR team but... That's spin. I would much rather a fair, unbiased Fifth Estate reporting on any politician, royal or celebrity than whatever spin the paid PR team are putting on the activities of public figures.

William has talked about this sort of thing before. He's royal patron of Child Bereavement UK, a charity with close ties to his mother.

A speech William gave last year:

Prince William pays tribute to mum Diana: ''Grief is the most painful experience a child or parent can endure'' - Mirror Online

Yes, he has made a number of speeches on the topic and citing his own loss. I meant to personally share his loss and grief with a present day young lad of the same age group going through the same thing. It's a very personal thing to do.

What a great visit so far. Huge crowds and everyone looks like they're enjoying themselves.

She may still be. And willing to suffer the consequences the following day(s).

I love their ability to empathise with young people.

After visiting the cathedral, both Kate and Wills went on a walkabout to meet and greet with hundreds of people who came to catch a glimpse of the royal couple and wish them well.

When a teaching assistant noted how much Prince William looks like his late mother, Princess Diana, William responded, "My mum was better looking."

Afterwards, the royal couple stopped by Zebs youth center to talk to kids about careers, dreams and goals. While there, William admitted that it took "an awfully long time" for him to figure out what he wanted to do with his life, so he told the group that it's totally OK to take some time to figure it all out.

"Do any of you know what you would love to be? Do you have some aspirations?" Kate asked the group.

"It is totally cool not to have that, by the way," William interjected. "It took me an awfully long time to work out what I wanted to be."

"It is so difficult because there's so much out there," the duchess added. "It is hard, isn't it, to pinpoint one thing? William is right. I found it difficult as well."

Many of the kids breathed a sigh of relief after hearing from Kate and William, feeling reassured that they didn't have to have their lives figured out already.

"They are both higher class and stuff like that so it is just reassuring that we can do well as well," one student shared. "They just sounded very interested in everything. They do genuinely want to know what it is like."
Read more: Prince William and Kate Middleton Give Life Advice to Kids While Touring Cornwall | E! News

Emily Andrews-
Kate put paid to long established rumors that she's allergic to horses by stroking 'Duchess' the shire horse today-
https://mobile.twitter.com/byEmilyAndrews/status/771356301108604928/photo/1

Catherine is around horses a lot. Pretty much prove that she's not allergic.

Aww.:wub: Where's Robert Hardy? He and the horse would be in heaven. Totally a Siegfried moment. I feel like I'm watching an ACGAS Royal edition episode- great idea if you ask me. Another observation- this couple has some of the most unbelievable smiles I have ever seen- in the top five.
Looking forward to photos from the beach and to tommorow.

The slates they signed, are they to be auctioned off for fundraising?

I think the allergy story is very unlikey to be true.

LaRae

She may still be. And willing to suffer the consequences the following day(s).
Considering it was denied around the time of the wedding, this rumor has stuck way too long :p

The slates they signed, are they to be auctioned off for fundraising?

I think the allergy story is very unlikey to be true.

LaRae
No, people pay money to be allowed to put a message on the slates that will be put up on the cathedral (message down). So William and Kate signing them was to bring awareness to the cause so more people want to sign them. And it will be a great story for tour guides in the future. "And here King William and Queen Catherine signed the slates that is part of the roof"

Last edited by a moderator:
That's a great photo love to know what Kate was saying

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

That has to be one of the nicest photos I've seen of the Cambridges in a while. It does seem like they were thoroughly enjoying themselves in Cornwall. :D

i also didn't know they denied the horse allergy rumour. it makes sense though as kate was at the polo with william many times...

great outing, as usual. kate is just pure charm. what a great incorporation to the family. william clearly knew what he was doing!

Imagine Prince George and Princess Charlotte in overalls :D

Her destiny is to be a queen, but the Duchess of Cambridge has revealed she would secretly love to be a farmer, and is making sure her children have what it takes to farm when they grow up.

With 130,000 acres of land coming their way when the Duke of Cambridge eventually inherits the Duchy of Cornwall from the Prince of Wales, the family will not be short of places to drive tractors and combine harvesters.

The Duchess chatted to Bea Hodge, 15, of Wadebridge Young Farmers, during a visit to Newquay’s Towan Beach.

Miss Hodge said: “She said she was teaching George and Charlotte all about the farm at Sandringham. She's been teaching George the difference between barley and wheat and everything they grow on the farm there.

“She wants the children to learn all about farming and the apples in their orchard. She said she'd secretly like to be a young farmer.”
Read more: Prince George and Princess Charlotte are learning how to be farmers from the Duchess of Cambridge*

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom