Duke and Duchess of Cambridge Current Events 6: January 2014 - September 2016

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
XLP works in more than 75 schools in London to help young people who are facing emotional, behavioural and relational challenges. The programme run by the charity sees at-risk 11-18 year olds matched with a community mentor who commits to providing them with two hours face-to-face time each week for a minimum of 12 months.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hzPBkn-N8o4

Video:
The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge on Friday heard first-hand accounts of young Londoners' battle to reject knife crime. Kate Middleton and Prince William met with the founder of charity XLP, Patrick Regan, and the children who had benefited from his programme, and heard about their experiences with gang violence, crime and family issues at the Hallows on the Wall in London-

Home - ITNSource News

Moderators, please move this comment if it's in the wrong area. I've been thinking lately about the Cambridges' involvement in mental health issues, particularly with children. I've wondered if, at least in part, William's interest stems from his mother's very difficult childhood and how it affected her in later life. We know, for example, that she suffered from bulimia. If it's true that she talked with William about the grown-up issues she was facing, perhaps she also talked about her parents' break-up and how it affected her. :ermm:

^^^I can see that there is a possible connection between Diana's difficult childhood and an interest in providing support to children. It is possible too that Sarah, Jane and Charles have discussed it with their nephews as well.

I'm sure Will Kate and Harry would have been advised on what causes to take up all part of the on going plan.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

I'm sure Will Kate and Harry would have been advised on what causes to take up all part of the on going plan.

I think so too. The issues of mental health fit very tidily into the groups that make up their Royal Foundation.

Hmmm can't really see the front of the dress. The back looks nice enough.

LaRae

The Duchess of Cambridge attends a reception at Kensington Palace in London during which they met young people from India and Bhutan living, studying or working in the UK, ahead of her and her husband, the Duke of Cambridge, tour to India and Bhutan. It will be the first time Their Royal Highnesses have visited either country.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mCEEmUJ736g&feature=youtu.be

William putting his arm around Kate at the end of the video is too cute

Last edited by a moderator:

William enjoys putting his arms around her. Important to keep that connection going. They are going to enjoy this tour together.

"Kate is a fan of Indian food but William struggles with spices, they told guests at the Kensington Palace reception tonight"
https://twitter.com/QueenVicMirror/status/717787199819890688

I can't take too much spice either. It will rip you another hole!!!

Last edited:
When they first started dating, they wouldn't touch each in public to try to keep the relationship undercover. William probably relishes the fact, they don't have to hide anything anymore. They are always touching each other.

When they first started dating, they wouldn't touch each in public to try to keep the relationship undercover. William probably relishes the fact, they don't have to hide anything anymore. They are always touching each other.

Yeah, they really tried to keep things undercover in those days, but there were a few slip ups. Now, they can just let go. It's not easy to keep your love and affection for each other private.

The Duchess of Cambridge attends a reception at Kensington Palace in London during which they met young people from India and Bhutan living, studying or working in the UK, ahead of her and her husband, the Duke of Cambridge, tour to India and Bhutan. It will be the first time Their Royal Highnesses have visited either country.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mCEEmUJ736g&feature=youtu.be

Yes I agree Rudolph...it was very lovely the bit at the end.

LaRae

I think they really care about each other too and the little looks/glances and touches really reinforce that.

LaRae

Do we think Catherine is busy cutting carrots and William busy filling the fridge with drinks in preparation for the dinner with the Obama's today?

Do we think Catherine is busy cutting carrots and William busy filling the fridge with drinks in preparation for the dinner with the Obama's today?

Yup, they're getting ready. Catherine probably want everyone stay out of her way in the kitchen. I'm sure her and their housekeeper is beyond busy. ;)

I imagine they borrowed a chef and some footmen from Clarence House. Apt 1a would have a kitchen downstairs. Margaret used to throw a lot of dinner parties back in the day.

Rebecca English ‏@RE_DailyMail
The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge will attend the Secretary of State for Northern Ireland's Garden Party on Tuesday 14th June 2016.
The Secretary of State for Northern Ireland has hosted this event annually since 1984. Around 2,500 guests are invited each year.
A Royal guest of honour attends each year - last year it was the Earl and Countess of Wessex and the year before that the Queen and DoE.

No Ascot tomorrow then as Ireland calls. ;)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom