Duke and Duchess of Cambridge Current Events 6: January 2014 - September 2016

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
People may be bent out of shape over this little getaway but once the couple get back, perform some official engagements and the tour kick off, they'll get over it.

People may be bent out of shape over this little getaway but once the couple get back, perform some official engagements and the tour kick off, they'll get over it.

And there lies my issues, as soon as they actually do their jobs, for a few weeks at a time, people forget how lazy they actually are.

They've got to build up their strength before going on tour next mont. Those 3 engagements she's done this year will have taken a lot out of her. I mean, let them do what they want just don't complain when people call Kate in particular lazy.

Can you lend me your rose-tinted glasses please? Or is your entire post sarcasm?

Last edited:
This was probably planned in advance as William did not have any lectures planned for the week.

It still looks bad, especially not taking George.

It makes no sense to go on vacation without George & then insist on taking him with to Australia & New Zealand.

The Australia & New Zealand trip could have been shorter. No need for the PR stunt with George in Australia/New Zealand.

Last edited:
I don't think William & Catherine are lazy but I also think they could be doing more and I'm hoping we'll be seeing even more of their official roles.

I honestly think people just calm down about this little trip for the couple. I think this trip counts as their first vacation of 2014. If they took a trip every two weeks, I would understand the harsh criticism.

I also think people are just going to have to get used to the idea of this couple taking a vacation during this time of the year because they will likely start taking annual family vacations. They may want to take George skiing or something. William's parents did the samething when he and Harry was children. They often went skiing, vacationed with the Spanish and Greek royals.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think William is lazy at all and he is well aware of the responsiblities he has and will eventually incur ... Kate is another story IMO 3 engagements not that many I agree and a holiday is not a crime but I beleive she needs to step up more now and they are only in Australia and New Zealand for a few weeks, so I think it is not too much to expect that she work on more and more often.... lazzy I cannot say but perception is everything IMO.

Last edited:
Dear Daily Mail, the RPOs would be with William, Kate and George no matter where they are whether it is the Maldives, Mike and Carole's house or KP. You just made their lives more difficult since you told all the crazies where the royals exactly are staying.

Kate until now has spent everyday with George since he was born. George can get used to the new nanny in the familiar comforts of the Middleton house with Grandpa Mike,Grandma Carole and dog brother Lupo nearby. While mummy and daddy can be big Willy and Babykins for a week ;)

It appears to be true that George was left at home with Carole... I think it's a kind of second honeymoon... Anyway, Wasn't William supposed to be attending the famous 10-week course? It started the 7th of January...MMM

According the Express's Richard Palmer, William doesn't have any lectures for his Cambridge course this week which is why he could go and do the investiture for the Queen earlier in the week.

I can accept holidays, spending their money etc if they actually did any work when they got home. You can come up with all the excuses you like, they're a waste frankly.

He is at University, she is on maternity leave. What is the problem with that?

They certainly can't claim they're a normal family anymore.

Did they ever claim they were a normal family? Did they ever claim they will not have staff? This is the stuff that keeps getting repeated in the press and on the blogs, and has picked up a life of its own.

It appears to be true that George was left at home with Carole... I think it's a kind of second honeymoon... Anyway, Wasn't William supposed to be attending the famous 10-week course? It started the 7th of January...MMM

After 3 years a second honeymoon, wow.

The impression they give on the ordinary folk is desastrous. But thank god there is George, who will of course be taken on the tour because he completes some nice photo ops to erase the image of arrogant & lazy.

I guess they needed some time together... I know that many couple can't have "intimate" time when babies arrive...

"Because the human race has nothing better to do then put other people down so that they can feel good about complaining about something.............just plain jealous and lazy and ignorant, ignore them and they will go away for good!"

Well said. Yes, I would like to be able to take vacations like they do but I do not have the financial resources they do. Am I jealous? Maybe, a bit. But I certainly do not begrudge them the benefits of those resources.

If I had the funds they do I'd be taking vacations when I could. Why not? They do what they are asked to do as far as engagements/charities. Past that they should be able to do whatever they want at their own expense.

Envy is an ugly thing.

LaRae

Excellent comments HRH Hermionie and Sun Lion.

As always, people are using the Royals to vent their own frustrations.

I guess they needed some time together... I know that many couple can't have "intimate" time when babies arrive...

That's what I've been saying. Sometimes couples need to get away to spend time with each other and get some of the "cookie" and I really don't see the problem with that.

As always, people are using the Royals to vent their own frustrations.

I agree, there are people who use public figures to vent their frustrations. Trust me, it will all calm down after a while and once the couple is back to their official engagements.

Last edited:
Sometimes I do wonder if Cambridges have commited mass murder the way some people react on here to a weeks holiday. About this time last year there was uproar about the Cambridges going to a wedding in the Alps and it was more widely reported in the press.

As for the Cambridges workload, yes the Cambridges could be doing more in my opinion. I suspect that this year the workload will go up a hell of a lot starting with the tour. This time next year the posters complaining that the Camrbidges don't do enough work will be complaining that they are over exposed.

I fully agree with this, you took the words right out of my mouth. :flowers: Honestly, a week's holiday is perfectly fine IMO. At first I thought that they were staying in the Maldives for two or three weeks, but it's only for one week...

Kate Middleton and Prince William jet off without George for 'second honeymoon' | Mail Online

While enjoying life is good if you have the funds, but it's not their money. It's from the taxpayers and from the pockets of Prince Charles. As for Kate, compared to Fergie, Diana, she's done next to nothing. Three engagements in three months is nothing.

While enjoying life is good if you have the funds, but it's not their money. It's from the taxpayers and from the pockets of Prince Charles. As for Kate, compared to Fergie, Diana, she's done next to nothing. Three engagements in three months is nothing.
It's not from the taxpayers, its there own money. You make it sound like Kate has only done three engagements in her whole entire time as a royal.

I am not envious I am angry. If they gave it all up tomorrow I wouldn't care how many holidays they went but when the taxpayer is giving you money they expect more return than watching you do very little and swan off on holiday (3 times between them in less than 3 months). And before anyone says they paid for it themselves their security and George's seperate security whilst they are gone is being paid for with my taxes.

:previous:
The would have security anyways whever they are here in UK or abroad.

I think there is a need to separate what we would all like to see happen in terms of the number of public engagements VERSUS what we have been told to expect.

I'd like to see them out and about more often, but I don't expect to. Therefore I don't get cross about lack of public engagements and/or holidays.

I understand that some people are frustrated by how things are being managed but it shouldn't be a surprise because it is exactly as set out.

Now if they said they were going to do something and then didn't or cancelled an event for their holiday then I'd be mad. As it is I shall wait and look forward to 17th March and the 20 something days in April. And before the end of September, I expect an announcement about what it is William is going to do.

And then I expect him to do it.

As for Catherine, I expect #2 will be on it's way by then.

And there lies my issues, as soon as they actually do their jobs, for a few weeks at a time, people forget how lazy they actually are.

Can you lend me your rose-tinted glasses please? Or is your entire post sarcasm?

Sarcasm. But who knows, maybe after a decade of doing nothing before she got married two or three engagements at a time really do tire Kate out? We could be going too hard on her, ha, ha!

:previous:
The would have security anyways whever they are here in UK or abroad.

I know and if they worked harder it wouldn't bother me but funding their security on holiday when they do little in between does bother me very much.

Well, I don't understand criticism of the couple.

They are still young, have a little child, and will probably announce another pregnancy this or next year.

Very soon William will have much more duties and in future he and Kate will take many more engagements.

Sarcasm. But who knows, maybe after a decade of doing nothing before she got married two or three engagements at a time really do tire Kate out? We could be going too hard on her, ha, ha!

So, you are really saying she has done nothing for the past 13 years? What about a bit honesty?

Lets see: from to 2001 to 2005, she was a student at St. Andrews. The following year, she started to work at Jigsaw. She also worked at the Middleton family business.

Since her marriage, she has slowly taken on the role of Royal wife, perfoming engagements in the UK and abroad.

Oh, and she has done the most important thing: she provided a heir to the Throne. Now, she's in maternity leave. And, if I understand it correctly, maternity leave in the UK can last a year.

Now, she's heading for three week tour, representing the Crown in two Commonwealth Realms.

As I see, she has done much more than nothing, as you said.

I have read most of the posts related to the W-C's "vacation" and have not seen this aspect discussed...please excuse me if it has! W-C will be taking a number of their staff with them on their tour and they will all be quite busy most hours of their days (especially the new nanny). Has it occurred to anyone else that maybe they gave their staff a few days off prior to the busy days leading up to, during and after the tour so they could get their own business taken care of? Hence,George staying with Middletons and only security accompanying them on vacation. Just a thought!

...Now, she's in maternity leave. And, if I understand it correctly, maternity leave in the UK can last a year...
I find it embarrasing when people say she's on maternity leave as though she's the same as a regular woman who works in a 9-5 job 5 days a week. Most women on maternity leave will have less time on their hands than Kate did when (in royal terms) she was working.

While their private funds cover the cost of their flight, lodging etc...the taxpayer does pay for the security.:)

The other royals get their criticism on the forums but not as much as the British royals. I think the other royal houses perfer it that way, they can relax more than the British royals.

I think it's great that Michael & Carole decided to give William & Catherine a break by taking care of George while his parents go and have some private time. My grandparents did the samething for my parents when I was a little crumb snatcher.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom