Duke and Duchess of Cambridge Current Events 6: January 2014 - September 2016

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
sigh
how many holidays does one need
to recover from what?
oh yes, they need to rest for their upcoming tour
and afterwards they will need another vacation to recover from the tour

seriously, this is completely out of touch. they always claim to be so 'normal' but their attitude is far from it. they come across as spoilt, arrogant and lazy as hell.

I think that they 've started wrong the new year.... They have been almost flawless (except the topless) but after P. George's birth they have made several false steps... I hope that this doesn't aaffect their reputation... My opinion of them has certainly decreased.... Pity

To me it's all sound like we're obliged to justify their actions... I've always been very of them but now I'm not able to deny the truth anymore

I'm not saying it's a crime at all but they haven't had such a hard work that they need a holiday... especially Kate. I must admit that I'm not the only one who's thinking this...

:previous:
I just deleted my post. I do agree that to public eyes that it is rather odd. To say you lost all respect for them like Lumutqueen said is a bit dramtic. I admit I am a bit miffed that they have gone away with a tour coming up. But then who am to critisise what this wealthy couple do with their money. If I had the money I would do the same to be honest.

The lack of common sense from their PR alarms me. The hunting trip is Spain was stupid of William to do before Conference of poaching. This couple are just bad at PR.

I agree with you. It seems that since there was a reshuffle of the press offices the organization lacks.:eek:
I think that if they had more public engagements nobody would say something on their trip. Like in the previous years, the worked hard and the public opinion didn't mind when they went to Mustique etc...

Last edited by a moderator:
Richard Palmer@RoyalReporter

To the surprise of all of us in the British press pack, the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge appear to have gone on holiday to the Maldives

peppersmint ‏@_peppersmint_ 2 h

1. @RoyalReporter i can´t even. the most hard working royals ever. NOT.
  2. RT @RoyalReporter (...) the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge appear to have gone on holiday to the Maldives. #wtf

3. Victoria Finan ‏@victoriafinan 2 h
    @RoyalReporter Right, I've had it. I LOVED William and Kate and poo-poohed their critics. Today, I join them. TWO HOLIDAYS IN TWO MONTHS?
    Dettagli
  4. Victoria Finan ‏@victoriafinan 2 h
    @RoyalReporter Three engagements for the whole year so far?! Two holidays. A so called 'intensive course'? They need to grow up.
    Dettagli
  5. mojo ‏@JoJomorris1 49 min
    @RoyalReporter Hope they understand why general public dislike them. It's one long holiday....
    Dettagli
  6. Wesley Hutchins ‏@ComradeHutch 37 min
    @RoyalReporter I support the RF, but these back to back vacations are ridiculous: Christmas, Mustique, and now this? Wise up, W & K...
    Dettagli
  7. Wesley Hutchins ‏@ComradeHutch 36 min
    @RoyalReporter I can already see the republican attack lines. Not good.

Last edited:
I was actually expecting them to go on a little vacation before their official tour. They did this same thing in 2012 so I don't know people are acting like they are so surprised by it.

Their official engagements kick back in once they get back anyway.

Last edited:
People have short memories. This little holiday will be forgotton about once the tour starts.

Last edited:
If they choose to go on vacation, then that's that. Perhaps it was a bad step to make it public. Personally, I have no problem with them going, especially before a lengthy tour next month. I know that if I had a chance to go on a holiday every month, I would, especially if I used my own funds. They're enjoying their life. There's nothing wrong with that. It's not their fault that people around them can't do likewise.

People have short memories. This little holiday will be forgotton about once the tour starts.

I agree. I'm well known on here that think William & Catherine should be doing more official engagements but I really did expect them to go on a little vacation before the official tour. Time for them to get away and relax, get a little sun and get a little crazy ;)

Camilla went to the Indian spa before her tour of India and the Aussie/NZ/NPG jubilee tours

Here WK's vacations last year

Mustique with her family
Balmoral with his family
Swiss wedding weekend

Since it appears they left George at home, it seems like WK are celebrating their wedding anniversary early since Apr 29 will be right after a 25 hr plane trip home.

I can accept holidays, spending their money etc if they actually did any work when they got home. You can come up with all the excuses you like, they're a waste frankly. They certainly can't claim they're a normal family anymore.

Since it appears they left George at home, it seems like WK are celebrating their wedding anniversary early since Apr 29 will be right after a 25 hr plane trip home.
Excuse me? Left George at home.

The people in Maldives are not mentioning George being with them. So he is at home in England probably with Mike and Carole I would guess. He could be there but the Internet tweets and such don't mention him.

AGAIN? How many breaks do they need? Sorry, don't know want to sound harsh but I can't see the necessity of more vacations

Who cares? They can afford the vacations, they're paid for privately, and it's probably great for their marriage to get time together like that, which is really the most important thing for them.

We weren't expecting them to be doing engagements between now and 17th March.

So why the outrage? They are not full time working royals so their time is their own.

If they are alone, I think this just proves how real this couple are. They have a baby at home and their groove is probably being disturbed. So it may be that they are taking a little time to get things together. There's more to the royals lives than just the official side of things.

I'm assuming we're all grown people here so you guys know what I'm talking about. Just being real.

AGAIN? How many breaks do they need? Sorry, don't know want to sound harsh but I can't see the necessity of more vacations

Well let's see...Kate went on a vacation with her family, which she takes every year, normally with her husband. William went on a short weekend (I think?) break with his brother and a couple friends. William has been in a 10 week course so they probably haven't had much time together so they are going on little break as a couple without baby. They don't take many vacations (actually one or two) each year so it's not a big deal plus they've both been doing a couple of engagements already so they haven't been sitting at home.

My guess is they are living their own lives and minding their own business and not worried about everyone else which they shouldn't be.

Well let's see...Kate went on a vacation with her family, which she takes every year, normally with her husband. William went on a short weekend (I think?) break with his brother and a couple friends. William has been in a 10 week course so they probably haven't had much time together so they are going on little break as a couple without baby. They don't take many vacations (actually one or two) each year so it's not a big deal plus they've both been doing a couple of engagements already so they haven't been sitting at home.

My guess is they are living their own lives and minding their own business and not worried about everyone else which they shouldn't be.

Who cares? They can afford the vacations, they're paid for privately, and it's probably great for their marriage to get time together like that, which is really the most important thing for them.

I agree with this.

I say take breaks/vacations when you can. As William and Catherine get older and their children get older (and their workload increases), these breaks will be fewer and fewer.

If they are alone, I think this just proves how real this couple are. They have a baby at home and their groove is probably being disturbed. So it may be that they are taking a little time to get things together. There's more to the royals lives than just the official side of things.

I'm assuming we're all grown people here so you guys know what I'm talking about. Just being real.

So a young couple whose groove is being disturbed by a baby is flying out to the maldives to get it back? How real is that?
But the next photoshoot is certainly around the corner to prove how real or normal they are.

Someone please tell me where this couple wanting to be "normal" comes from.

I recall Diana saying that she wanted the boys to have as normal a childhood "as possible" - so she knew there were limits. But that was translated in the British media as "living a normal life".

I think the same thing has happened again - these 2 know that they don't have a normal life - but the media keep pushing that message. There is nothing normal about unique status, millions in the bank; security 24/7; most pictured woman in the world; etc etc.

Hope they have a good time.

Wasn't there a guardian article a couple of days ago complaining about W&K being too normal and should be more royal?

Well, in reality, royals are normal people but just live in different circumstances and have different responsibilities. No matter what titles you may have, money in the bank, cars, castles and palaces, you're still normal human beings and will live and die like everybody else.

I too hope they have a good time.

Excellent statements cepe and dman. Honestly I believe that all the royals have the same concerns as most of us. Health, family, stress etc.. are things that most of us share as human beings.

The reigning royals are wealthier than most of us, have access to top notch healthcare and education. They also have security and privacy issues that most of us will hopefully never have to concern ourselves with. The reigning head of state and heir are often subject to extra scrutiny. The hint of impropriety could affect the entire institution ie: Spain.

I believe that they do try to have a "normal" life to some degree, but it will never be the life that most of us lead.

...Since it appears they left George at home, it seems like WK are celebrating their wedding anniversary early since Apr 29 will be right after a 25 hr plane trip home.
Exactly. People are acting like they vacation all the time. Last year they took a total of about 2-3 weeks vacation time. It was the same the year before that. I imagine it will be the same this year.

As for George not going with them, I don't find that odd. I know many couples that take the kids to the grandparents, so that they can spend a few days alone somewhere. And as Skippyboo said, their anniversary is right after their 3 week tour, so I see this as an early anniversary trip.

What's funny is that people had a problem with them vacationing apart (Kate's Mustique trip and William's weekend in Spain) and now we get to hear the complaints about them vacationing together.

What's funny is that people had a problem with them vacationing apart (Kate's Mustique trip and William's weekend in Spain) and now we get to hear the complaints about them vacationing together.

Yup, plus people hint that the marriage is in trouble every time they do things separately but then say they're lazy when they take time out as a couple.

It's good that they seem to be able to ignore the media and live the life they want.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom