The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 08-20-2011, 02:18 PM
Serene Highness

Yes, they need time to have "hall the sex they want."
(Or, as the cemetery plot salesman said, "get a lot while you're young.")

Old 08-20-2011, 03:20 PM
Commoner

Have you actually looked at the property? The only "cottage" is the Garden Cottage, nice but it's on the beach. Accessible from anyone walking along that way. Too accessible to photographers from across the water. No way. As are both the Front and Back Lodges. I doubt they are in the stables or dog kennel or the cattle weighing house. After the car goes through the electric gate, you can't see which building it stops in front of.

Hinton Admiral is the Tapps-Gervis-Meyrick main home, where they do most of their charity from. Bodorgan was inherited from an aunt on his mothers side, I think. Just doubt the Meyrick's are actually there all that much. A suite of rooms in Boddargan Hall is my guess, where the young royals are living. It was asked once before "where do all the security stay?"

Well, a stately home that big has loads of room. And loads of staff. I seriously doubt the Duchess is cooking and washing his socks and scrubbing the sink while he's gone all day. There are plenty of other people on the estate to do such chores, including grocery shop. I seriously doubt Jean Louise Tapps-Gervis-Meyrick does her own grocery shopping, and she's not married to the Queen's grandson.

It IS the perfect solution, being as isolated and unknown as it is. Even people who research stately homes are unfamiliar with Bodorgan Hall. It's never been opened to the public, and few photos even exist. Someone at the palace looked into this thoroughly.

It is a nice little romantic story though, that they are renting the cottage from them, and picking up after themselves. I do wonder what one does with oneself knocking around a stately home (you don't own) all day? Bertie Wooster stories come to mind... Probably invite friends up to stay (secretly of course). Lawn croquette with the security? And occasionally telling the housekeeper, "Give me the list, I'll grocery shop!"

But hey, if you like the story, that's up to you. Personally, I'll eat my hat if it's true.

Old 08-20-2011, 03:25 PM
Nobility

There was a documentary on the CBC about the Cambridges. To me, it sounded like reporters know exactly where they live, but they would not reveal the location. IF it was true that they were on a grand estate, I would bet money that the info would have been leaked. People don't like hypocrites.
Old 08-20-2011, 05:01 PM
Serene Highness

Their last few years of 'real life'

Many young people from wealthy-even ultra-wealthy- families choose to have a modest lifestyle. Sure, they could live in a private suite at Whatever Hall or Whereever Palace. But this is the last chance they have to live the kind of life that their peers (not Peers!) live.

Why wouldn't they prefer a 'white-and washed country cottage' where no one is downstairs or down the hall? Of course it's quite likely that Catherine does the housework and cooking. As one who has done all the housework for a household of two, it's a piece of cake. Now that I have household help, I rather dread the days my 'daily' comes. I appreciate her efforts, but it is intrusive.

Apparently there are periods when William is gone for 48 or 24 hours of duty. That's when the laundry gets done and the vacuuming and the shopping. He comes home to a sweet smelling and immaculate house. Love ensues.

If they were living elsewhere, under false pretenses, one of the royal-hating tabs would have reported on it in detail.
Has anyone ever actually eaten their hat?
Old 08-21-2011, 04:28 AM
Courtier

Kate Anger at Body Image

Kate Middleton: Anger as she is hailed as pro-anorexia role model on U.S. websites | Mail Online

She looks terrible. You only have to look at her. If she is eating, her body is still turning to her own fat to sustain itself. I don't care what her friends say. Why she is a role model for anyone is beyond comprehension. The clothes look better on a scarecrow!
Old 08-21-2011, 08:43 AM
Heir Apparent

What a vast difference between the two photos of Kate. She looks so healthy in the first and so waif-like in the second. It's such a shame that these crazy groups are holding her up as an example for their extreme measures, and if she doesn't want to be a role model for anorexia then she needs to start putting back some serious weight.
Old 08-21-2011, 09:55 AM
Aristocracy

at first look, i didnt even realize the first picture was here. it is scarey the difference.
Old 08-21-2011, 11:40 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Britain

I think it's really sad that girls are using Kate (or anyone) as inspiration for anorexia.

I honestly don't think Kate is anorexic. Nor do I think she looks terrible in the 2nd DM photo. IMO, she looks slim but not unhealthy.

I do think she lost weight around the time of the wedding, but it seems as if she's put it back on - or almost anyway. For example, how much of a difference is there between the first photo taken in 2007 and the second one that was taken last month?

Photo #1 - Will Kate Attend Princess Diana Concert as William's date?- Just Jared
Photo #2 -Middleton Love

Maybe 5 or so pounds?

Or what about these photos? The first was taken in 2007 and the second one from July of this year?

#1 - Photos of kate middleont floral print dress 01 | Just Jared
#2 - Middleton Love

I do wonder why the DM is using a photo from 2003/2004 and trying to pass it off as 5 years ago.
Old 08-21-2011, 11:47 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by soapstar View Post
I think it's really sad that girls are using Kate (or anyone) as inspiration for anorexia.

I honestly don't think Kate is anorexic. Nor do I think she looks terrible in the 2nd DM photo. IMO, she looks slim but not unhealthy.

I do think she lost weight around the time of the wedding, but it seems as if she's put it back on - or almost anyway. For example, how much of a difference is there between the first photo taken in 2007 and the second one that was taken last month?

Photo #1 - Will Kate Attend Princess Diana Concert as William's date?- Just Jared
Photo #2 -Middleton Love

Maybe 5 or so pounds?

Or what about these photos? The first was taken in 2007 and the second one from July of this year?

#2 - Middleton Love

I do wonder why the DM is using a photo from 2003/2004 and trying to pass it off as 5 years ago.
Completely agree!Kate is not anorexic at all.If we take Allegra Versace,Donnatella's daughter,she could be considered anorexic,but neither Kate or Letizia.
Old 08-21-2011, 12:11 PM
Aristocracy

It's ridiculous to compare photos of Kate from 5 years ago (and obviously getting one where she looks slightly bigger) to today. Anorexia is a serious disease and shouldn't be taken lightly, but to insinuate that the The Duchess of Cambridge has an eating disorder without any proof whatsoever is very insensitive and unfair. Kate has been very slender for years. And to me she looks happy and healthy. Tabloids just love to sensationalize to sell papers. By the way, this story is old from months back. But Katie Nicholl has probably run out of stories... Not worthy of attention IMO.
Old 08-21-2011, 02:03 PM
Majesty

Quote:

Photo #2 -Middleton Love

Maybe 5 or so pounds?

#2 - Middleton Love

If I were to be honest, I see little to no difference. She leads a healthy lifestyle, and appears to be a rather active individual, so her body will reflect that. No reason to assume right away that it's something unhealthy. Whoever is choosing to use her to 'promote' eating disorders has some serious issues, since these disorders are not a laughing matter.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 08-21-2011, 02:05 PM
Heir Apparent

Thanks for the photos, Soapstar. I can't get over how well-developed Kate's arms are in the second set of photos in comparison to the rest of her frame! I don't think that she has an eating disorder, either. I have a sister who is very slender and loses weight easily from stress, nerves and constant activity, and I think it's a very similar case here. I had read that Kate does have a healthy appetite, and no doubt a great part of her weight loss had not been by choice at this point but due to similar factors in her new lifestyle. I still feel, though, that she could put back on the pre-wedding weight and perhaps that will continue. But it is despicable and pathetic that these groups are using Kate, or anyone else, as shining examples of anorexia to advocate that disorder.
Old 08-21-2011, 03:15 PM
Courtier

Quote:

Photo #2 -Middleton Love

Maybe 5 or so pounds?

#2 - Middleton Love

They also showed two very different views, one head on, looking wider and the last one from the side getting a "narrower view". Yes, she is slender but she certainly does not look unhealthy. For one thing it is clear that she has great muscle tone in her legs and her hair is in beautiful condition, neither of which would be the case if she was anorexic. It's just something to nag about, put pictures in the paper, and then sell them ......
Old 08-21-2011, 06:22 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess of Durham

They also showed two very different views, one head on, looking wider and the last one from the side getting a "narrower view". Yes, she is slender but she certainly does not look unhealthy. For one thing it is clear that she has great muscle tone in her legs and her hair is in beautiful condition, neither of which would be the case if she was anorexic. It's just something to nag about, put pictures in the paper, and then sell them ......
Indeed. Also, her mother is very slender and her father appears to be fit, plus both her siblings are quite slender. She more than likely comes by it genetically, and we know she's an active sportswoman.

I'm tired of seeing her criticized for her body.
Old 08-21-2011, 08:30 PM
Heir Presumptive

Kate looks fine to me. I see very little or no difference at all in the pictures. Kate & her family are very slender people so I don't really understand the riff raff on how she's so thin/needs to gain weight.

I can't believe the DM would mention she's a size 0. Kate is definitely not a US size 0. Far from it. With her height, she looks more like a US 8 or 10. The smallest size she could probably fit in, is a 6.
Old 08-21-2011, 09:41 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by yvr girl View Post
There was a documentary on the CBC about the Cambridges. To me, it sounded like reporters know exactly where they live, but they would not reveal the location. IF it was true that they were on a grand estate, I would bet money that the info would have been leaked. People don't like hypocrites.
On the week before their wedding, a big Brazilian TV show went to Angesley and showed their house, besides you can buy Vanity Fair with them on the cover and see it there. The house is not huge neither is where you would think a King in waiting is living.
There's not much of a difference between a stadium full of cheering fans and an angry crowd screaming abuse at you. They're both just making a lot of noise. How you take it is up to you. Convince yourself they're cheering for you. You do that, and someday, they will - Sue S.
Old 08-28-2011, 05:05 PM
Courtier

Moderators please move if this isn't the right thread.

News in Australia (at least 7 Sunrise) is reporting that Kate suffered a security scare and William promised to "protect her" but I can't find any news sources (telegraph, daily mail, guardian, anything...) that is reporting this. Does anyone know any more about this?
Old 08-28-2011, 06:20 PM
Courtier

OK they finally aired the segment and it seems that Kate said something about people being able to look into the windows of Nottingham Cottage at KP (I wonder who she supposedly said this to) but the 'royal correspondent' says that it is the safest palace next to Buckingham Palace.

So basically a load of nothing....
Old 08-28-2011, 06:34 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by American Dane View Post
OK they finally aired the segment and it seems that Kate said something about people being able to look into the windows of Nottingham Cottage at KP (I wonder who she supposedly said this to) but the 'royal correspondent' says that it is the safest palace next to Buckingham Palace.

So basically a load of nothing....
Somehow I doubt that 'anyone' could look inside the windows of any royal residence. They're usually behind gates and not too close to the main road (or at least from the pictures I've seen). Of course if it bothers her, she can always put up shades.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 08-28-2011, 10:32 PM
Heir Presumptive

Brava

THANK YOU!!!! I hate how people are so easy to throw around the word eating disorder for anyone who is skinny. Eating disorders are a serious and deadly situation and shouldn't be joked about or taken lightly. Plus anorexia and bulimia have other factors that cause them other than wanting to be thing; there is stress and the lack of control over a persons life. So claiming someone has an eating disorder would just put more stress on them.
IMO Kate has always been a skinny girl, yes recently she has lost weight but all indicators point to her being into working out and not having a problem with eating or keeping her food down.

Jaqueline Bouvier Kennedy, September 12, 1953
Countess Stephanie of Belgium October 20, 2012