The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 05-09-2011, 04:34 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitetiger View Post
Here is a bit more info on their lifestyle if anyone wants to take a read.

Down-to-earth Duchess goes shopping | Adelaide Now
While it is interesting, doing her grocery shopping, i.e. "being down to earth" is no news, why should it be? 250 years ago, one of Empress Maria Theresa's daughters already did her own shopping at the local market, and she was born royal - and extremely haughty - at that.

I do like Kate Middleton as Prince William's wife but I don't think people should make a fuss over absolutely nothing.

Kindness is the magic elixir of love - The Practice of Kindness
Old 05-09-2011, 09:19 AM
Serene Highness

poor thing....... i think she'll be followed just like her late mother n law

Old 05-09-2011, 12:44 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by semisquare
poor thing....... i think she'll be followed just like her late mother n law
Considering nearly every royal is followed, it's not surprising.
Old 05-17-2011, 04:24 PM
Aristocracy

Catherine the Duchess of Cambridge does not need a Lady-in-Waiting?

I read an article yesterday if it true that Catherine Duchess of Cambridge does not want a Lady-in-waiting when she visits Canada. This is very stupid she cannot do certain things by herself while cost has to be kept at a minimal it is appropriate that certain royal customs be kept. I hope that she and Prince William do not try to override customs that are important to their duties. "If we swim against the tide we will drown". Go along with the flow when it is required. "Prevention is better than cure"
Old 05-17-2011, 07:13 PM
Heir Apparent

They'll have other staff travelling with them who can do the Lady-in-Waiting's duties, though. I'm sure that there'll be an equerry and a private secretary. And if Kate finds it too much, she can have a Lady-in-Waiting in the future. I don't see this as being the end of the royal world. There'll still be the jewels and the formal dinners and the palaces and the patronages.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hilda Thomas View Post
I hope that she and Prince William do not try to override customs that are important to their duties. "If we swim against the tide we will drown". Go along with the flow when it is required. "Prevention is better than cure"
Old 05-18-2011, 06:15 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Pam View Post
Yea but the other royals don't get as much as attention as the BRF. Especially here in the US. I don't remember as much hype on Victoria & Daniel's wedding like William & Catherine's.
All depends upon where you live.
Old 05-19-2011, 01:35 AM
Aristocracy

There is a bond between the British and Americans

I would presume to say that the reason why the Americans are interested in the British Royal family than any other royals around the world, is the United States of America was once a British colony although centuries have past. The bond still exists.

In the 1800 and early 1900, the wealthy families in the United States seeked husbands for their daughter (in england) especially those with titles like Duke, Earl and Baron. ( eventhough the titled suiters were pennyless) marrying their daughters to an Englishman (was a Feather in ones Cap")

After the Pilgrims set foot in this country and later years there was war between American and England that navel - string was never cut. The first and second world wars proved their love for each other (the greatest Allies). King George 111 lost America to George Washington but we the former colonist are still interested in merry old England and its royals.
Old 05-19-2011, 03:42 PM
Administrator

Please note that all posts regarding the honeymoon of William and Catherine have been moved to http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...l-30728-8.html .

Old 06-11-2011, 04:45 AM

I think she would do a lot worse than follow CP Mary's style
Old 06-11-2011, 07:43 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

Kate Middleton speaks of 'blissful' marriage to Prince William
Mirror.co.uk article
Old 06-14-2011, 10:10 AM
Serene Highness

That's what happens when you take a tabloid story as a base for an article. Corrections on the article about house staff
Corrections and clarifications | From the Guardian | The Guardian
There's not much of a difference between a stadium full of cheering fans and an angry crowd screaming abuse at you. They're both just making a lot of noise. How you take it is up to you. Convince yourself they're cheering for you. You do that, and someday, they will - Sue S.
Old 06-14-2011, 11:43 AM
Heir Presumptive

This is of no import at all, except the clarification about PoW's Man of the Toothpaste.
Old 06-14-2011, 11:23 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by BritishRoyals
Take note: William & Kate NEVER said anything about staff. They don't talk. Neither did the palace. So to say that "they made a big deal out of this" is definitely false and unfair
http://www.guardian.co.uk/theguardia...clarifications

They didn't but their press secretary did per his quote. Just saying i didn't pull the idea out of thin air .....

Yes, it's about the Wales house and not London but my point is as their press rep he did say about the help which is the same as them making the statement- just wanted to clarify my earlier point that someone did talk about it officially.
Old 06-15-2011, 12:26 AM
Courtier

If they were talking about their Wales home than why would anyone assume it meant the same things for their London home?

Especially when everyone believe they would still be living with Charles, Camilla and would be bunking with Harry. Clarence House is full staff, so they were never going to be without staff in London.
Old 06-15-2011, 12:32 AM
Aristocracy

I haven't read through every thread on this site to see if this has been discussed, but I had a thought earlier tonight. I remember that George V and Queen Mary had a cute habit with pillows ("May George?" "George May!") And I thought, perhaps we as a board should send Kate and Will some pillows as a wedding present! "Will Kate? Kate Will!" It's brilliant!
Old 06-15-2011, 01:32 AM
Heir Apparent

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincePatrick View Post
I haven't read through every thread on this site to see if this has been discussed, but I had a thought earlier tonight. I remember that George V and Queen Mary had a cute habit with pillows ("May George?" "George May!") And I thought, perhaps we as a board should send Kate and Will some pillows as a wedding present! "Will Kate? Kate Will!" It's brilliant!
I love it! That is so cute!
Old 06-15-2011, 05:37 AM
Heir Apparent

Very stupid discussion from the press!!!
Millions of average couples have a help at home, it is not the most luxurious act in the world!!! Why the future King of England and his rich wife should have not!

I understand that the last years the trend is to "democratize" royalty but they are not obliged to pretend to live worst that the poors!
Old 06-15-2011, 05:50 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

The press sure do like to take the discussion to another level just to make a story out of it.
Old 06-15-2011, 06:00 AM
Heir Apparent

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by fandesacs2003 View Post
Very stupid discussion from the press!!!
Millions of average couples have a help at home, it is not the most luxurious act in the world!!! Why the future King of England and his rich wife should have not!

I understand that the last years the trend is to "democratize" royalty but they are not obliged to pretend to live worst that the poors!
What baffles me is that people don't see that Kate is not a "rich wife". Her parents have made a good financial nest egg over the years which Kate probably does stand to inherit from but that doesn't mean she has unlimited access to those funds. Same with William. He's inherited from his mother and most likely a trust fund maybe from his great grandmother (we really don't know what William's state of financial affairs are do we?) To assume that they can snap their fingers and buy what the heart desires is probably not the case.

I've said it before and I'll state it again that I really think that when they are at home on Anglesy, they live off William's pay as a SAR pilot. One reason that some folks do have a healthy bank account is because they learn to live within a budget. Having help where it is needed is not a luxury... its a necessity.
Old 06-15-2011, 06:34 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincePatrick View Post
Very clever