The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 06-19-2012, 08:30 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Whilst this topic, like the Mary one, will be cut off rather sharpish I imagine. My two pennies would be that there is no need for an heir right this minute. As anyone would know age isn't particularly a problem in the world of pregnancy nowadays so I don't see why this couple cannot enjoy married life for a few years.

We've heard that the couple want a family, let them decide or let it be a surprise. Whenever it occurs no magazine will have the news before BP will.

Old 06-19-2012, 09:22 AM
Heir Presumptive

I think age is a problem; chances of conceiving naturally decline in the thirties.

Old 06-19-2012, 10:05 AM
Heir Presumptive

Honestly, there's too much reading into the pictures that there need be. Those cameras are constantly snapping away and caught bad pictures of William who seems to be "unhappy" with Kate and Kate looks "sad." For goodness sake, they're watching planes fly by!
Old 06-19-2012, 11:23 AM
Heir Presumptive

Kate's only 30, and obviously keeps fit and healthy. I don't think they need to worry just yet.
Old 06-19-2012, 12:09 PM
Courtier

I think they are enjoying they are trying to get settled before jumping into baby planning. Not to be negated is that they are virtually living between 2 homes, the jubilee, the olympics, a jubilee tour on behalf of the Queen and moving into a new home that is undergoing major renovations. Even for a couple with their support system and means, this would have been a hectic year to be pregnant and having a child. I do think there will be an announcement by the new year with a new royal baby in 2013.
Old 06-19-2012, 12:48 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel View Post
I think age is a problem; chances of conceiving naturally decline in the thirties.

According to What Is The Best Age for Getting Pregnant?, fertility starts to decline at age 25/26. Kate is already behind the proverbial 8 ball.

But, declines rapidly after 35. I think she's in pretty good shape to get pregnant without too much help from doctor's.
Old 06-19-2012, 01:20 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel View Post
Crown Princess Victoria of Sweden gave birth to Estelle at the age of 34.

The decline in fertility in Kate's age group is small.
Old 06-19-2012, 01:58 PM
Heir Presumptive

I'm 27 and not only have no children but no man in my life with whom I would want to have any. You're all making me feel like a spinster!
Old 06-19-2012, 02:07 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Britain

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanRoyal View Post

Not to mention Princess Mary started having children at 33 (the twins were born when she was a month shy of 39). Princess Marie also had her first at 33 and little Athena was born when she was at 36.

In fact, it seems the majority of the younger royal wives (Letizia, Mette-Marit, Maxima, Mathilde) were in their 30's when they gave birth to their first or second child.

So I think there's plenty of time for Kate to start a family.
Old 06-19-2012, 02:09 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by EIIR View Post
I'm 27 and not only have no children but no man in my life with whom I would want to have any. You're all making me feel like a spinster!
EIIR, you have loads of time. I'm 44 and planning my first wedding. Course we don't want kids so that isn't an issue for us. Nevertheless, you will find your Mr. Right.
Old 06-19-2012, 02:21 PM
Aristocracy

There's no reason to think that a 30 year old woman will have an issue conceiving... or a 40 year old for that matter. I also agree that there's too much going on for them right now to make children practical. Nothing to see here folks, move on.....
Old 06-19-2012, 02:29 PM
Aristocracy

I love William and Kate but I'll be honest, I noticed that William looked distant during the jubilee. My first thought was, he's feeling the pressure from all sides and watching all the jubilee hoopla made it all real for him. I think he very much wants to stay out of the spotlight as long as possible but like he told Katie, he's finding it hard to fight off the pressures of his 'other' responsibilities. I felt like his real feelings showed when he let it slip that he's finding it hard to 'fight off' and then quickly corrected himself and added, 'or to balance the two' is proving difficult. I didn't think for a minute that there was a fight or problems between him and Kate.

About the trooping balcony appearance, I've seen a few videos. Honestly, he seemed fine to me. He talked to Kate and was smiling as well. Its just that first set of pics that came out were of him chatting with Harry and Beatrice.

You'll find plenty of pics here of the two of them smiling and chatting at the trooping of the color balcony appearance, at the polo and the garter day.

Getty Images - Search: catherine - duchess of cambridge, william

At last year's balcony appearance, William showed a rare moment of PDA in public. I was truly surprised to see him with his arm around Kate while talking to her. Its very clear that he's not in to PDAs. I just think he was being protective of her and showing her the ropes. This year, she doesn't really need him to be that protective. Besides, they were standing next to HM and DoE. It wouldn't have looked appropriate for them to be lovey dovey. Also, smiled at each other when William walked past her during the Garter procession.

I think William did feel the pressure during the celebrations but towards the end, he started to relax again. They looked sweet at the polo when William walked over to chat with her. So, to me everything is looking good.
Old 06-19-2012, 02:32 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duchess of Durham View Post
EIIR, you have loads of time. I'm 44 and planning my first wedding. Course we don't want kids so that isn't an issue for us. Nevertheless, you will find your Mr. Right.
Thank you, Duchess. I'm not sure I ever want to have children; I have a little nephew and niece whom I adore spending time with, but I also adore waving goodbye to them when it's time for them to go home!

Hope the wedding plans are going well and the stress of the whole thing isn't too bad. Just keep your eye on the honeymoon .
Old 06-19-2012, 02:48 PM
Aristocracy

some pics from the polo... @ Lupo trying to get their attention.

http://media3.onsugar.com/files/2012...1.xxxlarge.jpg

http://media3.onsugar.com/files/2012...xxlarge_wm.jpg

http://media4.onsugar.com/files/2012...xxlarge_wm.jpg

http://media3.onsugar.com/files/2012...xxlarge_wm.jpg

And I'd like to add that 30 is not too late to have babies. I had my first child when I was 33. And trying for another one at age 40. So there you go. You just need to eat healthy, exercise, take your vitamins and you'll be fine.
Old 06-19-2012, 02:56 PM
Courtier

so I wonder if William noticed Harry's teammate in the 4th picture checking out Kate
Old 06-19-2012, 03:00 PM
Heir Presumptive

My mum had me when she was 30 and my sister when she was 38; Kate is in no hurry at all. She and William should just take their time to get comfortable in their lives and eventually have a baby when they're ready for it.

Old 06-19-2012, 03:15 PM
Courtier

Prince William's 30th Birthday: An intimate portrait of a very modern prince | Mail Online

Very interesting article about their future and how they postponed having children earlier??
Old 06-19-2012, 05:11 PM
Serene Highness

Great article. And for the love of god will everyone calm down! We all know that the BRF always have protocol they have to follow and we know that William and Kate are under alot of pressure because they are the new modern royal couple that people are looking to with regards to the future of the monarchy. Of course they are probably thinking about what is expected of them and all the decisions that need to be made. Im sure alot of us deal with important decisions in our own way whether it be distant towards people or maybe we get quiet or possibly short tempered. I think its natural for William to be preoccupied and distant since he does have alot on his plate and Catherine of course being his wife would try to be understanding and would react according to his moods and physical reactions. Its all part of being married. I personally dont think there is a problem in the marriage but I do think there are alot of important issues that they need to deal with that might be causing a strain and there have been alot of appearances and engagements and doing this and that and quite frankly I would tend to think it would be exhausting! So I for one am exhausted by just writing what I said and by everyone freaking out over something that is probably nothing. Just two people dealing with alot of things we cant even imagine. Everyone is entitled to their opinion but lets not assume. We all know what happens when you assume. O.k. Im done. Just had to let that out. :)
Old 06-20-2012, 09:36 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanRoyal View Post

The decline in fertility is small at 30 but raises rapidly after 35, as do the chances of miscarriages, birth defects, pregnancy complications of all sorts. Women can and do have babies in their late 30's and 40's, it's just riskier on all fronts.
Old 06-20-2012, 09:46 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillKate View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichelleQ2 View Post
so I wonder if William noticed Harry's teammate in the 4th picture checking out Kate
Not actually. Its a bit of an odd photograph as the perspective is askew - but I believe Harry and the team mate are sharing a joke. The team mate is further forward and is not looking at Kate imo.