The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #221  
Old 09-14-2011, 01:33 PM
Baroness of Books's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Bookstacks, United States
Posts: 5,772
My thoughts, exactly, Lumutqueen. What palace? Unless Kate does wants Pippa to move into their premises at KP or the farmhouse w/the couple if the estate is large enough to accommodate her. But Wales may not be to Pippa's taste if she's a city girl. Who knows if the article is even true.

Anyway, there are some nice photos of Kate shopping in Hungerford in the DoC's Daytime Fashion thread, part 4.
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #222  
Old 09-14-2011, 02:25 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Windsor, Canada
Posts: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by expat View Post
Has Kate been seen lately? I haven't seen anything for ages.
They were spotted grouse shooting yesterday at an estate next to Balmoral.

Twitter / Annabel Blackett: I just met kate and wills! ...
.
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #223  
Old 09-14-2011, 03:02 PM
Baroness of Books's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Bookstacks, United States
Posts: 5,772
Well, that Twitter statement is just a teaser, in my mind. Would love some more details....
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #224  
Old 09-14-2011, 07:49 PM
MARG's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Christchurch, New Zealand
Posts: 4,042
That Twitter post is nothing but an "look at me" post. Who knows if she saw them, who cares!

It is yet another way of using Kate's name to get hits and using filthy language to shock. Pathetic!
__________________
MARG
"Words ought to be a little wild, for they are assaults of thoughts on the unthinking." - JM Keynes
Reply With Quote
  #225  
Old 09-16-2011, 06:19 PM
XeniaCasaraghi's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: 1729 Noneofyourbusiness Drive, United States
Posts: 2,349
I have always felt that William and Kate were actually quite boring as a couple. Boring is sometimes a good thing, and perhaps one of the ways for the media to stop obsessing over them (her in particular) is to continue to be boring.
As for turning her into another Diana, I believe the media are soulless bastards when it comes to that, they won't care if they ruin Kate like they ruined Diana as long as they get the story. I believe the person who is best suited to prevent another Diana situation is Kate and William themselves.
__________________
Princess Grace, April 19, 1956
Princess Margaret Rose, May 6, 1960
Crown Princess Mette-Marit, August 25, 2001
Jaqueline Bouvier Kennedy, September 12, 1953
Countess Stephanie of Belgium October 20, 2012
Reply With Quote
  #226  
Old 09-17-2011, 11:49 PM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: , United States
Posts: 1,059
yup

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARG View Post
That Twitter post is nothing but an "look at me" post. Who knows if she saw them, who cares!

It is yet another way of using Kate's name to get hits and using filthy language to shock. Pathetic!
i didnt get far in my reading of her post...the f-bomb ruin it for me
__________________
ain' no sunshine when i gone
Reply With Quote
  #227  
Old 09-18-2011, 11:56 AM
Baroness of Books's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Bookstacks, United States
Posts: 5,772
Quote:
Originally Posted by XeniaCasaraghi View Post
I have always felt that William and Kate were actually quite boring as a couple. Boring is sometimes a good thing, and perhaps one of the ways for the media to stop obsessing over them (her in particular) is to continue to be boring.
As for turning her into another Diana, I believe the media are soulless bastards when it comes to that, they won't care if they ruin Kate like they ruined Diana as long as they get the story. I believe the person who is best suited to prevent another Diana situation is Kate and William themselves.
I agree; I feel the couple would do well to duck their heads and keep below the radar by actually behaving normally and not inciting the press by flamboyant behavior. I don't think either of them is capable of the latter; they're just too level-headed and mature. Also, history speaks for itself and William knows better than to want any repeat of that with Kate. Nor would I believe she'd crave that for herself.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #228  
Old 11-11-2011, 03:26 PM
Baroness of Books's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Bookstacks, United States
Posts: 5,772
I'm not sure if this post belongs here or in the Duch of Cam current events so, mods, please feel free to move if needed:

So now that William will be deployed to the Falklands in January for 6 weeks, how will Kate occupy her time? Will she do some solo low-key public engagements, start getting involved in her charities, or keep under the radar until he comes home?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #229  
Old 11-11-2011, 03:37 PM
Lumutqueen's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Carlton, York, United Kingdom
Posts: 17,127
I think her keeping under the radar would be a huge mistake, William is seen off "fighting for his country" and his wife's just at home. I think this will be the time her "secret" charity talks and conversations will turn into actual work.
__________________
We Will Remember Them.
Reply With Quote
  #230  
Old 11-11-2011, 03:54 PM
Baroness of Books's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Bookstacks, United States
Posts: 5,772
Yes, most likely Kate would give the impression that she's plonked in front of the telly and eating chips if she doesn't make appearances, so I think it's logical that when it's announced what charities she's sponsoring, she'll be actively engaged with that.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #231  
Old 11-11-2011, 05:30 PM
Osipi's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Posts: 3,889
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baroness of Books View Post
Yes, most likely Kate would give the impression that she's plonked in front of the telly and eating chips if she doesn't make appearances, so I think it's logical that when it's announced what charities she's sponsoring, she'll be actively engaged with that.
As she has filled in for Charles recently and has been out to the opera with him, it very well could be that he's taking her under his wing and will be advising on just what to do while William is away.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #232  
Old 11-11-2011, 05:56 PM
Baroness of Books's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Bookstacks, United States
Posts: 5,772
I don't think Kate could get a better adviser, other than the Queen, than Charles and I'm sure he'll keep her time occupied. I wonder if it's a logical move for her to stay in London, rather than Wales, especially if she might be concentrating on her charities then. I'd think it would be a lonely 6 weeks in Wales, anyway, unless she has family with her.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #233  
Old 11-11-2011, 06:09 PM
Lumutqueen's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Carlton, York, United Kingdom
Posts: 17,127
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
As she has filled in for Charles recently and has been out to the opera with him, it very well could be that he's taking her under his wing and will be advising on just what to do while William is away.
I find that interesting, one engagement and the announcement they've been to the opera and it appears Catherine is the apple of Charles' eye. This is a general point osipi, nothing aimed at you m'dear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baroness of Books View Post
I don't think Kate could get a better adviser, other than the Queen, than Charles and I'm sure he'll keep her time occupied. I wonder if it's a logical move for her to stay in London, rather than Wales, especially if she might be concentrating on her charities then. I'd think it would be a lonely 6 weeks in Wales, anyway, unless she has family with her.
With her family involved in their own business based presumably in London, I don't see Catherine having any family with her in Wales. I have just thought however, is it that far fetched to see Catherine go with William to the Falklands and be the true army wife. I do not know if any of the statements have said anything to the contrary and it would certainly look badly on her from the wrong people but it's possible.
__________________
We Will Remember Them.
Reply With Quote
  #234  
Old 11-11-2011, 06:24 PM
American Dane's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: New York and Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 544
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
... I have just thought however, is it that far fetched to see Catherine go with William to the Falklands and be the true army wife. I do not know if any of the statements have said anything to the contrary ...
IIRC the MOD announced that the time frame (6 weeks-2months) was too small for any partners to accompany the officers and soldiers. So I imagine Kate wanted to go and William as well but it was vetoed.

Other posters may correct me if I have that wrong
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #235  
Old 11-11-2011, 06:24 PM
Osipi's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Posts: 3,889
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
I find that interesting, one engagement and the announcement they've been to the opera and it appears Catherine is the apple of Charles' eye. This is a general point osipi, nothing aimed at you m'dear.
I've just really gotten the impression that Charles and Kate have gotten along quite well and I do think Charles and William are close. Another example is on how well Kate and Charles worked together with plans for the wedding such as trees, flowers, music etc. I keep reminding myself too that they've known each other for quite a bit of time and its very possible that these two do have quite a bit in common. Charles certainly would be the perfect mentor for Kate I think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
With her family involved in their own business based presumably in London, I don't see Catherine having any family with her in Wales. I have just thought however, is it that far fetched to see Catherine go with William to the Falklands and be the true army wife. I do not know if any of the statements have said anything to the contrary and it would certainly look badly on her from the wrong people but it's possible.
From the little I've read about where William is to be stationed (nicknamed the Dark Star), it never occurred to me that Kate might possibly go also. As its only a 6 week stint, I would think its very unlikely though. My guess is that Kate will stay at their London place and find things to do around town while William is gone.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #236  
Old 11-11-2011, 10:35 PM
HRHHermione's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Boston, United States
Posts: 2,037
It would look very bad if they used their privilege to make it possible for Kate to go along when that's not allowed for all of the other army spouses. I believe it's been stated that this is the case- that it's a short deployment and no partners will be allowed to go along.

I would wager that she'll go stay at their London home while he's gone so she can be near her family and friends, and she'll do a low key solo engagement or two or perhaps one alongside the Prince of Wales or the Duchess of Cornwall.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #237  
Old 11-11-2011, 11:10 PM
Daria_S's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: My own head, United States
Posts: 7,024
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baroness of Books View Post
I don't think Kate could get a better adviser, other than the Queen, than Charles and I'm sure he'll keep her time occupied. I wonder if it's a logical move for her to stay in London, rather than Wales, especially if she might be concentrating on her charities then. I'd think it would be a lonely 6 weeks in Wales, anyway, unless she has family with her.
I think you're right about Her Majesty being a great advisor for her, followed by the Prince of Wales. Catherine is liked by her in-laws, so most likely, they'll make sure she's looked after, and given things to do, if it should come to that. It would be lonely in Wales, but she can always get involved with things on the base; maybe help other families make care packages and what not. I'm sure we'll see as things get closer.
__________________
"My guiding principles in life are to be honest, genuine, thoughtful and caring".
~Prince William~


I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Reply With Quote
  #238  
Old 11-12-2011, 05:51 AM
Lumutqueen's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Carlton, York, United Kingdom
Posts: 17,127
Quote:
Originally Posted by HRHHermione View Post
It would look very bad if they used their privilege to make it possible for Kate to go along when that's not allowed for all of the other army spouses.
It would look very bad, but I bet looking bad wouldn't stop them if she wanted to go.
__________________
We Will Remember Them.
Reply With Quote
  #239  
Old 11-12-2011, 10:02 AM
Britters's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: DC, United States
Posts: 878
In the military here in the states if a soldier/military man is 'deployed' for an extended training session where it's not considered a danger for the family to move, the family can choose to move of their own accord. The military won't pay for it, and the military won't make the changes to the pay of the service member to reflect a change in location.

In other words if the soldier is moved to Texas for less than 6 months of training and the wife wishes to join him, it's on their own dime. The military could care less if the family is there (if it's safe), so long as the service member is able to continue doing their job.

Perhaps this is the case with the UK forces?
__________________
Have you ever wished on a star? It's a magic everyone needs to experience!
Reply With Quote
  #240  
Old 11-12-2011, 08:09 PM
Zonk's Avatar
Administrator
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Somewhere in, United States
Posts: 10,196
Please note that off topic posts about Charles and Diana have been deleted.
__________________

__________________
.

Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Duke and Duchess of Cambridge: Visit to Los Angeles, CA July 8-10, 2011 Zonk The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Family 525 07-30-2011 11:59 PM




Additional Links
Popular Tags
birth charlene chris o'neill crown prince haakon crown princess letizia crown princess mary crown princess mette-marit current events duchess of cambridge dutch royal history fashion genealogy grand duchess maria teresa grand duke henri hohenzollern infanta sofia jewellery jordan king abdullah ii king carl xvi gustav king felipe king felipe vi king harald king juan carlos king philippe king willem-alexander luxembourg nobility olympic games olympics ottoman picture of the month poland pom president hollande president komorowski prince albert prince albert ii prince carl philip prince constantijn prince felipe prince floris prince pieter-christiaan princess aimee princess anita princess beatrix princess charlene princess laurentien princess mabel princess madeleine princess margriet princess mary princess mary fashion princess of asturias queen letizia queen mathilde queen maxima queen rania queen silvia queen sofia royal royal fashion russia sofia hellqvist spain state visit sweden visit wedding winter olympics 2014



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:01 PM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014
Jelsoft Enterprises

Royal News Delivered to your Email!

You can get the latest Royal News right in your inbox.

unsusbcribe at anytime with one click

Close [X]