The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 09-07-2011, 09:33 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mia_mae View Post
Let's not fight over this! I would prefer some tiaras! jk!
You know what, I probably would too .

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 09-08-2011, 09:35 PM
Heir Apparent

Absolutely, I hope the Queen would have included a nice sparkling tiara or two among those priceless gifts to Kate!!

Old 09-13-2011, 05:55 PM
Heir Presumptive

Myleene Klass admitted that the Duchess of Cambridge will be seriously feeling the pressure to get pregnant:
Myleene Klass: Kate Middleton will be feeling the baby pressure | googoogaga - Yahoo! omg! UK
Old 09-13-2011, 06:48 PM
Serene Highness

ok someone tell me if they heard that she is pregnant-is it true or just a rumor?
Old 09-13-2011, 06:49 PM
Courtier

So who is Myleene Klass that she should know what kind of pressures Catherine has to deal with?
Old 09-13-2011, 06:54 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by semisquare
ok someone tell me if they heard that she is pregnant-is it true or just a rumor?
They issued a denial- it's just a rumor. Until an official announcement is made, it should always be treated as rumor.
Old 09-13-2011, 06:59 PM
Serene Highness

ok.....it would be nice if it was true but oh well ..just have to wait and thx for the ans
Old 09-13-2011, 07:01 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess of Durham
So who is Myleene Klass that she should know what kind of pressures Catherine has to deal with?
It sounds like the writer of the article was pushing for that angle- getting page hits by mentioning Kate's name.
Old 09-13-2011, 07:05 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRHHermione View Post
They issued a denial- it's just a rumor. Until an official announcement is made, it should always be treated as rumor.
I agree. It's better to wait and hear the announcement from Buckingham Palace rather than believe rumors of various gossip articles/magazines.

Old 09-13-2011, 09:59 PM
Courtier

It bothers me that the press haven't seem to have learned from Diana. Perhaps they could have the decency to leave Catherine alone during her and William's time in Wales. The constant suggestion at she is pregnant (with twins no less!) or that she is a fashion icon or that her shopping is major news must be having a toll on her. I realize that Catherine was 29 when she married and not 20 as her mother-in-law but anyone's sanity will be messed with when so much attention is paid to their every movement. It's just sad that the press only gave William and Harry peace right after their mother's death but don't seem to feel they need to prevent another Diana (which was caused by the press). Yes she knew what she was getting into but I still feel sorry for her...
Old 09-13-2011, 10:32 PM
Serene Highness

i have to agree..imo its to much attention on the everyday routine
Old 09-13-2011, 10:59 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by American Dane View Post
It bothers me that the press haven't seem to have learned from Diana. Perhaps they could have the decency to leave Catherine alone during her and William's time in Wales. The constant suggestion at she is pregnant (with twins no less!) or that she is a fashion icon or that her shopping is major news must be having a toll on her. I realize that Catherine was 29 when she married and not 20 as her mother-in-law but anyone's sanity will be messed with when so much attention is paid to their every movement. It's just sad that the press only gave William and Harry peace right after their mother's death but don't seem to feel they need to prevent another Diana (which was caused by the press). Yes she knew what she was getting into but I still feel sorry for her...
I agree. It would be sad that if history repeated itself.

Old 09-14-2011, 06:27 AM
Courtier

Quote:
......... It's just sad that the press only gave William and Harry peace right after their mother's death but don't seem to feel they need to prevent another Diana (which was caused by the press). Yes she knew what she was getting into but I still feel sorry for her...

Sorry to be pedantic, but Diana's death was caused due to a speeding, gung-ho employee of Mr Fayed who had alchol problems and was intoxicated, driving in the way he did at the apparent behest of Dodi Fayed, who did not know the first elements of how to stage a private, discreet departure from an hotel. I am a passionate believer that Catherine is entitled to her privacy and I fully agree that the press should not harass her. Sadly, though, the Press usually only 'give the public what it wants' when it comes to royal strories, so it is really down to each and every one of us as well - if we feel the press is being intrusive, then we shouldn't buy the papers.

re Diana and the press: what a strange relationship this was! There is a more proper thread for this I am sure, but let me just relay my own experience of Diana and the Press. In the early days I was behind the pony lines at Cowdray Park Polo Club, where Diana was watching Prince Charles play polo. This was a private occasion. The press were there with their usual long lenses, but were of course not permitted to be where I was. At that point, a royal aide or detective [I am not sure which, because detectives wear 'country clothes' at polo matches in order to blend in] actually approached Diana, who was standing two feet from me. The gentleman pointed out to Diana that the Photographers were snapping away, and that she should therefore immediately step back out of the line of their sight, where the lenses would not reach. And what did Diana do? To my shock and astonishment, she ran her fingers through her hair and did exactly the opposite - stepped right forward, giving the photographers a totally unobstucted view. I saw this with my own eyes. And I have to say that the resulting pictures were beautiful. I am the first person to say that the press behaved appallingly badly throughout Diana's public life, but she herself must bear some of the blame for the way that, throughout her life, she blantantly encouraged their interest when it suited her own agenda.

Catherine deserves her privacy, to which she is fully entitled. I passionately hope they will leave her alone, grant her the right to live a private life when she is not on royal duties and not invade her privacy. And, by the same token, equally passionately, I hope that Catherine never, ever, ever, starts to play the game with the press that her late mother-in-law did.

Just my thoughts and not meant to offend

Alex
Old 09-14-2011, 06:54 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diarist

Sorry to be pedantic, but Diana's death was caused due to a speeding, gung-ho employee of Mr Fayed who had alchol problems and was intoxicated, driving in the way he did at the apparent behest of Dodi Fayed, who did not know the first elements of how to stage a private, discreet departure from an hotel. I am a passionate believer that Catherine is entitled to her privacy and I fully agree that the press should not harass her. Sadly, though, the Press usually only 'give the public what it wants' when it comes to royal strories, so it is really down to each and every one of us as well - if we feel the press is being intrusive, then we shouldn't buy the papers.

re Diana and the press: what a strange relationship this was! There is a more proper thread for this I am sure, but let me just relay my own experience of Diana and the Press. In the early days I was behind the pony lines at Cowdray Park Polo Club, where Diana was watching Prince Charles play polo. This was a private occasion. The press were there with their usual long lenses, but were of course not permitted to be where I was. At that point, a royal aide or detective actually approached Diana, who was standing two feet from me. The gentleman pointed out to Diana that the Photographers were snapping away, and that she should therefore immediately step back out of the line of their sight, where the lenses would not reach. And what did Diana do? To my shock and astonishment, she ran her fingers through her hair and did exactly the opposite - stepped right forward, giving the photographers a totally unobstucted view. I saw this with my own eyes. And I have to say that the resulting pictures were beautiful. I am the first person to say that the press behaved appallingly badly throughout Diana's public life, but she herself must bear some of the blame for the way that, throughout her life, she blantantly encouraged their interest when it suited her own agenda.

Catherine deserves her privacy, to which she is fully entitled. I passionately hope they will leave her alone, grant her the right to live a private life when she is not on royal duties and not invade her privacy. And, by the same token, equally passionately, I hope that Catherine never, ever, ever, starts to play the game with the press that her late mother-in-law did.

Just my thoughts and not meant to offend

Alex
I'm not talking about Diana's death as I agree with you as to the reasons for that. I meant that Diana had the urge to get away from Britain because of the attention she got. Its the reason why she wanted to move to the US and never did, because she knew the press was just as bad there. Yes she used the press for her benefit against Charles. Absolutely, there's no question of that.
But do you really think she would have realized the power of the media and what attention can bring about if she wasn't followed to death herself? Diana liked attention but there is a line that can be crossed for everyone and the press did cross Diana's line (her boys).
What I said is that the press should ease up while Catherine and William are living in Wales which IMO was chosen not just because it has the SAR base William works on but also because it's isolated. There are other bases he could have done the same work on. If there was no story of Catherine for at least a fortnight do you really think there would be an outcry for the press to hunt her down and provide more? No there wouldn't be because people assume the public wants something that the press provides but the press do take pictures and write stories regardless.
Who in their right mind would want to see the pictures of Diana dying (except extreme weirdos, but if the press is writing for them, then we're really in trouble as a society) and YET they still took the pictures.
I know the press wont stop writing about Catherine but they can let up once in a while.
Old 09-14-2011, 08:35 AM
Heir Apparent

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
I'm not talking about Diana's death as I agree with you as to the reasons for that. I meant that Diana had the urge to get away from Britain because of the attention she got. Its the reason why she wanted to move to the US and never did, because she knew the press was just as bad there. Yes she used the press for her benefit against Charles. Absolutely, there's no question of that.
But do you really think she would have realized the power of the media and what attention can bring about if she wasn't followed to death herself? Diana liked attention but there is a line that can be crossed for everyone and the press did cross Diana's line (her boys).
What I said is that the press should ease up while Catherine and William are living in Wales which IMO was chosen not just because it has the SAR base William works on but also because it's isolated. There are other bases he could have done the same work on. If there was no story of Catherine for at least a fortnight do you really think there would be an outcry for the press to hunt her down and provide more? No there wouldn't be because people assume the public wants something that the press provides but the press do take pictures and write stories regardless.
Who in their right mind would want to see the pictures of Diana dying (except extreme weirdos, but if the press is writing for them, then we're really in trouble as a society) and YET they still took the pictures.
I know the press wont stop writing about Catherine but they can let up once in a while.
One thing I have come to realize is that both William and Kate are very well aware of the press and its need to "get the story out" and that they are prime hot targets that are big sellers. I think the press also are very aware too of William's distrust of the press and are not going to blatantly cross the line when it comes to this couple. When W&K are out and about, they expect to be photographed and will do so smilingly as we've seen with Kate shopping and the other little tidbits we've seen. The press also knows to leave them alone when they're in "private" mode.

Perhaps this is the main reason we're seeing so much focus on Pippa as hot news. The press knows better than to hound W&K and Pippa is a close as they're gonna get for a while. I don't recall it ever happening that a relative of someone that has married into the BRF becoming a hot news item as Pippa has done. If the press was still in the hounding mode as it was after Diana and Fergie married into the BRF, Pippa would have faded into the background quietly after the wedding quickly I think.
Old 09-14-2011, 08:53 AM
Administrator

Let's get back on topic.

Old 09-14-2011, 08:54 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

There's an article in I think Grazia magazine this week saying that Catherine is lonely and has asked Pippa to come and live with her. I am writing this hear because it's about Catherine being possibly bored in her married life.

Grazia Latest Issue: What's in this Week's Grazia?

However it does say in the by lines if you like

Quote:
Apparently Kate Middleton gets so bored on her own with only her needlepoint for company while her heroic husband is off on dangerous search and rescue missions in his helicopter that she has decided to take the sensible decision and move Pippa into the palace!
They don't live in the Palace currently, unless they're talking about KP.
Old 09-14-2011, 10:01 AM
Aristocracy

Has Kate been seen lately? I haven't seen anything for ages.
Old 09-14-2011, 11:05 AM
Heir Presumptive

Weren't the shopping photos just last week? Hope Kate isn't too unhappy.
Old 09-14-2011, 12:57 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

She was seen shopping in hungsford I believe.