The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #181  
Old 08-28-2011, 10:51 PM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Sandusky, United States
Posts: 120
I ignored their entire courtship, but I've been following them since they got married and I'm really enjoy how they come across. Down to earth is definitely fitting terminology to use with them!

I think it's okay if Kate doesn't employ a dresser right now. She hasn't been visiting any countries where there are strict dress codes or where modesty is required.

Ugh! Somebody mentioned William and Kate might not see the throne until they are in their 60s. How depressing!

I'm getting annoyed at the media already pushing the 'when will Kate get pregnant?' lines. Thank goodness Will and Kate seem so level-headed and don't seem to be letting the press get to them and dictate how they should live or when they should do something!
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #182  
Old 08-28-2011, 11:05 PM
Osipi's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Posts: 4,061
Quote:
Originally Posted by XeniaCasaraghi View Post
THANK YOU!!!! I hate how people are so easy to throw around the word eating disorder for anyone who is skinny. Eating disorders are a serious and deadly situation and shouldn't be joked about or taken lightly. Plus anorexia and bulimia have other factors that cause them other than wanting to be thing; there is stress and the lack of control over a persons life. So claiming someone has an eating disorder would just put more stress on them.
IMO Kate has always been a skinny girl, yes recently she has lost weight but all indicators point to her being into working out and not having a problem with eating or keeping her food down.
There are some people in this world that are just naturally thin and always stay at their average weight or just below it. I was one of those people for most of my life. My friend is very thin and is often mistaken for being anorexic but has the healthiest appetite I've ever seen. To see that it is generic one would only have to look at her adult daughter.

There are two people that really should be concerned about Kate's weight and those are Kate herself and her physician. She's a very beautiful woman that wears clothes like a dream. Let her enjoy it before our friend the middle age monster sets in
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #183  
Old 09-02-2011, 06:26 PM
Royal Newbie's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Northern California, United States
Posts: 196
Don't know if this is the appropriate place for this but here goes:

The Queen gives Kate Middleton 'priceless' gifts

Hope it's actually true, but the source seems iffy.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #184  
Old 09-02-2011, 07:44 PM
Daria_S's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: My own head, United States
Posts: 7,107
Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal Newbie View Post
Don't know if this is the appropriate place for this but here goes:

The Queen gives Kate Middleton 'priceless' gifts

Hope it's actually true, but the source seems iffy.
Sounds a bit iffy to me as well. For some reason I don't think Her Majesty would part with something that personal. I can see her lending them perhaps, but not giving them away (at least not right now).
__________________
"My guiding principles in life are to be honest, genuine, thoughtful and caring".
~Prince William~


I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Reply With Quote
  #185  
Old 09-02-2011, 08:38 PM
Royal Newbie's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Northern California, United States
Posts: 196
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daria_S View Post
Sounds a bit iffy to me as well. For some reason I don't think Her Majesty would part with something that personal. I can see her lending them perhaps, but not giving them away (at least not right now).
My thoughts exactly.Seems a little early in the game, so to speak, to give something that personal.

Of course "lend" and "give" may be deliberately interchangeable by the press.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #186  
Old 09-02-2011, 09:28 PM
Daria_S's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: My own head, United States
Posts: 7,107
Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal Newbie View Post
My thoughts exactly.Seems a little early in the game, so to speak, to give something that personal.

Of course "lend" and "give" may be deliberately interchangeable by the press.
I won't doubt it for a second, because as you know, no news means it's time to make up something totally outrageous.
__________________
"My guiding principles in life are to be honest, genuine, thoughtful and caring".
~Prince William~


I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Reply With Quote
  #187  
Old 09-02-2011, 11:50 PM
figtreecrossing's Avatar
Gentry
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Midwest, Australia
Posts: 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal Newbie View Post
Don't know if this is the appropriate place for this but here goes:

The Queen gives Kate Middleton 'priceless' gifts

Hope it's actually true, but the source seems iffy.
I hope it's true too but how would the magazine have found this out? I can't imagine Catherine or her family blabbing about it.
I treasure that part about the Queen phoning her daily; I do so hope that's true too. I see Catherine as a very teachable sort of woman, modest in her opinion of her own importance. It seems the Queen and Prince Phillip are mentoring her very warmly and kindly; my hat goes off to them :)
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #188  
Old 09-03-2011, 09:31 AM
Osipi's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Posts: 4,061
Quote:
Originally Posted by figtreecrossing View Post
I hope it's true too but how would the magazine have found this out? I can't imagine Catherine or her family blabbing about it.
I treasure that part about the Queen phoning her daily; I do so hope that's true too. I see Catherine as a very teachable sort of woman, modest in her opinion of her own importance. It seems the Queen and Prince Phillip are mentoring her very warmly and kindly; my hat goes off to them :)
As I think that both William and Harry have been extremely close to their grandparents over the years, it doesn't surprise me one bit that HM makes regular calls to her grandsons for no other reason than that she is a doting grandmother and now that cozy circle includes Kate too. Kate doesn't seem to have any kind of relationship with her own grandmothers (that I know of) so what a blessing for her to "adopt" Granny as her own! I find it amazingly heartwarming that despite all the heartaches and travails of the past, this seems to be one tight knit family group.

About the silver. It might be so and it might not. My first gut reaction was that this might be a "house warming" gift from HM to help set up their new apartment at KP. And... hopefully comes with the implied message "You better invite Grampa and I to tea soon!"
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #189  
Old 09-03-2011, 03:51 PM
naida's Avatar
Commoner
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: , Canada
Posts: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
Kate doesn't seem to have any kind of relationship with her own grandmothers (that I know of) so what a blessing for her to "adopt" Granny as her own!
Catherine lost her two grandmothers in 2006. On hes father side, Valerie Middleton of 82 and barely two months after she lost her other grandmother, Dorothy Goldsmith of 71. Catherine took care of them till the end.
__________________
Remembering the Past, Building the Future.
Reply With Quote
  #190  
Old 09-03-2011, 04:18 PM
Lumutqueen's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Carlton, York, United Kingdom
Posts: 17,167
Quote:
Originally Posted by naida
Catherine took care of them till the end.
She took care of them? What did she do exactly? Where did you hear this?
__________________
We Will Remember Them.
Reply With Quote
  #191  
Old 09-03-2011, 04:22 PM
Baroness of Books's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Bookstacks, United States
Posts: 5,772
I wonder myself at the veracity of the Queen giving Kate such personal mementos of her father so soon like this, but you never know. However, the Queen is a cautious individual so don't know if she'd hand over the family silver at such an early stage in the marriage. I'd like to think, though, that she does call her granddaughter-in-law on a regular basis.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #192  
Old 09-03-2011, 05:13 PM
naida's Avatar
Commoner
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: , Canada
Posts: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
She took care of them? What did she do exactly? Where did you hear this?
At the time, the newspapers reported that Catherine had always been very close to her grandmothers and she spent great amount of time at their bedside.



If I remember well there was also a mention of Catherine reading at the funeral. It was something like: “Kate, with the frame of a queen, read an emotive poem at the funeral.”
__________________
Remembering the Past, Building the Future.
Reply With Quote
  #193  
Old 09-03-2011, 06:35 PM
figtreecrossing's Avatar
Gentry
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Midwest, Australia
Posts: 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
As I think that both William and Harry have been extremely close to their grandparents over the years, it doesn't surprise me one bit that HM makes regular calls to her grandsons for no other reason than that she is a doting grandmother and now that cozy circle includes Kate too. Kate doesn't seem to have any kind of relationship with her own grandmothers (that I know of) so what a blessing for her to "adopt" Granny as her own! I find it amazingly heartwarming that despite all the heartaches and travails of the past, this seems to be one tight knit family group.

About the silver. It might be so and it might not. My first gut reaction was that this might be a "house warming" gift from HM to help set up their new apartment at KP. And... hopefully comes with the implied message "You better invite Grampa and I to tea soon!"
smile.. that's a charming view point and I love it
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #194  
Old 09-03-2011, 10:58 PM
Osipi's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Posts: 4,061
Quote:
Originally Posted by naida View Post
Catherine lost her two grandmothers in 2006. On hes father side, Valerie Middleton of 82 and barely two months after she lost her other grandmother, Dorothy Goldsmith of 71. Catherine took care of them till the end.
Wasn't there some kind of family feud between the Middletons and the Goldsmiths? I vaguely recall seeing that somewhere.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #195  
Old 09-04-2011, 03:48 AM
Lumutqueen's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Carlton, York, United Kingdom
Posts: 17,167
Quote:
Originally Posted by naida View Post
At the time, the newspapers reported that Catherine had always been very close to her grandmothers and she spent great amount of time at their bedside.



If I remember well there was also a mention of Catherine reading at the funeral. It was something like: “Kate, with the frame of a queen, read an emotive poem at the funeral.”
I'll have to look that up because i've never heard anything.
__________________
We Will Remember Them.
Reply With Quote
  #196  
Old 09-04-2011, 12:11 PM
naida's Avatar
Commoner
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: , Canada
Posts: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
I'll have to look that up because i've never heard anything.
Hope these can help a little:


Dorothy Goldsmith (nee Harrison) 1935-2006
I have found this in my files. It’s an excerpt from DM written by Sandra Parsons:
“By the time she died five years ago, Dorothy had achieved the summit of her property ambitions and had moved to a house in the leafy Berkshire village of Pangbourne, to be near her daughter and granddaughters.”


Valerie Middleton (nee Glassborow) 1924-2006
+ Valerie Middleton (nee Glassborow) 1924-2006 - Peerage News | Google Groups
Valerie Middleton - Obituaries - Yorkshire Post
Well, my memory is not so bad

Kate Middleton current events 12: September-November 2006
__________________
Remembering the Past, Building the Future.
Reply With Quote
  #197  
Old 09-04-2011, 01:53 PM
Lumutqueen's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Carlton, York, United Kingdom
Posts: 17,167
Thanks for the links, but they don't tell me anything about Catherine taking care of them until the end. I'll keep looking.
__________________
We Will Remember Them.
Reply With Quote
  #198  
Old 09-04-2011, 02:54 PM
Skippy's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: -, Netherlands
Posts: 905
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
Thanks for the links, but they don't tell me anything about Catherine taking care of them until the end. I'll keep looking.
Perhaps you take it too literally, which would not surprise me considering what has been posted.
To me, spending hours at someone's bedside does not equal "taking care until the end".
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #199  
Old 09-04-2011, 05:17 PM
Osipi's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Posts: 4,061
I think the point I was trying to make bringing up Kate's grandmothers is that right now, its easy to see how Kate would "adopt" Granny and want to spend time with her as both her grandmothers are gone and William is very close to his Granny. I think she will be close with Will's family as he will be with hers.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #200  
Old 09-07-2011, 08:33 PM
Mia_mae's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: SP, Brazil
Posts: 1,092
Let's not fight over this! I would prefer some tiaras! jk!
__________________

__________________
There's not much of a difference between a stadium full of cheering fans and an angry crowd screaming abuse at you. They're both just making a lot of noise. How you take it is up to you. Convince yourself they're cheering for you. You do that, and someday, they will - Sue S.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Duke and Duchess of Cambridge: Visit to Los Angeles, CA July 8-10, 2011 Zonk The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Family 525 07-30-2011 11:59 PM




Additional Links
Popular Tags
birth brussels carl philip charlene crown prince frederik crown prince haakon crown princess mary crown princess mette-marit crown princess victoria current events duchess of cambridge dutch royal history engagement fashion genealogy grand duchess maria teresa grand duke henri hohenzollern infanta sofia jewellery jordan king carl xvi gustav king felipe king felipe vi king harald king juan carlos king philippe king willem-alexander luxembourg nobility official visit olympic games ottoman pieter van vollenhoven pom president komorowski prince albert prince albert ii prince carl philip prince floris prince pieter-christiaan princess aimee princess anita princess astrid princess beatrix princess charlene princess claire princess mabel princess madeleine princess margriet princess marilene princess mary princess mary fashion queen anne-marie queen letizia queen mathilde queen maxima queen rania queen silvia queen sofia royal royal fashion russia sofia hellqvist spain state visit sweden the hague visit wedding



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:50 AM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014
Jelsoft Enterprises

Royal News Delivered to your Email!

You can get the latest Royal News right in your inbox.

unsusbcribe at anytime with one click

Close [X]