Duke and Duchess of Cambridge Current Events 7: September 2016-September 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
New event for the Cambridges on 11/28/18
The Duke of Cambridge, FA President, and The Duchess of Cambridge will visit Leicester on Wednesday 28th November to pay tribute to those who were tragically killed in the helicopter crash at @LCFC's King Power Stadium.

This is something I think those serving with the RAF will really enjoy. William will most likely be greeted as one of their own. A lot of nostalgia and story swapping going on while the wives and husbands of the RAF crews will sit back and roll their eyes at the "tall tales". :D

I think William and Kate will really enjoy this trip.

Kensington palace said: “Their Royal Highnesses wish to deliver a message of support to deployed personnel and to acknowledge and honour the fact that many serving personnel are away from their families at this time of the year.

“Approximately 7,500 military personnel are currently serving overseas or away from home on exercises. A large portion of these have children who will have a parent away over the festive period.”

Kensington palace said: “Their Royal Highnesses wish to deliver a message of support to deployed personnel and to acknowledge and honour the fact that many serving personnel are away from their families at this time of the year.

“Approximately 7,500 military personnel are currently serving overseas or away from home on exercises. A large portion of these have children who will have a parent away over the festive period.”
Great to see them ramp up their engagements.

So, the Queen and the Cambridges will give a Christmas... ermm:whistling: "Festive Season" message?

And what with the Prince of Wales?

:previous: I don't believe that the Cambridges will join QEII in videotaping and broadcasting the annual Christmas message.

I believe that the couple will be sharing good tidings of the Christmas season for the military members and their families.?

So, the Queen and the Cambridges will give a Christmas... ermm:whistling: "Festive Season" message?

And what with the Prince of Wales?

Not quite sure what you’re referring to. William and Catherine wish to convey their thanks to the family of service personnel during Christmas time before they go and see those personnel the next day.

:previous:

I am just wondering, if Prince Charles gives an address too. (Otherwise it may look like the Cambridges are the next in line...)

I am just wondering, if Prince Charles gives an address too. (Otherwise it may look like the Cambridges are the next in line...)

No only QEII give a recorded and televised annual address to the nation on Christmas Day.

No only QEII give a recorded and televised annual address to the nation on Christmas Day.

Exactly at TLLK said, The Queen is the only one to give a national address. That's not what William and Catherine are doing.

Last edited:
I always love seeing interactions with children.

:previous: Me too. Catherine looks genuinely interested in the activity the children are participating in. She seems very natural and involved with them.

That's just too cute. I love when couples interact like this. ?

I love these videos of them interacting with children or those small moments we get to see of them teasing each other. Nothing over the top or too constant but just enough to let us see that they have a really wonderful relationship and let the public in just a little bit every now and then. Just my own opinion, of course, but I always think that this bodes well for the future of the monarchy.

I love these videos of them interacting with children or those small moments we get to see of them teasing each other. Nothing over the top or too constant but just enough to let us see that they have a really wonderful relationship and let the public in just a little bit every now and then. Just my own opinion, of course, but I always think that this bodes well for the future of the monarchy.

I agree. One of my favorite moments like this was, if I recall correctly, during Eugenie's wedding, when the camera panned over the royal family as they waited in the Quire, and it showed William and Catherine talking and holding hands. It was doubly sweet because it was so unexpected and unusual. The spontaneous teasing between William and Kate during this appearance in Leicester was a nice reminder that they are real, actual people with a relationship that exists outside what we see of them in the news.

That's just too cute. I love when couples interact like this. ?

I have to say, I'm in awe of their relationship. So many years together, three beautiful children, a dog and a hamster (I believe?) and they still sometimes behave like teenagers in love. Way, way too cute!

The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge will visit @EvelinaLondon Children’s Hospital and homeless resource centre the @PassageCharity on Tuesday 11th December.

At @EvelinaLondon The Duke and Duchess will hear from staff and parents about the hospital’s life changing care and support, and join children receiving care in a number of Christmas-themed activities.

At the @PassageCharity they will hear from workers about some of the challenges relating to street homelessness, and will join an arts and crafts workshop ahead of the centre’s Christmas party.

Via Kensington Palace Twitter

About the Passages Charity

About us - Passage

I know that William has had meetings with them in the past, I wonder if this will become a patronage for him in the future.

Its good to see W&C increasingly do joint engagements, and away days with multiple engagements. As they continue to add to their roster of duties, this will, IMO, increasingly be the pattern.

Last edited:
I really really like the true lady Catherine has become. Not that i had any doubts mind you, but i somewhat "rediscovered" her lately and i do admire her poise and the soft regalness emanating from her.
She's now very confident in her position and it shows (and its a pleasure to see).

Here's a video of the Duke and Duchess from the Christmas Party at Kensington Palace.

What a great video! I especially loved Catherine talking to the little boy who was clearly much more invested in eating his marshmallow snowman than he was in talking to royalty, the fact that William licked his fingers while he was filling truffles (wonder who ate those afterwards:eek:--it sounds as though the little boy in the video made off with them) and all the overexcited children. Catherine's speech, what I saw of it, seemed heartfelt, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom