Duke and Duchess of Cambridge: Visit to the USA - December 7-9, 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Richard Palmer @RoyalReporter · 28m 28 minutes ago
Not very impressed that KP have tweeted a press release not sent to the press first. Someone's screwed up. Grrrr...

Richard Palmer is living in the past. Twitter is mass communication.

And it was tweeted by Clarence House not KP

Last edited:
That Awesome! Looking forward to their visit. They will love New York City!

It would be funny if they showed up at Rockefeller Center outside Studio 1A with a Sign that read "Hi Granny!"

Great! George will stay at home.. (wise decision, a so long a journey for a toddler in fe days would be very stressful).

Not very impressed that KP have tweeted a press release not sent to the press first. Someone's screwed up. Grrrr...

Oh dear, poor Richard Palmer - we all new hours ago! Then again, the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge are not there to impress him, so I don't know what he's complaining about!

:previous: Normal practice is to give the detailed information to the media in advance of the announcement. Good example is engagements when the media get the timings so they can be there, but the time is embargo'd for public use.

What happened today was that @ClarenceHouse (which tweets for the Cambridges and Harry as well) tweeted the link to the entire programme before it reached the press. That is counter to normal practice.

British Royals @britishroyals · 2m 2 minutes ago
Prince William & Kate are watching the Cleveland Cavaliers vs Brooklyn Nets #NBA game on Dec 8, launching NBA & @united4wildlife partnership

It's a short trip but I wish they were going to The White House.

I have no sympathy for Richard Palmer. He's had a horrible attitude lately. If I wanted to read biased sniping I would read The Mail. It sad that the most accurate, and unbiased royal reporting is coming from The Guardian. A republican newspaper!

British Royals @britishroyals · 2m 2 minutes ago
Prince William & Kate are watching the Cleveland Cavaliers vs Brooklyn Nets #NBA game on Dec 8, launching NBA & @united4wildlife partnership

Perhaps in the future, when William is first in line to the throne.

I see no need for that. They've met those that occupy it currently, so I'm glad the trip will not have that on the agenda.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

The main focus with be the Ivory Trade. USA and China are the biggest markets for ivory

The main focus with be the Ivory Trade. USA and China are the biggest markets for ivory

I don't think that's true. The laws are very specific in the States about importing/selling/buying ivory. Anyone would have to be a fool to break the law. I can't imagine ivory is that precious that you would risk jail time. Better to import drugs. Less risk.

Anyway, sounds like William and Kate will be VERY busy for those three days. I'm looking forward to it. They will get massive airtime and we will see photos of every outfit Kate wears, along with William's collection of navy blue suits!:lol:

^^^William may shock us and go with a grey!!!!!

One thing I would love to see is William in a Prince of Wales check suit - I think it would suit him - maybe someone in New York could arrange it!

United for Wildlife already has Yao Ming as an ambassador. With the new collaboration with the NBA maybe they are getting Lebron too. The photos from after the game should be fun. Lebron is going to make William and Kate look tiny.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

I see no need for that. They've met those that occupy it currently, so I'm glad the trip will not have that on the agenda.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

Yeah I know they have met President Obama & First Lady Mrs. Obama, but I just thought it would've been nice for them to go to the White House and perhaps have dinner or lunch. It would've been great. Perhaps in the future though.

I don't think that's true. The laws are very specific in the States about importing/selling/buying ivory. Anyone would have to be a fool to break the law. I can't imagine ivory is that precious that you would risk jail time. Better to import drugs. Less risk.

Anyway, sounds like William and Kate will be VERY busy for those three days. I'm looking forward to it. They will get massive airtime and we will see photos of every outfit Kate wears, along with William's collection of navy blue suits!:lol:

One of many reports published in the last month about the fact that US is the 2nd largest market

Illegal Ivory Trade: US Authorities Target American Auction Houses

Oh the horror. LOL. In our social media dense world, what does it matter to anyone but the press that the press get something first.

Oh and, window washers across New York have been asked to not dangle helplessly during the visit. ;)

Last edited:
I think that if there was a tie in between United for Wildlife and/or the White House and the Obamas, it could have possibly been scheduled to fit in with the trip. IIRC, on one of Harry's tours of the US, he met with Michelle Obama for a luncheon event I believe. It tied in with his purpose of being there.

I think that if there was a tie in between United for Wildlife and/or the White House and the Obamas, it could have possibly been scheduled to fit in with the trip. IIRC, on one of Harry's tours of the US, he met with Michelle Obama for a luncheon event I believe. It tied in with his purpose of being there.

I agree, if there was a link between the Obama's and United for Wildlife, they probably would have gone over to the White House.

It's going to be good to see them here in the US again. Imagine how crazy it would be if they came during the summer with Prince George for a tour.

Don't know if my poor heart could take that!! Seriously though, I wish William dressed as well as his father. Charles has always had a great collection of suits. I love the checks and plaids he wears. I remember back when he was married to Diana and all the American news people would go on and on about HER clothes, one reporter mentioned on-air that he thought Charles was the best dresser of the two and I agreed. He's still a pretty snazzy dresser, IMO.

Who wants to bet that Wills will bust out the dad jeans for the NBA game?

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom