Duchess of Cambridge: What Now for Catherine? Future Duties, Roles, Responsibilities

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Kate -Not the sovereign. Wife and mother of sovereign. Small Typo :)

The amount of royal work that Kate and William do is only going to go up as the years go on. Right now her focus in on George. In ten years, George and possible siblings will be in school and Kate will most likely doing several hundreds of engagements as Princess of Wales.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

:previous:
Short, sweet, and to the point. I'm in agreement :flowers:.

Last edited by a moderator:
It is interesting that the announcement of Williams plans said nothing about what Catherine was planning to do. I guess we will just have to wait and see.

It is interesting that the announcement of Williams plans said nothing about what Catherine was planning to do. I guess we will just have to wait and see.

I think you just answered your own question there...:whistling:

Can we just let tempers cool and knock it off with the insults-on both sides?

Also, can we close this thread for a while, until there's more news? This thread is becoming (a) repetitive, (b) filled with aggression, (c) filled with passive aggression, (d) increasingly dominated by wild speculation.

I'm going to assume she is going to be doing the same thing she's always done. Stay home and infrequently go out and do her duties.

I'm going to assume she is going to be doing the same thing she's always done. Stay home and infrequently go out and do her duties.

I think there will be some announcements on some roles and duties for her as well.

And have another baby. I agree with casualfan - since no one is convincing anyone else, can we dial down the hyperbole a bit? Yes I know I can hit the ignore button, but in general, I like to hear everyone's point of view. Just maybe not over and over or in what seems to be a strident POV. We are just expressing opinions, after all.

And have another baby. I agree with casualfan - since no one is convincing anyone else, can we dial down the hyperbole a bit? Yes I know I can hit the ignore button, but in general, I like to hear everyone's point of view. Just maybe not over and over or in what seems to be a strident POV. We are just expressing opinions, after all.

Sorry off topic but where is the inglore button?:ermm: I didn't know there was one

But what fun is royal watching if we can't exaggerate the greatness of our favourites and the failures of our least favourites?

But what fun is royal watching if we can't exaggerate the greatness of our favourites and the failures of our least favourites?

Maybe I'm missing intended sarcasm, but this type of exaggeration is intrinsically linked to emotional opinions, and therefore lead to emotional reactions. And those are no fun.

To wit: the last umpteen pages of this thread.

Maybe I'm missing intended sarcasm, but this type of exaggeration is intrinsically linked to emotional opinions, and therefore lead to emotional reactions. And those are no fun.

To wit: the last umpteen pages of this thread.

You are missing intended sarcasm.

That said, in as much as this conversation is going around and around in circles, I don't agree that this whole thread is just people on one side or the other exaggerating things. There have been some good points made on both sides, and there are a number of people who seem to have wanted to engage in an actual conversation. Sadly there are a number of people who can't seem to get passed the exaggeration and attack those whose opinions differ, either directly or by shooting down the whole thread.

Not directed at anyone in particular:

This is not a fan site. We all get frustrated when there is no news. Buck up and stop taking every comment made as though your brother/sister were being insulted. We don't even know these people.

Not directed at anyone in particular:

This is not a fan site. We all get frustrated when there is no news. Buck up and stop taking every comment made as though your brother/sister were being insulted. We don't even know these people.

For the most part, I agree with you. However, since 'we don't even know these people', fair-minded folk to tend to become upset when a totally baseless or unfair or just plain mean comment is made. I think everyone enjoys a 'conversation' which is based on actual facts or even reasonable speculation.

The sad thing is, when Kate gets to 40 in a few years time, she will have done and achieved very little in her own right, aside from her family life.

William to his credit is very hard working, in his flying roles, but both seem to lack any passion for the royal side of their lives.

Last edited:
she will have done and achieved very little

In your [judgemental] opinion ! None [except her] can gauge how she rates her achievements in life. Each person has different goals, and if hers are a happy marriage and raising a family she is no different [or worse], than millions of people the world over.

The sad thing is, when Kate gets to 40 in a few years time, she will have done and achieved very little in her own right, aside from her family life.

William to his credit is very hard working, in his flying roles, but both seem to lack any passion for the royal side of their lives.

I am assuming you mean she will have accomplished little beyond birthing heirs? If so - I invite you to be back here in 7.5 years and we will discuss this. :lol::lol::lol:

Somehow people seem to forget or ignore that there are duties and roles Catherine will gain and she will carry out official engagements within those duties and roles. Her private life is being a wife and mother but it has nothing with her official roles as a senior member of the royal family.

At the moment, Catherine have a handful of charitable patronages that she's dedicated to but more patronages will be added to her current list and there will also be presidencies, colonelcy's, ceremonial roles and other duties on behalf of the Queen. She's due to embark on an official trip to Malta on the Queen's behalf next month. By the time Catherine reach her 40's, she will have achieved a great deal.

That's what this thread is about, discussing the various roles and duties of HRH The Duchess of Cambridge.

Somehow people seem to forget or ignore that there are duties and roles Catherine will gain and she will carry out official engagements within those duties and roles. Her private life is being a wife and mother but it has nothing with her official roles as a senior member of the royal family.

At the moment, Catherine have a handful of charitable patronages that she's dedicated to but more patronages will be added to her current list and there will also be presidencies, colonelcy's, ceremonial roles and other duties on behalf of the Queen. She's due to embark on an official trip to Malta on the Queen's behalf next month. By the time Catherine reach her 40's, she will have achieved a great deal.

That's what this thread is about, discussing the various roles and duties of HRH The Duchess of Cambridge.
Dman - loving the new avatar! And thanks for the well stated post.

I am fairly satisfied for the first time with the number of royal duties she has done this year, but (preganacy aside), I would find it hard to describe her as hard working.

I don't see that there is any reason to not think she is hard working....we don't know what she does outside the camera's eye, all the behind the scenes stuff with the various charities etc.

LaRae

At the moment she is pregnant and feeling bad so I won't say anything... If I had hopes that she would take on more duties before the pregnancy was announced now I am convinced that with 2 children there is no way she will be doing more... Let's face it

Kate is Patron of 8 major charities, she is a Patron of the Royal Foundation, she has helped raise millions of £ for charity, has undertaken three major royal tours on behalf of the Queen and is raising a young family, all within her first three and a half years as a royal.

Puts what I've done in my life to shame

Anyone is entitled to their opinion... I'm nto so devoted and fanatic over her to say that I should be ashamed to not have achieve what she is supposed to ahve achieved...

Kate is Patron of 8 major charities, she is a Patron of the Royal Foundation, she has helped raise millions of £ for charity, has undertaken three major royal tours on behalf of the Queen and is raising a young family, all within her first three and a half years as a royal.

Puts what I've done in my life to shame

If she did all of that on her own I would agree with you. But she has lot's of help. She doesn't run those charities, she doesn't do the paperwork nor the organisation of all this. Not to say she doesn't do anything... but there are plenty of people who work a lot harder and to say this woman, with her staff and other help, works hard is fairly insulting towards all the people without help. Single parents with jobs and families for instance..

All royals have "help" so Kate is no different in that respect.

BTW, I raised my two sons as a single parent for almost 7 years as my wife wasn't up to the task.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom