Duchess of Cambridge: What Now for Catherine? Future Duties, Roles, Responsibilities

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
From what i observe, people who have an opinion seem to respect the decisions taken by NEW Parents to devote as much time to bringing up their young family as possible, and are sympathetic, particularly given that they understand that Prince Williams early life was ruined by press intrusion, and its ultimately fatal effect on his Mother.

Catherine won't be accused of stealing the spotlight from anyone. She's the most senior member of the royal family, after to Her Majesty The Queen and Duchess of Cornwall. It's her place to play important roles within the "Firm."

Catherine's place is exactly where and when the Queen says it is. You really don't think that any of the above does much without the approval and recognition of the Queen. Quite unlikely. Even William commented that you don't mess with Granny. Everyone knows their place and abides by it. Of course the media will try and invent trouble within the ranks as it seems to be their jobs lately. They make up stories right and left now.

Not to disparage Charles .... however, his insecurities are long standing and deep. He obviously loves the attention when he gets it. I would find it difficult to believe that he is not uncomfortable with polls showing the DOC and DOC more popular that he and his wife. They are young, attractive and William is Diana's son, enough said. There may be those who do not like Diana and I admit though I liked her, she was a bit of an attention grabber .... through no fault of her own. And of course there were her obvious attempts at getting attention. I just don't see Charles being comfortable with being less popular than his son and daughter in law. I'm sure he loves his son but I have known women who loved their daughters, yet were jealous of them. As to Camilla .... Charles should concern himself with his own popularity, there is only so much he can do for Camilla. It's up to her ... and the populace. JMO, of course.

Not to disparage Charles .... however, his insecurities are long standing and deep. He obviously loves the attention when he gets it. I would find it difficult to believe that he is not uncomfortable with polls showing the DOC and DOC more popular that he and his wife. They are young, attractive and William is Diana's son, enough said. There may be those who do not like Diana and I admit though I liked her, she was a bit of an attention grabber .... through no fault of her own. And of course there were her obvious attempts at getting attention. I just don't see Charles being comfortable with being less popular than his son and daughter in law. I'm sure he loves his son but I have known women who loved their daughters, yet were jealous of them. As to Camilla .... Charles should concern himself with his own popularity, there is only so much he can do for Camilla. It's up to her ... and the populace. JMO, of course.

I'm sure there are qualities about people that each and every one of us admire and wish we could be more like them. Charles, I think, has always been a introverted, deep thinking type of person but I don't think he's ever been jealous of different traits. Diana was an extrovert and perhaps took it a bit to far and that could have peeved Charles. With Camilla behind him, things seem to roll off his back much, much more and he's happy and relaxed and comfortable in his own skin. I'm sure he's sat up and taken notice at the ease William and Kate work together as a team no matter where they go and I would bet my last slice of bacon that he's also taken notice of how much Camilla has brought that kind of at-one-ment into their own lives.

Its all good.

Charles isn't worried about the Cambridge's upstaging him and Camilla. Obviously, he's the Prince of Wales and principle player in the "Firm," but he knows his son and wife also have a role to play as senior royals and he respects that.

I'm just saying that it's time for Catherine to take her place on the stage as the Third lady in the Land. With The Queen giving Catherine the responsible role of representing her on a tour of Malta (a tour she couldn't make due to illness with carrying Charlotte), I think even The Queen knows it's time for Catherine to step up her game.

I think what you have presented for Kate is exactly what will happen with time. That's just the thing. Most people go forward in life knowing that after a few decades have passed, it'll be time to wind down and enjoy retirement. With Will and Kate, its opposite. As they go forward in life, more and more responsibility and duties will fall on their shoulders and there's no need to plan for a retirement because there isn't going to be one.

The Queen is most certainly one that is aware of how this all works and how it affects a life and the people around her. She knows what lies in store ahead for those that will be pushed into bigger and more demanding roles as time passes so I'm not surprised one little bit that she's more than happy to have her grandson and his wife have their own private time or "early retirement" if you will now.

HM, The Queen is a very wise and astute woman.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom